THE BROWNS BOARD

Hello again Browns Fans!

Jag4life00

Hey guys looking forward to this weeks game, been a while figured I'd stop in and say hi. You guys have had a pretty up and down season? Better then my Jags it's been pretty much all down, that said they're playing a LITTLE better after the bye but I don't expect us to come out of there with a win this week.

Oh and GREAT move fleecing the colts for a 1st, hopefully your GM gets the picks right, having multiple 1st round picks is a good way to turn things around fast.

well heres to a good injury free game, honestly wouldn't mind if you guys cleaned the floor with us, while I never root for my team to lose I'm kind of hoping you guys can put a run together and give me someone to pull for in the post season.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha. The browns might might beat the jags but the team is a mess. I think our post season aspirations are over for another year.

Seems you guys have the same problem we have starting with the QB, at least you guys have seriously tried to upgrade the position, we tend to just ignore it. That said your division is weak so who knows anything can happen.

Go Browns

Go Denard

Wait I thought Ohio and Michigan had a whole hate thing going on, how are you a Michigan AND Browns fan?

This is an important game this weekend. This is the team we might be dogfighting with in the draft. We absolutely have to lose this game. If we can lose to the jags there's no one we can't lose to. The factory will reach new levels output. The possibilities are endless if we can pull this one off. Something tells me the Jags are fully aware of what's at stake as well so I imagine this game on sunday to be a giant shit barbeque with a side of shit on the cob. The only thing I'm actually looking forward to this weekend is the six pack of premium craft that I will be purchasing to drink during the game. The game itself, well the 1st half at least...is strictly an obligatory gesture. I'm thinking of some great lakes this weekend. Maybe some nosferatu? Anybody tried it?

Have you watched Weeden? I've seen Henne beat the Browns in the past.

Talent wise I think they should win, but Weeden is a turd.

Honestly no I haven't seen him this year. Heck I've avoided most Jaguar games this year, it's just been to much to suck this bad again. It's been better after the bye week but still............

Seems you guys have the same problem we have starting with the QB, at least you guys have seriously tried to upgrade the position, we tend to just ignore it. That said your division is weak so who knows anything can happen.

Wait I thought Ohio and Michigan had a whole hate thing going on, how are you a Michigan AND Browns fan?

He is a godless atheist. That is how that happens

They don't even have to tell Weeden to throw the game, they just said go out and do what you do best there sport. And that's good enough to ensure we lose. The FO retains plausible deniability that they're not throwing the season.

They'd tell weeden to throw the game, but he'd spend far too long staring at the Jags, then throw it behind them at 100mph.

So who are you guys pulling for in the draft? You thinking you'll be picking high enough for Mariota or possibly Bridgewater? I'm not sold on Mariota myself and if we win 1 or 2 more games I'm not sure we'll be in position for Bridgewater. Personally I'm hoping for someone like Clowney or Barr for the Jags and find a 2nd round QB. Out side of Bridgewater I dont' see much difference in the rest of them.

So who are you guys pulling for in the draft? You thinking you'll be picking high enough for Mariota or possibly Bridgewater? I'm not sold on Mariota myself and if we win 1 or 2 more games I'm not sure we'll be in position for Bridgewater. Personally I'm hoping for someone like Clowney or Barr for the Jags and find a 2nd round QB. Out side of Bridgewater I dont' see much difference in the rest of them.

I don't think we'll be drafting high enough for bridgewater. We'll end up with 5 or 6 wins, which wil have us in 6th-9th or something like that. Mariota is also probably out of reach. There's some people after Carr, and most QBs in the top of the draft will have their supporters - Hundley, Mettenberger, Murry etc

There doesn't seem to be a consensus guy that everyone wants, which means that 90% of the fanbase will be upset with whoever we draft!

I don't think we'll be drafting high enough for bridgewater. We'll end up with 5 or 6 wins, which wil have us in 6th-9th or something like that. Mariota is also probably out of reach. There's some people after Carr, and most QBs in the top of the draft will have their supporters - Hundley, Mettenberger, Murry etc

There doesn't seem to be a consensus guy that everyone wants, which means that 90% of the fanbase will be upset with whoever we draft!

Damn sounds like us over on our board right now. I have no idea which of any of these QB's are worth anything coming up, I just hope we get the right one this time. Gabbert took the wind out of my sails, I can't imagine how frustrated you guys are waiting for a QB.

Damn sounds like us over on our board right now. I have no idea which of any of these QB's are worth anything coming up, I just hope we get the right one this time. Gabbert took the wind out of my sails, I can't imagine how frustrated you guys are waiting for a QB.

I think it just attests to the lack of a true elite, guaranteed no1 pick like Luck, for example. There's also a camp of browns fans that want to see Hoyer start next season, with a draft pick from this year sitting and learning for a year or two. It's risky, because although Hoyer looked serviceable in his 2 games for us, they're about all the experience he has, plus he's recovering from his ACL injury. But if it works, we're set for the short term and with the right guy learning we're set for the next 10 years.

I think it just attests to the lack of a true elite, guaranteed no1 pick like Luck, for example. There's also a camp of browns fans that want to see Hoyer start next season, with a draft pick from this year sitting and learning for a year or two. It's risky, because although Hoyer looked serviceable in his 2 games for us, they're about all the experience he has, plus he's recovering from his ACL injury. But if it works, we're set for the short term and with the right guy learning we're set for the next 10 years.

We rushed Gabbert in year one and it shell shocked the kid. He had the abilities to play the game but I think rushing him out there with no offseason (that was the lockout year), and then changing coaching staffs every year for the next 3 years has ruined the kid. I'm a believe in letting the Rookie sit for a year IF you can, but I understand sometimes you have no option and have to play the kid.

We rushed Gabbert in year one and it shell shocked the kid. He had the abilities to play the game but I think rushing him out there with no offseason (that was the lockout year), and then changing coaching staffs every year for the next 3 years has ruined the kid. I'm a believe in letting the Rookie sit for a year IF you can, but I understand sometimes you have no option and have to play the kid.

It depends on the QB, some guys, like Andy Dalton for example, get thrown in there and do OK from the start. Flacco was in there from the beginning. Luck, Wilson and Griffin were able to do it last year, while Weeden did not blossom.

I don't know if Gabbert has it upstairs. But I'm glad we have two veteran returning QBs next year so that we are not "forced" to throw a guy in if he's not ready.

Zombo

It depends on the QB, some guys, like Andy Dalton for example, get thrown in there and do OK from the start. Flacco was in there from the beginning. Luck, Wilson and Griffin were able to do it last year, while Weeden did not blossom.

I don't know if Gabbert has it upstairs. But I'm glad we have two veteran returning QBs next year so that we are not "forced" to throw a guy in if he's not ready.

Zombo

Do you think Campbell sticks around? I know he's under contract, but it wouldn't be a shock if he got released.

Do you think Campbell sticks around? I know he's under contract, but it wouldn't be a shock if he got released.

I guess it depends on if he comes back and plays very well down the stretch. Then maybe we bring him back or get a low round pick for him.

If he doesn't get healthy/sucks ... yeah, then he's probably the odd man out.

Zombo

I think he's more likely to be traded than released. He's shown himself to be a serviceable starter in the right scenario, and will be a high end back up somewhere that needs one. Probably a 4th or 5th round pick?

Archived