THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Chud Fired

why cant we win

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about all of our top players, including Ward. When the leaders of your team come out and back the HC, then you go ahead and fire him anyhow, that is a shitty thing to do to those players. Look at a guy like Thomas, who took a big contract extension to stay with us, because he believed the team was heading in the right direction. What kind of message does this send when the best players you have are against the firing of the HC but they just go ahead and do it anyhow. If I were those players, I would be demanding a trade.

you are putting way too much on the emotional side of the game. the players get paid, nicely correct? are they are just going to leave because a coach they liked got fired? GTFO! really.

hate to burst your bubble but you do know keanu reeves is gay correct? well maybe you do know and are a fudge packer yourself.

The only thing that could possibly lead to that would be some sort of problem between the FO and Chud.

Agree... there's more here than we know. Maybe Grossi sheds some light tomorrow AM...

Uncertainty over Chudzinski angers players

December, 29, 2013By Pat McManamon | ESPN.com

The feelings of the players were evident, though.

“That’s ridiculous,” linebacker D'Qwell Jackson said.

“I’d be very surprised if they make a change,” tackle Joe Thomas said. “And disappointed.”

“I like coach Chud a lot,” said tight end Jordan Cameron. “He’s a great coach and he did a great job, and it’s his first year. I like the way he is. He’s a competitor and he’s a grinder.”

Cameron later added: “Guys deserve a chance to turn a program around and get things going, so (the possibility) is kind of shocking. I’m all for Chud and what he does, and support him 100 percent.”

Safety T.J. Ward, who could be a free agent, said the team believed in Chudzinski through the entire season.

“If we didn’t believe in him we wouldn’t have played for him,” Ward said. “You’d see a lot of rebelling and a lot of guys doing their own thing, and I don’t think that happened at all this year. It just didn’t happen the way we wanted it. When you have guys playing until the end of the season when there’s nothing to play for, you know you’ve got a good coach.”

“To start over again, it would be devastating, I think,” Thomas said.

Sure doesn't sound like a team that quit on Chud...

I guess this shows Jimmy is serious about winning, and losing will not be tolerated by anyone. I hope the FO, and players are watching.

Guess again...

We appreciate Chud’s passion for the Browns, and we have great respect for him both personally and professionally,” the team said in a statement. “We needed to see progress with this football team. We needed to see development and improvement as the season evolved and, unfortunately, we took a concerning step backward in the second half of the year. Our fans deserve to see a consistently competitive team. We have high standards, and there’s an urgency for success. When we believed we were not positioned to achieve significant progress in 2014, we knew we had to admit that a change was needed, and move forward. Browns fans are the most loyal and passionate supporters in the NFL. We’re fully committed to bringing them the winning football team they deserve.”

Sounds like BS to me, but what really scares me is the "urgency for success". Seems 180 deg off of the pre-season party line... reeks of panic... or resentment.

It's dumbass knee jerk decision.

Good summary...

you are putting way too much on the emotional side of the game. the players get paid, nicely correct? are they are just going to leave because a coach they liked got fired? GTFO! really.

hate to burst your bubble but you do know keanu reeves is gay correct? well maybe you do know and are a fudge packer yourself.

I totally disagree with your drunken rant...Expect Ward,mack and DQJ to be gone next year...oh and guess what...we'll be 2-14 next year and fire the next coach we hire..mark it down...

I'd tell you to fuck your mom, but I heard she likes big dick.

I totally disagree with your drunken rant...Expect Ward,mack and DQJ to be gone next year...oh and guess what...we'll be 2-14 next year and fire the next coach we hire..mark it down...

oh i'll write it down alright and tape it above my computer and when we do better than we did this year i'll expect a six pack of beer of my choice. if we go 2 and 14 i'll buy you a case.

do you got the balls nickers?

who is gonna come after seeing a firing like this?

^+1

Maybe I am in the minority but I am tired of shuffling coaches and systems here. I believe I saw enough flashes of good football to stick with it. With 7 top tier draft picks and plenty to spend on FA's we should have stuck it out. This kind of knee jerk shit has me honestly wondering if keeping my season tickets is worth it and that's saying something as I waited a long time to get them. Someone should post a poll on the firing. I would love to see what the majority think.

^+1

Why the fuck would Lovie Smith or any coach with any kind of name for himself want to coach under lombardi and banner? There are plenty of other vacancies. This team is fucking dysfunctional. JH3 is a fucking asshole and Banner is an asshole too. If we end up with McDaniels or O'Brien, I'm not even going to bother watching football next year. We're in the same exact position we were in when Holmgren was boss.

