THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 11 Game Impressions: Steelers @ Browns

Tour2ma

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A healthy Campbell doesn't suck. Still a solid backup. Weeden will be out of the league next year..

A healthy Campbell doesn't suck? Ok, how many teams have dropped him already? Jason is afraid to throw up field, that's why he can't succeed. Solid backup? Only in desperate situation like ours. Starter, never again.

There are 3 elite players on the team, one had a somewhat off day.

Haden, Thomas, Gordon

Gordon is no doubt good but the brunt of his yardage was in garbage time or via crossing routes against the zone with a lb covering. He's good tho no doubt about it.

Come on. You can't compare this coaching staff with Shurmur & Co. We're much more competitive now. Even after such a shitty game vs Pissburgh.

Actually we aren't. The defense is more solid but with Weeden at the helm for the whole season we are the same. Changing regimes gives the fan base hope until in 3 years we are the same team with Teddy Twatwater

We talked about this already burn. My gf has a business in town.

I don't remember discussing this with you. Anyhow, maybe we can hook up for a beer sometime. I am not black. Are you? There aren't too many blacks in Delaware....not that it means anything. I am second generation Irish. People say I look like Mr French from the flick The Departed. I am not gay either (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I understand and share the frustration of this forum for another season thrown in the toilet.

But I'm 100% sure this is just the Year One of a very good team coming out. Unlike the other recent seasons thrown in the toilet, we have a good foundation to build on.

Tough to say after a disappointing home loss to the Steelers, but I'm optimistic about our future like I've never been in years.

I understand and share the frustration of this forum for another season thrown in the toilet.

But I'm 100% sure this is just the Year One of a very good team coming out. Unlike the other recent seasons thrown in the toilet, we have a good foundation to build on.

Tough to say after a disappointing home loss to the Steelers, but I'm optimistic about our future like I've never been in years.

We do have a good foundation. We need a fucking a QB. Period.

What foundation? joe thomas, gordon, Cameron, DQ, mingo, haden? Mack is gone next year, no RB, no QB, no solid O line next year, no quality # 2 WR, no actual depth on D (linebackers, CB's ). We are still two years out for a winning season (9-7).

What foundation? joe thomas, gordon, Cameron, DQ, mingo, haden? Mack is gone next year, no RB, no QB, no solid O line next year, no quality # 2 WR, no actual depth on D (linebackers, CB's ). We are still two years out for a winning season (9-7).

quit throwing names out there, and realize that with AVERAGE QB PLAY (HOYER) we looked like a professional football team. Am I wrong?

Names I thew out I am happy with. supporting cast I am not. just being a realist. Hoyer looked good, Campbell was average and could have been a .500 win QB. If you only have one playmaker on D and maybe Two on O, makes you a what we are. A below average team.

quit throwing names out there, and realize that with AVERAGE QB PLAY (HOYER) we looked like a professional football team. Am I wrong?

"Looked" like a decent team... for 2 games. This D is great, but the offense is going to need a lot more than just Brian Hoyer...

As far as QB is concerned, next years draft will be a crap shoot. Close your eyes and pray. Not sure why people think our D is great.

Overrated is more like it. Going against an offensive line that has been decimated by injury and ZERO pass rush. RT did a great

impression of a huge gate with a broken latch on a windy day. 2 crucial fumbles 2 weeks in a row by the one RB we have that doesn't

look like he's running in quicksand. The one QB we have that looks like he belongs in the NFL will be returning from a serious knee

injury.

So, to recap, can't stop the run, can't rush the passer, can't protect our QB (what QB, ha ha), can't run the ball. Did anyone honestly

see anything in the last 2 games to give us hope for the future?

As far as QB is concerned, next years draft will be a crap shoot. Close your eyes and pray. Not sure why people think our D is great.

Overrated is more like it. Going against an offensive line that has been decimated by injury and ZERO pass rush. RT did a great

impression of a huge gate with a broken latch on a windy day. 2 crucial fumbles 2 weeks in a row by the one RB we have that doesn't

look like he's running in quicksand. The one QB we have that looks like he belongs in the NFL will be returning from a serious knee

injury.

