THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign deal w restricted FA Bengals WR Hawkins

Zombo

Considering he is a Benjamin clone, it's a curious move, especially considering Travis is cheap. But there's also no guarantee that TB successfully comes back from injury, so maybe he's A HIGH PRICED insurance policy.

Don't over think it. This does nothing for Watkins.

Benji isn't a slot giy....all speed. They are not the same guy by any means.

Correct.

He is a slot receiver. 5'8 slot receiver.

Valuable role player.

Benjamin is a home run threat. Much taller. Punt returner. This guy is a slot.

Watkins would start opposite Gordon.

I thought everyone knew we needed a slot receiver?

Z

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct.

Valuable role player.

Z

The thing I love about these smurf types, they get lost behind the line and blockers. Plus, he's like trying to catch a greased pig. I think he has not only a little bit more speed then Travis, but better fluid elusiveness. If Shanahan could come with plays specifically designed for him, I think he becomes a weapon. AND IF you put Benjamin and Hawkins on the field at the same time, either on offense or special teams, that's a ton of speed and could create some electricity.

I think it creates some interesting possibilities. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

First game is this Sunday, right?

Correct.

Valuable role player.

Z

i thought so too, since bess lost his mother fucking mind.

gordon is a #1. watkins is a #1. who says you can't have duel threats on both sides of the fields? imagine the nightmares of the D coords on saturday night if we had those guys on the field together?

detroit will pick evans who is another #1 across from megatron who is a #1. there is no need to bicker about the order of who is more talented by using a number when they are both equal in talent.

i thought so too, since bess lost his mother fucking mind.

gordon is a #1. watkins is a #1. who says you can't have duel threats on both sides of the fields? imagine the nightmares of the D coords on saturday night if we had those guys on the field together?

detroit will pick evans who is another #1 across from megatron who is a #1. there is no need to bicker about the order of who is more talented by using a number when they are both equal in talent.

As long as it isn't Braylon Little, Mohammed Edwards, Greg Bess, or any of those other stone handed bastards, then I'm good. I don't care if he's a 1, 2, 3, 5, or a 10, as long as he can fucking catch the ball, and get in the end zone.

I also think they have bigger plans for Deion Lewis. He was our return man until he got hurt. So Hawkins will be a return/slot guy. Not a bad pick up. Farmer must know something we do not.

I think its a decent move on their part as it seems they want the ball in playmakers hands instead of the qbs hands. IMO he looks as if he helps the qb out even on the bad throws. But im surprised that no one else is mentioning the fact that he knows how to play in this division already and it hurts Cinci as well. Better move than Bess IMO.

I think its a decent move on their part as it seems they want the ball in playmakers hands instead of the qbs hands. IMO he looks as if he helps the qb out even on the bad throws. But im surprised that no one else is mentioning the fact that he knows how to play in this division already and it hurts Cinci as well. Better move than Bess IMO.

This. +1

It'll be interesting to watch him and Benjamin in the same offense... That's a lot of speed...

I think it's also safe to assume that this means Edelman won't be signing here. Browns aren't going to tie up a ton of money in slot receivers.

I'd also be curious about a Sanders signing, when the draft is deep at WR. Be smart, and spend elsewhere... We need guards, and probably a center.

Yep, I actually like this. Wasn't so high on him coming here, felt it was a bit overpriced. Now they're ponying up, cuts their cap space. It still leaves us with a possession receiver hole though.

Yep, I actually like this. Wasn't so high on him coming here, felt it was a bit overpriced. Now they're ponying up, cuts their cap space. It still leaves us with a possession receiver hole though.

we might be picking a couple guys in the draft one as a #2 and one as a slot receiver.

also edelman is still a FA. but why pay when you can build through the draft?

we might be picking a couple guys in the draft one as a #2 and one as a slot receiver.

also edelman is still a FA. but why pay when you can build through the draft?

Because that is what we have been doing for 19 years. I'm sick of people acting like it's their money, who gives a fuck we have 50 million to spend.

Because that is what we have been doing for 19 years. I'm sick of people acting like it's their money, who gives a fuck we have 50 million to spend.

glad you're not running the show.

you would really sign a slot receiver? this is one of the deepest draft at WR. you can get a slot guy in the draft in the 4th or 5th round who is younger faster and stronger than any of these 'proven' guys.

i think we'll draft a lot of offense in the draft, from an OL to a couple of WRs to a couple of RBs, and yes maybe even a QB. we addressed a couple of major holes yesterday in FA on the D side.

Considering he is a Benjamin clone, it's a curious move, especially considering Travis is cheap. But there's also no guarantee that TB successfully comes back from injury, so maybe he's A HIGH PRICED insurance policy.

The Return of The Smurfs?

Is it official that the Bengals have matched?

nothing

The Return of The Smurfs?

Is it official that the Bengals have matched?

Nothing official yet, just reports are coming out they will match...it does not really benefit the Bengals to sign him until the last minute so I wouldn't expect them to make it official until next week when they have to.

I like Hawkins, I think he is a much different player than Benjerman and we would go after a #2 WR in the draft. I can't see the Browns signing a slot receiver until next week because they will be waiting on the Bengals to match. The timing might indicate we will not be pursuing sanders or edleman. If the Bengals end up matching perhaps we get a similar type of player in the draft like dre archer (mid to late rounds).

well at least we made them spend more money.

Exactly- that was a mighty pricy contract for a slot receiver.

Hehe- yeah, let's spend it all with no thought to "next year" Um Haden is gonna need to be paid like the top 5 CB he is. Gordon is gonna cost a ton if he keeps his production up. So you want to blow all the cap space and let those guys walk, like the Cowboys had to do with Demarcus Ware?

You blow all your cap space when you're all in on winning it all this year. That would be the Broncos. I'm wondering where in the hell they're getting all this loot to sign guys. Manning and Clady were already big bucks- then add Ward, Talib, and now Ware? They'll have to win the SB this season- because they'll have to blow up the team in 2015, just like the Ravens did post SB win. .

I tell you something, Gordon's contract had *better* have a clause about substance abuse suspensions - zero pay for any games he's suspended for - if it isn't already automatically included in contracts.

Yes, yes he did.

@ 0:39

Skrine had him had AJ Green not come up and thrown that block

dude. do you guys have any idea what Hoyer can do with a guy like this?

you've got to be kidding me.

the screens are going to be disgusting.

broken

play

safety

valve

home

runs

dude. do you guys have any idea what Hoyer can do with a guy like this?

you've got to be kidding me.

the screens are going to be disgusting.

broken

play

safety

valve

home

runs

sounds like watkins to me.

Archived