THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign deal w restricted FA Bengals WR Hawkins

Zombo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Runs a 4.34.

Injured last year, Brownd gotta be figuring he can build on 2012 numbers.

Quick as shit. Can be as good as, or better than we were hoping to get out of Bess when we first signed him.

Z

Runs a 4.34.

Injured last year, Brownd gotta be figuring he can build on 2012 numbers.

Quick as shit. Can be as good as, or better than we were hoping to get out of Bess when we first signed him.

Z

Can he catch though? That seems to be the problem with us, our guys have the look of an Aquan Boldin but the hands of a 300 pound guard.

I wouldn't either. Kind of a... I don't know. I don't know how to feel about it. I guess it's a hole filled.

Considering he is a Benjamin clone, it's a curious move, especially considering Travis is cheap. But there's also no guarantee that TB successfully comes back from injury, so maybe he's A HIGH PRICED insurance policy.

Considering he is a Benjamin clone, it's a curious move, especially considering Travis is cheap. But there's also no guarantee that TB successfully comes back from injury, so maybe he's A HIGH PRICED insurance policy.

Benjamin's upside is considerable as well. I can't imagine they'd be fighting against themselves like that.

Now... I'm not the uh... My god, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy out there. I'm a dummy compared to most of you. But it seems to me more like they've resigned themselves to being unable to draft Watkins (dammit) and see Hawkins as the potential #2. I don't see a salary being thrown out there like that just for insurance purposes. Or perhaps as a #2 who could get bumped to insurance if required or outclassed.

Benjamin's upside is considerable as well. I can't imagine they'd be fighting against themselves like that.

Now... I'm not the uh... My god, I'm not the most knowledgeable guy out there. I'm a dummy compared to most of you. But it seems to me more like they've resigned themselves to being unable to draft Watkins (dammit) and see Hawkins as the potential #2. I don't see a salary being thrown out there like that just for insurance purposes. Or perhaps as a #2 who could get bumped to insurance if required or outclassed.

No way is he the #2 guy. He is probably the slot guy. That means the #2 guy will come in the draft. Let's be realistic, Watkins is not a #2 guy, he's a #1 guy and he'd be overkill in my opinion, especially in a draft that has a very talented wide receiver pool. The browns will pick the #2 guy with one of their first four or five picks.

Archived