So, to recap, can't stop the run, can't rush the passer, can't protect our QB (what QB, ha ha), can't run the ball. Did anyone honestly

You should not only look at the last two games. Look at the full season we had so far. I've seen a number of good signs of what will be the Browns to come.

injury.

The Steelers came in with a plan to throw the ball quickly. Horton is a good coach, but he got absolutely out schemed today. I don't know this or anything, but I'd bet the average release time for Big Ben today was 2.5, 2.6 seconds. It's literally impossible to get to a QB minus a broken play when the ball is going out that quickly. Horton for some reason refused to press and WR's were wide open on those 5-7 yard routes. As for the run, a lot of those chunk plays came after the game was pretty well decided. Say what you will, but it has to be God Damn demoralizing as a defense to get off the field just to have the offense run a couple plays or turn the ball over.

Defense is very solid but not "elite" yet. We clearly could use an ILB and a 2nd corner. But as is the case, the defense is nowhere near the problem of this team. No QB=crappy football, period.

The Steelers came in with a plan to throw the ball quickly. Horton is a good coach, but he got absolutely out schemed today. I don't know this or anything, but I'd bet the average release time for Big Ben today was 2.5, 2.6 seconds. It's literally impossible to get to a QB minus a broken play when the ball is going out that quickly. Horton for some reason refused to press and WR's were wide open on those 5-7 yard routes. As for the run, a lot of those chunk plays came after the game was pretty well decided. Say what you will, but it has to be God Damn demoralizing as a defense to get off the field just to have the offense run a couple plays or turn the ball over.

Defense is very solid but not "elite" yet. We clearly could use an ILB and a 2nd corner. But as is the case, the defense is nowhere near the problem of this team. No QB=crappy football, period.

Horton got outcoached for sure. The stoolers threw at least 10 wr screens and the Browns didn't stop any of them.

A franchise QB wouldn't have saved the game today, but it would have helped.

You can't fumble.

You can't drop passes that hit you in the hands.

You absolutely can't give up 3rd down conversions.

We couldn't get on Roethlisberger because he was being Roethlisberger. Meanwhile, Weeden seemed to have a magnet attached to him.

The Steelers were and still are a better team than the Browns. It won't change until we get a QB who matters, a RT who can block, and a defense that can wrap players up and take them down on first contact.

This is the second week in a row the Browns have played lazy, uninspired football. It makes me think that something big may be happening that they know and we don't.

52 passes, 16 runs, 0 sacks and 4 turnovers. Browns

34 passes, 34 runs, 5 sacks and 0 turnovers, Stoolers

Lucky we only lost by 16

Sorry fellas, but the on-field abortion that has been the Cleveland Browns for the last 20 years

has left my optimism tank running on fumes. Every year at this point of the season it's the SOS--

an offense whose motto is 'Three and out'. Running game that doesn't concern anyone. Receivers

unable to get separation, OL using the famed 'Ole!' technique. I realize BR was getting rid of the

ball quickly today but, c'mon---other than to get the sweat stink out, is there even a reason to wash

his uniform after today's game?

Next year we have 10 draft picks. And from the way it looks we'll once again be picking in the top

5-10. The same place we've been drafting for the last 14 years. I'm beginning to accept that if the

Browns ever win the Super Bowl I'll be shitting my diaper and too far gone with dementia to enjoy it.

Sorry fellas, but the on-field abortion that has been the Cleveland Browns for the last 20 years

has left my optimism tank running on fumes. Every year at this point of the season it's the SOS--

an offense whose motto is 'Three and out'. Running game that doesn't concern anyone. Receivers

unable to get separation, OL using the famed 'Ole!' technique. I realize BR was getting rid of the

ball quickly today but, c'mon---other than to get the sweat stink out, is there even a reason to wash

his uniform after today's game?

Next year we have 10 draft picks. And from the way it looks we'll once again be picking in the top

5-10. The same place we've been drafting for the last 14 years. I'm beginning to accept that if the

Browns ever win the Super Bowl I'll be shitting my diaper and too far gone with dementia to enjoy it.

Its true. For that reason I've morphed into more of an NFL fan than a straight up browns fan. The browns are my team but I have a lot of teams I support.

Archived