THE BROWNS BOARD

Tressel?

BrownsFan4Evr

WKNR is talking about the possibility. What do you think? Played a quote from a Columbus radio station where Tressel kinda hints at wanting to come to the NFL, and said "the next few weeks are gonna be interesting". Hmmmm?

They can talk about the Ghosts of Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi coaching this team.....that is what it is....talk radio talk.

I'm a Browns homer and a Buckeye homer

But I have NEVER wanted a coach just because he was a former Brown

Or a former Buckeye to play for the Browns just because he played at OSU

While I appreciate everything Tressel did for the Buckeyes I never felt he would ever make it in the NFL

But...The situation here has become such a mess that he might actually fit in what the 3 stooges are trying to do

They seem to want to control everything from picking the players to hiring all the coordinators

They just want a HC the uses timeouts wisely and sounds smart in the pressers...A job made for Tressel!

I love Tressel but good God no. He is rumored to be in line to be the next President of Akron University. Every talk I have had the pleasure of hearing Tressel talk, or turned a page in his book one thing stand out, he is a man totally committed to molding young men into good men. I can not imagine he has much interest in working with pro athletes.

The Browns have no need to sell more seats..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Getting them to stay in said seat past halftime...that is the real challenge

What they would like to do is sell a shit ton of merchandise...That's why the whole McDaniels,Manziel thing seemed to make sense

ESPN would have beat that story in the ground with a twenty pound sledge...throw in Tebow and you wouldn't have been able to

swing a dead cat without hitt'n some reporter slobering over that story!

What they would like to do is sell a shit ton of merchandise...That's why the whole McDaniels,Manziel thing seemed to make sense

ESPN would have beat that story in the ground with a twenty pound sledge...throw in Tebow and you wouldn't have been able to

swing a dead cat without hitt'n some reporter slobering over that story!

Good point, I imagine the team shop will be filled with Gordon and Cameron Jerseys next year. Can any fan really afford the risk of yet another QB jersey? I know I can't. ESPN would LOVE the Johnny Football McDaniels Tebow triangle of media attention...throw in Favre as the QB coach and Cleveland becomes the next great American media whorehouse. Think hard knocks comes around for that shitshow?

Interviewing and hiring Tressel may soon be the only move the FO has to try to save face. As more and more decline the job they look dumber and dumber for cutting Chud loose so quickly. Tressel is someone whos name would get a lot off fans of their assess. Pure PR hire it would be and one I would not like.

Interviewing and hiring Tressel may soon be the only move the FO has to try to save face. As more and more decline the job they look dumber and dumber for cutting Chud loose so quickly. Tressel is someone whos name would get a lot off fans of their assess. Pure PR hire it would be and one I would not like.

as bad as I think this FO is...............NO WAY they hire Tressel as a PR stunt

lets hope you are right, he would be close to my last choice

my last choice would be ANYONE who interviews and says NO

after going through a 5-8 hour job interview, and then the guy you are interviewing says NO.......................SEE YA

I really don't get this shit. The Browns Basically suck chip Kelly's dick for 8-10 hrs and are bummed out when he says no. Trussel did way more with as much if not less than Kelly had.

And then to turn around and basically shut the door to even interviewing him when he has said on record he would be interested in coaching the browns. Not to many canadites out there have expressed the interest that tressel has. As a browns fan that has seen the FO go 0 and 4 or 5 in their wishlist I am truly offended to not even give the guy an interview that has expressed interest.

Wtf is wrong with you idiots? Tressel is the #1 candidate, if he even is one, you fucking Retards. Tressel is what this fuckin shithole city needs, we need someone we know and have rallied behind to come pick up the fuckin flag. We spiraling down if you haven't noticed, to hell. The three stooges have made our team HC position the fucking worst in the League. I don't give a shit how conservative Tress is, he wins. Always. He would inject some juice into this franchise we haven't seen in 25 years. Fuckwads

The last thing the three stooges want is a fan favorite at coach. Reason being if someone has to be fired these guys would rather have it be the HC. They need a puppet and I'd bet my bottom dollar tressel would do it. But since the fans know it if things go south because of the FO instead of the coach they have no out. Hell the guy would leave a gravy jib to do it.

Oh and for all the haters if u wanted chip Kelly and don't want tressel u should be taken out back and shot right next to bitch Davis, pat shurmur, and chud whom obviously have much more hc skill than tressel too right??

The last thing the three stooges want is a fan favorite at coach. Reason being if someone has to be fired these guys would rather have it be the HC. They need a puppet and I'd bet my bottom dollar tressel would do it. But since the fans know it if things go south because of the FO instead of the coach they have no out. Hell the guy would leave a gravy jib to do it.

Oh and for all the haters if u wanted chip Kelly and don't want tressel u should be taken out back and shot right next to bitch Davis, pat shurmur, and chud whom obviously have much more hc skill than tressel too right??

Agree. Tressel is a born and bred NE Ohio guy, BW, YSU, OSU. I've never respected Tressel more than I do today, he's one of the best things, person, that have happened to OSU and YSU and the number of lives he's influenced is hard to grasp. Ask any fucking former player if Tress can win in the NFL, GURAN FUCKIN TEE they all say for sure.

This is an outright fuckin abomination the man hasn't even got an interview!! He's expressed fuckin interest! What the fuck are you waiting for Lombardi, Banner? WTF? Gonna bring in some no name DB off the street, sloppy 10ths after getting dogged out by your top 10, again?

This is bullshit. Banner is a bitch

Jay gruden is a head coach now. Mike Zimmer is about to be. Both these guys know how to coach and know what it takes to win in the North. The fact these guys were not at the top of their shortest list is a fucking mystery. Those guys are suitable for more successful franchises but not for the Browns. There is somethin Seriosly a moss in berea. I've seen train wrecks before. But I've never seen another train wreck right on top of the first wreck before. AMAZING

Maybe they are cloning Paul Brown? Yes, maybe that is what they are doing... it would explain what is taking sooo long.

I don't believe he is in question for the job, but what he did with Youngstown State and how he changed it into a powerhouse during his time there is what Cleveland needs. He also resurrected the Buckeyes to a national title and other chances at titles. He gets Ohio football and would be excellent at coaching/preparing for opponents especially in Cleveland weather.

I'm still foolishly holding out hope for Whisenhunt, but after he decides to coach the lions then fuck it, hire tressel or stoops or count fuckin chocula for all I care.

Ya Count Chocula! Lol

I heard Boo Berry is one hell of a DC to and they are close friends, so...

Archived