THE BROWNS BOARD

Question for the Board

Solon16

Been highly sought after...GM for Pitt? I can't understand why a guy who finds James Harrison and Willie Parker off the street hasn't been Mugged by another team? Is the process in Pitt different as to decision making? Is it Kevin Colbert making the decisions? why hasn't members of his team been sought after? haven't heard any others from his team mentioned anywhere....Whisenhut and Grimm were impact guys who left Pitt..why not GM and personel guys?...am i off base here? :wacko: Ravens guys and NE guys are highly sought after....why not Pitt?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masters

Always possible that no one in Colbert's staff is thought of as being ready or capable of being an NFL GM. One could say the same thing about why no one under AJ Smith in SD is talked about.

Always possible that no one in Colbert's staff is thought of as being ready or capable of being an NFL GM. One could say the same thing about why no one under AJ Smith in SD is talked about.

I don't see UDFA's like Harrison or Parker on the Chargers...do you?

Guest Masters
I don't see UDFA's like Harrison or Parker on the Chargers...do you?

I see Antonio Gates, Stephen Cooper, Jyles Tucker, and Clinton Hart (all UDFA, though Hart was originally an UDFA of the Eagles for one year). Thow in getting the sweet deal that allowed them to get Philip Rivers, and allowed them to draft Merriman and Castillo the following year. Do you not see 3-4 (depending on if you want to count Hart) very good football players that were UDFA?

I see Antonio Gates, Stephen Cooper, Jyles Tucker, and Clinton Hart (all UDFA, though Hart was originally an UDFA of the Eagles for one year). Thow in getting the sweet deal that allowed them to get Philip Rivers, and allowed them to draft Merriman and Castillo the following year. Do you not see 3-4 (depending on if you want to count Hart) very good football players that were UDFA?

gates was a draft pick, no? Anyway fck the chargers the thread is about Pitt and Colbert and his staff

Guest Masters
gates was a draft pick, no? Anyway fck the chargers the thread is about Pitt and Colbert and his staff

Gates was an UDFA. Only CLE, SD, and one other team worked him out at KSU (after all the dude never played college football).

The point I was making is that maybe no one on Colbert's staff is thought of, or is good enough to be an NFL GM. SD was just an example of another team where they have made great drafts and UDFA signings, but no one talks about guys under Smith for jobs either. Maybe with both guys they do not give out enough responsibility for people under them to grow that far.

That could also be because AJ Smith is an asshat and is giving all his underlings a bad name.

Guest Masters
That could also be because AJ Smith is an asshat and is giving all his underlings a bad name.

Always possible too. But you hear as much about his underlings as you do Colbert's.

Like it or not, you have to consider that Pittsburgh is a family atmosphere and has been very successful. Colbert under Cowher was basically a Director of Player Personnel as was Pioli in NE. Fact is that those guys just may be satisfied where they are.

Donahue was a bust when he moved on but Doug Whaley and Ron Hughes are very marketable Personnel guys. The grass is always greener on the other side just doesn't matter to everyone. This is a very stable organization and the Front Office staff has very little change over. I believe it is one of the reasons that the Steelers are so successful.

Olddawg, As usual your post is useless.......keep trying. Meanwhile the question addressed in the lead is a good one. My guess is that Colbert works for the Steelers and works to keep making Steel Curtains and that he is not sought after because he is not just another one of twenty coffee fetchers in the COPY CAT nfl who makes a good move............

this is quite funny............as money rules in most places BUT PITTSBURGH where the family gets what wiining is about and makes sure the employees continue the system

Guest Masters

If the question is strictly why no one has gone after Colbert to be there GM, well that is pretty easy. He is under contract as Director of Player Personal and GM. He'd have to get an even higher title, and PIT would get compensation for someone to take him. You don't have teams going after a GM that is already under contract with another team.

As usual your post is useless.......keep trying.

Once a dick always a dick.

Solon asked a legit question and you have to post your bull shit. Next you will be whining because people aare dissing you.

Here's why asshole.

BTW, great thought provoking question Solon.

I did not post bullshit............I posted what you are.

I stated a hundred times with rational why Sewage stank'

you posted without rational why Sewage was the greatest

NOw that SEWAGE got fired because he stank

YOU DIMWIT JERKOFF ASSHOLE never had the guts to .............to make it clear I had it right.........and you as usual just spew shit out your ass wrongly

and if you were a real man you would have stepped up and saluted the Great Rich for once again having his stuff in order and once again you having no clue about anything

But what did you do pissed on Rich even when he proved you dead ass wrong EVERY FREAKING TIME

You are a blowhard..........get some guts or just keep being pathetic

AND I WILL POUND You jERK UNTil you geT CONSCIENCE OR JUST DISAPPEAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I AM NOT GOING TO LET A FRAUD LIKE CONTINUE WITHOUT COMING CLEAN

YOU DIMWIT JERKOFF ASSHOLE never had the guts to .............to make it clear I had it right.........and you as usual just spew shit out your ass wrongly

and if you were a real man you would have stepped up and saluted the Great Rich for once again having his stuff in order and once again you having no clue about anything

But what did you do pissed on Rich even when he proved you dead ass wrong EVERY FREAKING TIME

AND I WILL POUND You jERK UNTil you geT CONSCIENCE OR JUST DISAPPEAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I AM NOT GOING TO LET A FRAUD LIKE CONTINUE WITHOUT COMING CLEAN

and my point was.........once a dick always a dick. thanks for the conformation.

and my point was.........once a dick always a dick. thanks for the conformation.

