THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Chud Fired

why cant we win

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All joking aside, I don't think there is a single Browns fan that can honestly say that they went to bed last night remotely thinking this could happen. While I think Chud needs a lot of work on his game day decisions, I like the man. He is a life long Browns fan and did the best he could with the roster he was given. I hope he lands on his feet, and have nothing but well wishes for him.

I had my rant a few days ago when I started the blow the whole damn thing up, so I guess we could say I was expecting or hoping for it.

I had my rant a few days ago when I started the blow the whole damn thing up, so I guess we could say I was expecting or hoping for it.

Hoping? OK. But honestly thinking that is was even the slightest of possibilities that the Browns would fire Chud after one season is totally different.

didn't like the chud hire. didn't like the banner and lombardi hires.

like that chud was a browns fan but what he put on the field was garbage. the FO did him no favors.

we are not going to be any good until we get seriously talented scouts/talent evaluators. they should go first and maybe rethink everything else.

if haslam wants them gone fine. it just shows me he will not be happy until we see a winning record, 4 weeks or sixteen weeks in.

too bad our coaching staff and our team leaders don't show enough emotion.

see phillip rivers after the game he played vs. KC? see rodgers? now those guys are leaders.

wonder what rivers has to say about turner now?

I think they settled on him, surrounded him with NFL experienced coordinators and were willing to see if it would work. It did not and now they will fix that.

Settled? They didn't wait very long. wasnt he the third coach hired?

1.andy fired and rehired quickly

2.bruce

3.chud

I'm not buying this settled BS.

Not when they hired him that fast.

Even though N.E. has a bye, I'm still pretty sure they would have to wait until N. E.'s offseason starts to talk to McD...... either way, I hope he stays away from CLE.

I think assistants can talk ONLY during a bye week in the playoffs

didn't like the chud hire. didn't like the banner and lombardi hires.

like that chud was a browns fan but what he put on the field was garbage. the FO did him no favors.

we are not going to be any good until we get seriously talented scouts/talent evaluators. they should go first and maybe rethink everything else.

if haslam wants them gone fine. it just shows me he will not be happy until we see a winning record, 4 weeks or sixteen weeks in.

too bad our coaching staff and our team leaders don't show enough emotion.

see phillip rivers after the game he played vs. KC? see rodgers? now those guys are leaders.

wonder what rivers has to say about turner now?

Well Rivers is also a better QB than any QB we have had since Kosar, so, lets be real, we will be doing the samething next year with a new coach if we dont fix the QB situation. And the only way to do that is to draft one and usually the only way to draft one is to draft high enough. So while it sucked losing all these games the upside is maybe, just maybe we can find the guy this go around.

Hoping? OK. But honestly thinking that is was even the slightest of possibilities that the Browns would fire Chud after one season is totally different.

Honestly, I saw absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him. I want immediate results and 4 wins does not cut it. Two 1st year coaches are in the playoffs, another 1st year coach had 10 wins but did not get in. Another had 8 wins. So I don't want to hear anybody support they need to stick with Chud. He does not have what it takes.

why would we be interested in Mcdaniels? Seriously, what does he bring?

Because he's buds with Lombardi, other then that I don;t see it either

Honestly, I saw absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep him. I want immediate results and 4 wins does not cut it. Two 1st year coaches are in the playoffs, another 1st year coach had 10 wins but did not get in. Another had 8 wins. So I don't want to hear anybody support they need to stick with Chud. He does not have what it takes.

You win the prophet award

Uncertainty over Chudzinski angers players
December, 29, 2013
DEC 29
8:05
PM ET
By Pat McManamon | ESPN.com
Cleveland Browns players reacted angrily to the mere notion that coach Rob Chudzinski could be fired following the team’s 4-12 season.

And when they spoke in the locker room after the season-ending loss to the Steelers, they weren’t even sure it would happen. As they spoke, there were only rumors about the possibility. By early evening, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen cited his sources in saying the decision was made and would be announced early this week.

The feelings of the players were evident, though.

“That’s ridiculous,” linebacker D'Qwell Jackson said.

“I’d be very surprised if they make a change,” tackle Joe Thomas said. “And disappointed.”

“I like coach Chud a lot,” said tight end Jordan Cameron. “He’s a great coach and he did a great job, and it’s his first year. I like the way he is. He’s a competitor and he’s a grinder.”

Cameron later added: “Guys deserve a chance to turn a program around and get things going, so (the possibility) is kind of shocking. I’m all for Chud and what he does, and support him 100 percent.”

Safety T.J. Ward, who could be a free agent, said the team believed in Chudzinski through the entire season.

“If we didn’t believe in him we wouldn’t have played for him,” Ward said. “You’d see a lot of rebelling and a lot of guys doing their own thing, and I don’t think that happened at all this year. It just didn’t happen the way we wanted it. When you have guys playing until the end of the season when there’s nothing to play for, you know you’ve got a good coach.”

Maybe not good enough, evidently.

Chudzinski showed little emotion about the possibility he could be replaced. Asked if he expected to be back, he said: "As far as I know."

He said he had no inkling that there was any front office dissatisfaction with his performance, and said over and over he would start this week making evaluations for next season.

“To start over again, it would be devastating, I think,” Thomas said.

“There’s reports saying that he won’t be back?” Jackson said. “Chud’s gonna be here for as long as he wants to. He’s a great head coach. That’s all I’ve got to say about that. I’m not answering any questions like that. That’s foolish, in my opinion. That’s not going to happen.”

Only one first yr head coach is in and he has a franchise QB, you get bad QB play you dont win a lot of games. You run these QBs out there next yr you will be bitching about the next HC.

Only one first yr head coach is in and he has a franchise QB, you get bad QB play you dont win a lot of games. You run these QBs out there next yr you will be bitching about the next HC.

SD and Philly are in both are 1st year coaches

SD and Philly are in both are 1st year coaches

I would not be bitching if we showed improvement, we regressed people we did not show any improvement whatsoever.

Philly is not in yet, they must win tonight

Oh yeah, duh and I'm watching it. My money is on Philly anyway so yeah it's two 1st year coaches in the playoffs.

I would hate to see Josh Gordon when he doesnt regress!!

you want to use one breakout player that was left over from the previous regime for your springboard for chuds success?

you want to use one breakout player that was left over from the previous regime for your springboard for chuds success?

Cameron had a career year, Haden a career yr, I think Dez Bryant was having a good yr until his heart issues, Skrine played much much better this yr, there were improvements on the team. Hoyer showed promise until his injury. You get bad QB play you probably lose its a fact. Yeah Chud could improve on stuff, I think he would tell you that but the trigger here is a little quick I think.

Cameron had a career year, Haden a career yr, I think Dez Bryant was having a good yr until his heart issues, Skrine played much much better this yr, there were improvements on the team. Hoyer showed promise until his injury. You get bad QB play you probably lose its a fact. Yeah Chud could improve on stuff, I think he would tell you that but the trigger here is a little quick I think.

We lost a few games with good qb play, 90+ QBR play

I trust Florio. He's close with Lombardi as well as Banner.

La Canfora and Florio, as sad as it may be, may actually be our pipeline to legitmate Browns news.

Archived