Another coaching churn, just what the doctor ordered.

Kick Banner and Lombardi out the door while he's at it...They chose the guy...or got stuck with the guy after everybody else thumbed their noses at this joke of an organization

"We're in it for the long haul" I don't believe a damn thing you say anymore Banner- I always thought you looked like a weasel- and you just just proved it. JH- go shove that new jumbotron up your ass sideways- you've just outdone Jerry Jones.

It's dumbass knee jerk decision. I blame that eggsucking weasel lombardi. I didn't like him

before, didn't like the hire.

Sounds to me, that Lombardi was brought in to lower the bottom line for Haslam. I told Canton Mike

Lombardi would be trouble.

Lombardi had alienated players in the past. If I was a fa with the Browns, I'd walk to another team, that's

what I would do. Apparently, he alienated Chud and Chud told him to shove it.

Maybe Haslam is a crook after all, and has money problems. There has to be some kind of dramatic explanation

for this debacle. Continuity????

There is no light at either end of the tunnel for us right now. It is a dark day in Browns Country right now. Especially when the best players like Thomas, Ward, and Jackson were backing Chud. And I just saw an acticle on Ward saying that Chud's future whould help make his decision come FA time.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is yet another train ready to run us over- this time I'm getting out of the way first.

hes not even top ten take the goggles off dude

Pro bowl Alternate says otherwise dipwad

show me where he is top ten I cant find it and I looked up the top ten. He was not on the list sorry but it's your opinion and not fact.

See above.

This is ridiculous, you want instant results Jimmy? I suggest you show Lombardi and Banner the door while you're at it. Thanks for blowing the 2013 draft. Sure, we can win with a third string qb, and a street FA RB. You can bet Thomas and all the other long term players are tired of this shit- and finally, so am i.

oh i'll write it down alright and tape it above my computer and when we do better than we did this year i'll expect a six pack of beer of my choice. if we go 2 and 14 i'll buy you a case.

Your on,Man...

That's why the need a proven NFL head coach. Someone like that won't worry about getting fired. Some assistant or college coach might worry about that

But therein lies the rub. If he's proven why is he out of a job?

One reason for hesitation I could accept might be that if a candidate has other options he might choose one in which he has more control and does not to answer to people like Banner and Lombardi.

WSS

"Chudzinski grew up in Toledo, Ohio, where he pulled for the Browns. Chudzinski interviewed with the team on Wednesday, and was viewed by many to be a longshot for the job.

However, he wowed Haslam and CEO Joe Banner during his meeting, and the team decided to give him the job after interviewing at least eight other candidates."

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8833956&src=desktop

One of which was only to satisfy the Rooney Rule, so I really only count seven of them.

sorry i dont see where they settled. like i said they interviewed their guys and chud was hired within a couple days. if they waited a month and alot of headcoaches were hired before hand i would agree they settled.

regardless at this point and like its being reported is what its showing the league and the rest of the HC candidates is the instability of the browns organization at the top. now we have free agents that will need overpaid to stay because they dont trust the FO

^+1

^+1

Another coaching churn, just what the doctor ordered.

"We're in it for the long haul" I don't believe a damn thing you say anymore Banner- I always thought you looked like a weasel- and you just just proved it. JH- go shove that new jumbotron up your ass sideways- you've just outdone Jerry Jones.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is yet another train ready to run us over- this time I'm getting out of the way first.

Pro bowl Alternate says otherwise dipwad

See above.

This is ridiculous, you want instant results Jimmy? I suggest you show Lombardi and Banner the door while you're at it. Thanks for blowing the 2013 draft. Sure, we can win with a third string qb, and a street FA RB. You can bet Thomas and all the other long term players are tired of this shit- and finally, so am i.

Fuck yeah! I'd definitely show Lombardi the door! He is a fuckin' snake! Starting to really dislike Banner as well!

Haslam is about money. The only way to keep this shitty team relevant and in the news is through shit like this. Obviously they can't be relevant any other way because the team sucks.

Fuck the entire fo and haslam too. Just tired of this shit.

Haslam just gave Chud 10 mill to leave....hardly about money. I've read it was because LomBandi wanted Chud to shake up the locker room by cutting Little or Luavou and he wouldn't do it....well that and the total fucking collapse.

The fuckers didn't even put a name on the press release they put out last night ... just "we" ... Haslem? Banner? No one wants to take "credit" for it"?

