THE BROWNS BOARD

Hello again Browns Fans!

Jag4life00

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the QB, some guys, like Andy Dalton for example, get thrown in there and do OK from the start. Flacco was in there from the beginning. Luck, Wilson and Griffin were able to do it last year, while Weeden did not blossom.

I don't know if Gabbert has it upstairs. But I'm glad we have two veteran returning QBs next year so that we are not "forced" to throw a guy in if he's not ready.

Zombo

I'm hoping the Jags can find a Veteran QB to let our Rookie sit for a while. As it is right now I don't think I could suffer another year under Henne and hold onto my sanity.

Jags guy. I'm from Cleveland (I might take a job there too). I have family in Michigan so I've always been s football fan. Than I was lucky enough to get to Michigan abd I'm in my senior year there noe for engineering

gotcha, man. engineering, whew that's a rough one. I took a couple engineering classes and quickly figured out I didn't want to be an engineer lol. Wouldn't mind the salary however.

Hey guys, good game. Gordon is legit, you guys have a real play maker in that kid. I think if you guys find a QB you're not that far off. As for us this was the best they've played in the last 2 years. Neither of us are world beaters at this point but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the victory.

thanks for the fun convo and exchange see you guys around.

Hey guys, good game. Gordon is legit, you guys have a real play maker in that kid. I think if you guys find a QB you're not that far off. As for us this was the best they've played in the last 2 years. Neither of us are world beaters at this point but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the victory.

Dont be classy ... It makes it hurt more.

Z

--your helmets are gay.

Bengals fans should actually be kissing our Brown and Orange asses for, if by some reason the Browns should beat the Pats, and the Bengals beat the Colts, then by virtue of our victory the Bengals should have the inside track on the #2 seed, for they would then be

9-4 as would be the Pats, but I believe they have the head to head tiebreaker on them because they beat them...plus the Colts would be behind them. So, pucker up, buttercups.

Ah....should the pussycatlickers decry the possibility of the Browns winning, simply recall that the last time they played the Browns met up with Tom Brady/Randy Moss et al and came away with a 34-14 victory. That was with Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis.

(and if they say....well, someone else will do it.....really? The Pats play the Dolphins, Ravens and Bills besides the Browns. The Browns have about as good a chance as any of those teams)

Bengals - worst uniforms in the NFL, by far. Everyone agrees.

Browns --- helmets inspired by a pumpkin pie. White stripe denotes whipped topping. Brown stripe of undetermined origin but probably poop related. Everyone agrees.

Ghetto city, corrupt and hillbilly.

Cleveland actual ghetto. Browns owner actual corrupt hillbilly.

Dont be classy ... It makes it hurt more.

Z

--your helmets are gay.

Don't know if they are gay but I did say "WTF is that" when I first saw them.

Browns --- helmets inspired by a pumpkin pie. White stripe denotes whipped topping.

Yes, perfect for fall and football

Brown stripe of undetermined origin but probably poop related. Everyone agrees.

Color of dirt....you know, what they used to play football on.

Actually, the Brown in the Browns color is NOT of undetermined origin. Here is the origin:

Paul Brown chose Seal Brown as the Browns color in honor of WWII fighter pilots and the jackets they wore.

m6ClpBbZhRahZz1gaaaZa7A.jpg

Cleveland actual ghetto. Browns owner actual corrupt hillbilly.

Your helmets look like a large black lady's panties.

And if you look inside those panties you'll sometimes find your teams still-warm logo.

Paul Brown chose Seal Brown as the Browns color in honor of WWII fighter pilots and the jackets they wore.

So the history of Clevelanders attempting to take credit for things they didn't actually experience goes back to the war?

And if you look inside those panties you'll sometimes find your teams still-warm logo.

So the history of Clevelanders attempting to take credit for things they didn't actually experience goes back to the war?

FYI, when the Browns began play, a number of them were Military veterans who fought in WWII. Example: The war is the reason the Browns got Otto Graham. He was drafted by the NFL Lions in 1944, but instead, after Northwestern he joined the Navy.....and was on the team at the Great Lakes Naval Academy in Chicago....coached by Paul Brown who was doing his bit for the war. When the war ended and Graham had a choice to go play for the Lions or to play in the new AAFC with Paul Brown....you know what he selected. Here is a snippet of that history from wiki:

As the war wound down with Germany's surrender in May 1945, the team parlayed Brown's ties to college football and the military to build its roster.[9] The first signing was Otto Graham, a former star quarterback at Northwestern University who was then serving in the Navy.[10] The Browns later signed kicker and offensive tackle Lou Groza and wide receivers Dante Lavelli and Mac Speedie.[11] Fullback Marion Motley and nose tackle Bill Willis, two of the earliest African-Americans to play professional football, also joined the team in 1946.[12] Cleveland's first training camp took place at Bowling Green University in northwestern Ohio.[13] Brown's reputation for winning notwithstanding, joining the team was a risk; the Browns and the AAFC were nascent entities and faced tough competition from the NFL. "I just went up there to see what would happen," center Frank Gatski said many years later.[13]

