THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 11 Game Impressions: Steelers @ Browns

Tour2ma

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its true. For that reason I've morphed into more of an NFL fan than a straight up browns fan. The browns are my team but I have a lot of teams I support.

I can kind of relate. I've really enjoyed having NFL sunday ticket in this regard. I'll always have the browns game on my computer but when they stink up the joint like today I can have it on more in the background.

the steelers own us. it's that simple. that's why i didn't watch the game today and won't want to see any highlight. they think of cleveland browns' stadium as heinz field #2.

until we get a coach with some balls that can call fucking plays and our DL and OL can punch these dudes in the face and knock the opposing team back 5 yds each direction, we will continue to be their bitches.

every piece of this team played like shit today and the coaching staff should be held accountable, player performance included.

don't know if i'll watch another game this year. it's like pouring hot sauce in your eyes while some tightens the vise on your balls.

I don't remember discussing this with you. Anyhow, maybe we can hook up for a beer sometime. I am not black. Are you? There aren't too many blacks in Delaware....not that it means anything. I am second generation Irish. People say I look like Mr French from the flick The Departed. I am not gay either (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I'm absolutely down to get a beer sometime. Right now my days off are weird. Working a stop gap job until after the first of the year but we should be able to get something together. I have a lot of scotch Irish and Italian but I'm def not second generation. Both sides of my FAM do predate the revolutionary war here tho.

Well FUCK. Fucking fuck. That fucking piece of shit of a game absolutely drained any hope I have for this team. It was like watching last year's, Shurmur-infested offensive offense, instead of the decent football we've seen at times this year. Once again it looks like a decent performance from the D that gets wasted by not being able to get anywhere inside the steeler half. Side note - I don't think the D actually played that well, there weren't very many big stops, and most of the time getting off the field was aided by steeler ineptitude. Still, they only gave up about 13 points (can't put the pick-6 or the fumble returned to the 1 on them so much). Even the one TD that was on Haden the receiver got lucky.

But shit. That was so depressing in every single way. I'm glad I had to wait til this morning to watch it, it meant I could skip through all the 'analysis' - "if weeden doesn't have his head stuck inside his arse the browns have a first down there" etc. Well no shit. You don't need to tell us that that guy is useless. Who runs with the ball in an outstretched arm like that? "Here Mr Steeler, have the damn ball!" But it's not like Campbell was much better. First pass of the game - first pass - was a check down to the RB. SURPRISE!!! He completed 14/22 passes, and I swear, not one of them was more than a 5 yard reception. Some YAC, sure, but that's not on Campbell.

And that brings us to the receivers. We had Gordon, with his 240-yard game, and the rest of the group couldn't break 100 yards TOTAL. I feel that guy's pain - to be that good on a shit team like this, can you imagine how good he'd be with Rodgers, Brady or Manning as his QB? He's probably imagining. I love Greg Little - once he has the ball in his hands. Getting it in there looks to be problematic though. Getting open seems to be impossible. Has Jordan Cameron forgotten that he's a massive guy who can catch? Or does he think that that allows him to not ever get open, and the QB (who will it be next week? Tebow? Fuck me) will just throw it up to him? It's not basketball, you're not looking for rebounds. Get open, catch and hold the ball...

...Chris fucking Ogbonnaya. A couple of weeks ago I was asking - he can catch, run, block, where's the weakness? Looks like we found it. Hold on to the damn ball. It's what you get paid for. If you can't do it, someone else will.

I haven't even gotten round to talking about how bad Mitchell 'rookie RT of the year' Schwartz looked, getting pushed around all over the place. We've seen him getting beaten easily by speed rushing. OK, so he must be able to block a bull rush then, right? Apparently not. It was like watching Oniel Cousins back at guard.

Last year we saw this shit, and it was ok, because this team was building, we were on to something. Our two first round picks were just adjusting to the pros. The second rounder looked like he grew in to the game and would come out blazing. Things were looking up. Then this year, they do just enough to make us believe that playoffs are possible, that this team can be respected, that we're not just gonna be 5-11 again, picking up some wins courtesy of decent defensive play and sub-par opposition play. That's what makes this worse, the amount our expectations were raised.

Aaaaaah, much better. This is something I hate about NFL in England - absolutely nobody around the office I can bitch at! So I need to come on here to let off the steam.

I don't remember discussing this with you. Anyhow, maybe we can hook up for a beer sometime. I am not black. Are you? There aren't too many blacks in Delaware....not that it means anything. I am second generation Irish. People say I look like Mr French from the flick The Departed. I am not gay either (not that there is anything wrong with that)

:wub:

Archived