THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer out for season

bigbaddawgjr

We better sign someone quick because the way that dufas Weeden stands like a freakin' statue behind the line he won't last the season getting sacked 6 times a game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We better sign someone quick because the way that dufas Weeden stands like a freakin' statue behind the line he won't last the season getting sacked 6 times a game.

...and he stares down the receiver...and he consistently delivers the ball late...and he throws behind the receiver...and he constantly

gets his passes batted down at the line...and he has to burn at least 3 timeouts every game because he can't get the play off in time.

In the words of the immortal Joe Schultz, "Aw, shitfuck".

he won't survive Suh next Sunday, we better find someone real quick.

I'm so sorry guys. Hoyer looked like the next great qb in my opinion. But he will be back next year, I think if weeden can win 6 games you guys will win the division. Hopefully weeden will have a fire under his ass and a chip on his shoulder and play lights out. Good luck guys ill be rooting as long as y'all don't play the skins in the sb!

thanks for the post. class act. i got a friend who is both a skins and a stooler fan. so i get a lot of knowledge about the franchise through hearing his 'stories'. like your team. next year draft defense all the way.

just am not sold on shanahan. never have been. but good luck. thanks for the nice words.

yessir.

...and he stares down the receiver...and he consistently delivers the ball late...and he throws behind the receiver...and he constantly

gets his passes batted down at the line...and he has to burn at least 3 timeouts every game because he can't get the play off in time.

In the words of the immortal Joe Schultz, "Aw, shitfuck".

sooooooo true. and by the way fucking hilarious!

he won't survive Suh next Sunday, we better find someone real quick.

FREEMAN!! FREEMAN!! FREEMAN!!

laughable. you guys sound like a bunch of bitches.

this is weeden's make or break time. we spent a first round pick on the guy and a lot of people saw enough in him pre-draft for the browns to move up and take him. do i think they made the right choice? no. BUT it wasn't mine to make so this is who we are stuck with. give the guy a chance. yeah we all fell in love with the hoyer story but shit like this happens every sunday (or thursday and sometimes saturday).

i would cut campbell tomorrow and sign freeman in a heart beat. didn't he have one of the best rookie years a QB ever had? schiano is a prick, just ask ray rice. fuck him. talk about a team that is doomed. he'll be lucky to last out the year.

and 2 words to the troy smith lovers:

shut up.

Totally agree. Freeman would be a huge upgrade over Campbell.....If he's a problem, dump him. Probably some others out there I don't even know about, so there's always a replacement to sign until we get our franchise QB next year.

laughable. you guys sound like a bunch of bitches.

this is weeden's make or break time. we spent a first round pick on the guy and a lot of people saw enough in him pre-draft for the browns to move up and take him. do i think they made the right choice? no. BUT it wasn't mine to make so this is who we are stuck with. give the guy a chance. yeah we all fell in love with the hoyer story but shit like this happens every sunday (or thursday and sometimes saturday).

i would cut campbell tomorrow and sign freeman in a heart beat. didn't he have one of the best rookie years a QB ever had? schiano is a prick, just ask ray rice. fuck him. talk about a team that is doomed. he'll be lucky to last out the year.

and 2 words to the troy smith lovers:

shut up.

Actually Freeman was terrible his rookie year, had a great year 2, a horrible year 3, and rebounded for a mediocre year 4. BRING IN TROY! Fuck Tyler Pigpen

Maybe someone can get Cribbs off the Couch, I'm telling you, he's the real McCoy. I'm going to pickup a McFrye cause I'm hungry and it's a heck of a Dilfer a couple bucks. I'll jump back on my Del when I get Holmme and post some more...

Actually Freeman was terrible his rookie year, had a great year 2, a horrible year 3, and rebounded for a mediocre year 4. BRING IN TROY! Fuck Tyler Pigpen

c'mon dude. can't you be objective w/o throwing in the buckeye love?

i mean i love me some ohio state too, but troy smith sucked then and sucks now. couldn't even hold freeman's jock.

...and he stares down the receiver...and he consistently delivers the ball late...and he throws behind the receiver EDIT from me- constantly- threw the ball behind a open Bess, ...and he constantly gets his passes batted down at the line...and he has to burn at least 3 timeouts every game because he can't get the play off in time.