Yu cannot even spell confirmation you xxxxing idiot...........and masters as usual is here right on to tell the world he is a dumbfuaque and tell make sure they think it is me

two xxxxing loser morons both you buffoons

This is why you are not like on the board and everyone wishes you'd just go away.

This is why you are not like on the board and everyone wishes you'd just go away.

and that is why you cannot grammatically construct a sentence and that is why you cannot do simple math and that is why you OWE ME 500 DOLLARS you piece of shit asshole and refuse to pay........it is what it is.......eh ASSHOLE

Yu cannot even spell confirmation you xxxxing idiot...........and masters as usual is here right on to tell the world he is a dumbfuaque and tell make sure they think it is me

two xxxxing loser morons both you buffoons

and you can't even express an idea in a complete sentence douchebag.

Complete sentence moron. In Sewage we Trust. YOU MORON. ME, fire Sewage three years ago with no relent. YOU REMAIN A COMPLETE USELESS JACKOFF and gutless too!. Carry ON! Amuse the civilized people. Please do keep posting your useless stupid assessment of football and indeed "In Sewage we Trust", your Mantra!

Masters, you being a worm, lying about math, unable to do math, lying constantly about statements about postions! How bout, Masters, we meet face to face. I will be there. Name the day and we can discuss all things football. If you say one more stinking word that is one more lie. I may just lie down and roll on the floor in laughter! Rather, I would wish you a xxxxing coward to take a punch at me! Then I wil,l and I promise rip you every which way but loose. YOU are a gutless punk. Please do tell me where to meet! Then we can do due diligence and so you so manly can show me your prowsess and kick my ass. How is that grammar asshole!

The ball is in your court punk!

Heh heh, my good grammar will now be well harummppph...........assholeized by an American coward slime ball and punk gutless punk /...Masters.........go for it big gut kick my ass

Bottom line is this asshole is a gutless wimp committed to lying and spewing hate on a fellow Browns fan! Now how dumb is that!

Go Browns we are again starting anew in accordancw with my long standing wish to flush the stench in the GM position. The same guy dumfbufugqe Masters said in "IN savage we trust" unitl December 15. There is no excuse for being a complete idiot Masters!

Complete sentence moron. In Sewage we Trust. YOU MORON. ME, fire Sewage three years ago with no relent. YOU REMAIN A COMPLETE USELESS JACKOFF and gutless too!. Carry ON! Amuse the civilized people. Please do keep posting your useless stupid assessment of football and indeed "In Sewage we Trust", your Mantra!

Masters, you being a worm, lying about math, unable to do math, lying constantly about statements about postions! How bout, Masters, we meet face to face. I will be there. Name the day and we can discuss all things football. If you say one more stinking word that is one more lie. I may just lie down and roll on the floor in laughter! Rather, I would wish you a xxxxing coward to take a punch at me! Then I wil,l and I promise rip you every which way but loose. YOU are a gutless punk. Please do tell me where to meet! Then we can do due diligence and so you so manly can show me your prowsess and kick my ass. How is that grammar asshole!

The ball is in your court punk!

Heh heh, my good grammar will now be well harummppph...........assholeized by an American coward slime ball and punk gutless punk /...Masters.........go for it big gut kick my ass

Bottom line is this asshole is a gutless wimp committed to lying and spewing hate on a fellow Browns fan! Now how dumb is that!

Go Browns we are again starting anew in accordancw with my long standing wish to flush the stench in the GM position. The same guy dumfbufugqe Masters said in "IN savage we trust" unitl December 15. There is no excuse for being a complete idiot Masters!

Just for you PUNK

Been highly sought after...GM for Pitt? I can't understand why a guy who finds James Harrison and Willie Parker off the street hasn't been Mugged by another team? Is the process in Pitt different as to decision making? Is it Kevin Colbert making the decisions? why hasn't members of his team been sought after? haven't heard any others from his team mentioned anywhere....Whisenhut and Grimm were impact guys who left Pitt..why not GM and personel guys?...am i off base here? :wacko: Ravens guys and NE guys are highly sought after....why not Pitt?

That is a very good question. MY guess is that Pittsburgh is an under the radar team as always and that Cowher had the limelight and his assistants so Colbert just slipped under the scan which proves one more the NFL is just anotherr ME too organzation. Maybe he will emerge but not this year. So are the Browns focused once more on coffee fetchers let's hope they can make the coffee richer and not just be another empty cup. OOOH BOY!

Hey buddy, I got an idea! Please urinate on me! That will save the anguish of making your attempt something more than it is! Thanks in advance GENIUS. If your decide to understand the game please call

BTW, if read way back before the slobber started flying I answered that question

That was a serious question for you.

You think that everyone who works for/with someone successful is a "coffee fetcher." Just wondering if you think Colbert fetched Cowher's coffee or what...

No I make astute judgments at all times. About all things from geopolitical to national the local to sports. My opinion has no peer, none. Take that for whatever yu choose is relevant. I have surmised that you are just a smart ass dickhead with no real clue about anything but sure that folks like me who got it need to get it ie,,...........two loaded barrels.

Keep working on it pal, maybe some day your head will creep outta yurass!

Archived