Do an exhaustive search for a coach, pass on Chip Kelly because he wants too much money and then give Chud a four year contract and fire him after one year ... wasting 9 or 10 Million dollars while Kelly goes 10-6 and breaks Eagles offensive records..

Trade the starting running back (good move) while the team is 0-2 and replace him with a 30 something shell of a running back (bad move). The rookie coach wins with the backup QB you signed, who he promoted from the #3 spot, that guy gets hurt and he is forced to play the rest of the year with the now third string QB, who you also signed.

He got 4,000 yards out of the passing offense and allowed Josh Gordon to become a star despite playing the entire season with retread QBs no one has wanted or will want, and virtually no run game to support the offense.

You didn't give the guy a chance. sure, maybe the next coach does great and you'll all look like geniuses, but you are still dicks for hiring and firing this guy and wasting a year of everybody's life.

Zombo

The fuckers didn't even put a name on the press release they put out last night ... just "we" ... Haslem? Banner? No one wants to take "credit" for it"?

Do an exhaustive search for a coach, pass on Chip Kelly because he wants too much money and then give Chud a four year contract and fire him after one year ... wasting 9 or 10 Million dollars while Kelly goes 10-6 and breaks Eagles offensive records..

Trade the starting running back (good move) while the team is 0-2 and replace him with a 30 something shell of a running back (bad move). The rookie coach wins with the backup QB you signed, who he promoted from the #3 spot, that guy gets hurt and he is forced to play the rest of the year with the now third string QB, who you also signed.

He got 4,000 yards out of the passing offense and allowed Josh Gordon to become a star despite playing the entire season with retread QBs no one has wanted or will want, and virtually no run game to support the offense.

You didn't give the guy a chance. sure, maybe the next coach does great and you'll all look like geniuses, but you are still dicks for hiring and firing this guy and wasting a year of everybody's life.

Zombo

I agree!!!

ward had an ok year, but then again he was playing for a contract. He is no where near the top 3 Safeties though

So you are better than the experts who rank the players? There are a lot of you "experts" around. If Ward were on another team you would be dying to get him here guaranteed.

Zombo

The reason, or at least one reason, that Chip Kelly didn't come here was because he supposedly didn't want to be under joe banners thumb. So take that for what it's worth I was told that by somebody who should have a good understanding. At any rate No, Chud did not get a fair chance. On the other hand if one of the reasons is that he went to the wall for some players who let him down oh well. Maybe if Jackson and little are so flabbergasted they could have played a little better in the last 4 games and maybe there pal would still be here. Unfortunately the team collapsed in the 4th quarter of the games and of the season.

Zombo

I couldn't agree more. At the very least they should also fire themselves if they are saying their choice of coaches was bad enough to fire after one year. If I owned this team and agreed with the decision to fire Chud there is no question I would stick Banner on the same boat out of town.

Mik seriously it wont even be a fair comparison. We are going to add 7 pieces from the first four rounds of the draft, spend significant money in free agency and the new coach will have a totally different toy to play with. I think our record sucked. I agree that Chud had some issues with clock management at times. Having said that I believe playing the hand he was dealt we saw improvement aside from the record. Perhaps it was a fluke but when Hoyer was at the helm this team kicked ass. Put Weeden / Campbell at the helm of most teams and they would suck too. I am sure that will be debated but its a fact.

Mik seriously it wont even be a fair comparison. We are going to add 7 pieces from the first four rounds of the draft, spend significant money in free agency and the new coach will have a totally different toy to play with. I think our record sucked. I agree that Chud had some issues with clock management at times. Having said that I believe playing the hand he was dealt we saw improvement aside from the record. Perhaps it was a fluke but when Hoyer was at the helm this team kicked ass. Put Weeden / Campbell at the helm of most teams and they would suck too. I am sure that will be debated but its a fact.

You're right about Hoyer and that is part of the reason Chud was let go.

Chud gave the starting job to Weeden over Hoyer to begin the season at the behest of Mike Lombardi. Weeden lost two games, and Hoyer comes in and suddenly wins three games. That stroked Lombardi's ego and was the move that began digging Chud's grave.

Lombardi is on record calling Weeden a "panicked disaster" as well as claiming Hoyer to be a starting caliber QB, yet Chud still started Weeden over Hoyer.

This FO didn't really want Chud. They wanted Kelly, they missed out on him. They wanted Marrone and missed out on him while pursuing Kelly. They wanted McDaniels but McDaniels withdrew his name from consideration. They settled, and then the guy they settled on made personnel decisions that the FO didn't agree with and compiled one of the worst records over a 10 game span in Browns recent history.

It's not a mystery why he was fired.

Archived