Almost all of the players Brown signed were war veterans. Gatski hitchhiked to Bowling Green from West Virginia in a military uniform.[14] Once at training camp, the players faced intense competition for spots on the final roster.[14] Rookies who had their college careers cut short by the war faced off against veteran players from NFL teams including the Chicago Cardinals and Chicago Bears.[14] "It was a tough, dog-eat-dog situation, and you really had to hustle," Groza said later.[14] Almost all of the men Brown signed had played for or against his teams at Ohio State and Great Lakes.[15]

Note here how your attempts to be an asshole actually leads you to an education

Bow in homage to the following honor roll:

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/war/worldwar2/honor_roll.aspx

Bud Grant played for Paul Brown at Great Lakes. Possibly the first player out of college to be drafted and play in the NFL and NBA. One of the great NFL coaches of the 1970's. His Vikings dominated but fell short in the Super Bowl....going O-4. I idolized him as a coach and his iconic presence on the cold sidelines of the old "Met" will never be forgotten

0ap2000000103107_gallery_600.jpg

What in the hell does 1944 have to do with a poop colored stripe that wasn't added to the uniform until years later?

You apparently come with the whole package don't you. Ignorant, thickheaded, disrespectful, disingenuous, bombastic.

You are a real 5 tool player.

And yes, the double entendre was intended.

You apparently come with the whole package don't you. Ignorant, thickheaded, disrespectful, disingenuous, bombastic.

You are a real 5 tool player.

And yes, the double entendre was intended.

Usually I'd respond to your insults with even better insults of my own, but knowing how bubbles work I"m aware that would only prompt Hoorta to protect your soft infant-like head by locking the thread.

All I'll add is Jag week has passed and the NFL has to pleased to learn Brownie fans weren't observed throwing their pooh on the field again.

Not sure if that's a sign of you pinheads making real progress or more likely just another sign of your fanbase giving up.

All I know for certain is Clevelander's didn't use the opportunity to set another new low in fan behavior. So there's that.

Props.

I know I said it already, but Jesus, what a fucking asshole.

If you say it often enough Hoorta will surround you with a protective bubble, which I admit you actually do need.

Besides, I'm not sure why you're mad at me for telling the truth.

Gipper has been selling the same lie for years and Zombo just spent months convincing you guys that the Browns were better than the Jets, Vikings, or Jags.

Myself, I've got way too much respect for you guys to lie to you like that.

Usually I'd respond to your insults with even better insults of my own, but knowing how bubbles work I"m aware that would only prompt Hoorta to protect your soft infant-like head by locking the thread.

All I'll add is Jag week has passed and the NFL has to pleased to learn Brownie fans weren't observed throwing their pooh on the field again.

Not sure if that's a sign of you pinheads making real progress or more likely just another sign of your fanbase giving up.

All I know for certain is Clevelander's didn't use the opportunity to set another new low in fan behavior. So there's that.

Props.

Basking in the assholery..

If you say it often enough Hoorta will surround you with a protective bubble, which I admit you actually do need.

Besides, I'm not sure why you're mad at me for telling the truth.

Gipper has been selling the same lie for years and Zombo just spent months convincing you guys that the Browns were better than the Jets, Vikings, or Jags.

Myself, I've got way too much respect for you guys to lie to you like that.

Not mad--just making an observation. Dude, you're an asshole. Has nothing to do with me loving the Browns. Giant asshole.

Every post of yours that I've read is the same--no insight, no contribution to the subject at hand--just you being an asshole.

And apparently you're proud of your assholery. No shame there--be the best asshole you can be. Maybe it's just a Cincitucky thing.

I had the pleasure of attending the wild card play-in game at PNC Park back in October. Same thing there. Every Reds fan I

encountered--every single one--left me walking away, shaking my head saying 'Jesus, what a fucking asshole.'

I'm sure you're a hero over on the Bengals board as you congratulate yourself on your clever smack.

Over here, though, you're just an asshole.

I don't need protection against your minor league act.

Props.

So? That's it. A not funny poop reference? I am sorry I misspoke before. I don't need protection from your Little League act. (though I think a little leaguer could do a better job)

I don't need protection against your minor league act.

Props.

So? That's it. A not funny poop reference? I am sorry I misspoke before. I don't need protection from your Little League act. (though I think a little leaguer could do a better job)

Tanner from The Bad News Bears has some of the best smack-talk from a little leaguer that I've ever heard. Tanner >>> Umadogg

Archived