THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign deal w restricted FA Bengals WR Hawkins

Zombo

Don't know how I feel about this signing. We'll see how it turns out. But it seems to me to be a lot of money for a slot receiver and kind of a weasel way to go about it.

I hope there's something special about him that I'm missing. Or that the plan with him in it makes sense when the dust settles after the draft.

A Harvin type. One of a D's nightmares.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how I feel about this signing. We'll see how it turns out. But it seems to me to be a lot of money for a slot receiver and kind of a weasel way to go about it.

I hope there's something special about him that I'm missing. Or that the plan with him in it makes sense when the dust settles after the draft.

Why would you say that it is a "weasel way of going about it". I don't get that comment. Explain please.

the more time passes the more i love this move.

Hawkins is S.L.I.P.P.E.R.Y and can hold onto the ball after taking big shots. outstanding toughness for five eight a buck seventy five.

four years

hell mother fuckan jheah.

Why would you say that it is a "weasel way of going about it". I don't get that comment. Explain please.

I get it- front load the contract so the other team can't (or won't) match. Hawkins isn't worth what the Browns are paying him this year. Some #1 WRs are going to be making less I'd bet. That's what Mack's crack smoking agent is trying to do in a different way. Back load the contract with a ridiculous payout so that the Browns would have no choice but to release Mack. New England is not paying Revis $20 million in 2015.

Archived