You forgot has zero pocket presence either. (Watched the tape today, the dumbass SAW a defender coming right at him, and stood there like a deer in the headlights- a couple of times) Or has no touch on his passes. (anyone remember him ever tossing a nice touch fade in the endzone that was 1\2 accurate?) Can't see receivers breaking open to save his life. But other than that, he can occasionally throw a nice laser bomb. I iz seeing DA II. Looks great when he has all day to throw, but so can any scrub qb with an NFL arm.

Yeah, I'll support the guy, but the Trent Richardson trade showed the coaches had zero confidence Weeden can correct his shortcomings, a couple weeks ago. The guy is going to be 30 years old shortly on to of it. Hoyer could minimize the offense's weaknesses, Weeden maximizes them.

c'mon dude. can't you be objective w/o throwing in the buckeye love?

i mean i love me some ohio state too, but troy smith sucked then and sucks now. couldn't even hold freeman's jock.

Hahaha, I wasn't saying Smith is bettet than freeman or Thigpen, or weeden or Campbell. I don't want whoever we sign to even see the field unless its an emergency.

Wow... all these pages and not a single conspiracy theory like, "paid the doctor to say 'torn ACL' since Hoyer was effing up the FO's tank-the-season plan." ;) I'm proud of you guys...

On a more serious note... I wonder how much time passed before Brady rang up Brian to give him a morale boost?

sources, links?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/browns-qb-hoyer-season-knee-injury-20471828

Weeden comes in and has a 95.4 passer rating after sitting bench because of injury and hoyer playing well.

Issue is not whether or not Wheezy can post a rating in a given game... he can. In 2012 his QR exceeded 90 in 4 games...and he had another 2 games in the 80's. It's the other games that are the issue... it's called consistency. And he has not shown that to date.

He's a cancer in the locker room. If we bring him in and don't committ to him any longer than this year, and the FO thinks he'll play nice and be better than Weeden, I'll trust their judgment. But I have very serious doubts.

You guys seriously want that locker room cancer from Tampa to come to Cleveland?

Blindly? No... but you talk to him and then decide. It's called "bad situation". It's called "2nd chance".

To be fair, literally since I've seen Jaws on ESPN the only QB he's said wasn't good was Tebow. I'm not kidding, it's like it's not in his DNA to say a QB is bad.

Agree to an extent... I have seen him say that QBs are "flawed" in this way or that... so if he's not saying that Freeman is flawed...

One of the beat reporters (Ridenour) believes this takes the chances of the Browns drafting a QB way up in the draft to a near certainty. The brass seems to have no confidence whatsoever in Weeden and won't really know anything about Hoyer by the time the draft rolls around. He only got those two starts and he'll be rehabbing in May... not enough to bank on.

Yup... could see that coming, but how "way up" depends on a lot of factors, e.g., success of surgery, who we sign, how Wheezy plays, etc.

But what if Weeden leads the team to the playoffs?

If Wheezy leads us to the playoffs...

If he does so continuing to look like he did leading us to victory Thursday nite...

... then I'll likely say about him what I said about DA after his one, great year...

TRADE HIM.

It's a dream scenario.

They need to construct a practice drill for Weeden. Have him line up under center with no other offensive linemen and three receivers who are covered man to man, have a LB line up off an imaginary tackle. After the snap, he counts to three and than rushes Weeden. Either weeden gets the pass off to an open receiver or he gets leveled. Keep doing it until he gets it in his head he needs to get rid of the ball even if it is to throw it away if no one is open.

LOL... but rather than the injury risk associated with the LB hitting him, perhaps electrodes on his ball sack...

We don't need "lights out" QB play with this team, just need first downs that lead to good field position and enough points to give our D a chance.

Yup... "game managing" QB... "First do no harm".

It's why I continue to think McCarron is a good fit. (Have I mentioned that before? :) )

Tyler Thigpen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/04/report-browns-expected-to-meet-with-tyler-thigpen/

Pretty much confirms that Weeden is the guy the rest of the way

Picture in the article screams "NOOOOOoooooo"...

Ball kinda pointing the wrong way...

Not even Wheezy does that.

Who are these game managers winning championships? Or are Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers game-managing their way to the HOF? Kaep is anything but a game manager. Ditto for Go Deep Flacco.

Game managers? I'd say Alex Smith is the best in the biz at it over the past few years. Crazy high completion percentage (82.6 last year considering drops, #1). And he wins. Who else, though? And you have to factor in that Smith has fantastic wheels (much like Andrew Luck).

I kind felt like that was Brian Hoyer: Accurate passer with decent but not awesome arm... and good wheels. Not sure who that guy would be in this draft. Maybe Aaron Murray? Can he move?

Archived