THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign deal w restricted FA Bengals WR Hawkins

Zombo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, cooks as a slot receiver would be a good pick but not where they have him slated. too high in my opinion.

no way he is a #2 receiver.

With Cooks, I wouldn't have a problem with him as our 2nd rounder, and then move him all over the field - slot, occasionally on the outside, even in the backfield. With his hands and speed? Oh yeah.

You new, John? I like your style.

New to the board? Kind of. Signed up years ago, but I move a lot for work. Don't always have time to be on here.

But I've been a Browns fan since the 70s.

Nice Kevin Smith Dogma Buddy Christ.

"Jesus wasn't sent here to give us the Willies." - Cardinal Glick

nice to meet you John. i can relate to the moving and the time mgt.

glad to see this FO so active.

bess who?

what a melt down of the highest order.

played at such a low level he now replaces all mentionings of Andre Rison's time in Cleveland.

as a sidenote anyone else get suckered into watching that "d besssss" rap vid w the light saber homey on the suburban kids whip?

happy little accident. -Rip BR

I got a job and moved December 1. I'm sitting in a meeting right now wanting to pound my head against desk, contemplating quitting and coming back to Ohio.

Once the snow stops, of course.

So, they let you post on the Browns Board during these meetings?

If it is that stressful....go to the beach after work.

I've heard that it is still 50/50 whether the Bengals grab him, but it would honestly be stupid on their part. He is a #4 WR on their team and the contract is severly front loaded (something that is good for us since we have so much cap room now, but not for a team like the Bengals). He also has value as a good punt/kick returner, someone that we will need in case Benjamin goes down again.

Bess was also touted as sure-handed. Something with FA that come to Cleveland not living up to their prior output with their previous teams. Seems a lock he'll bust.

Waaa waaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah ... it would be smart of them to use up every minute of the ten day period ... if we let Edelman go, they could sign Hawkins ... if we sign Edelman, they could stick us with Hawkins too!

I'm going to bed thinking Tate is the new RB and Hawkins will be the slot wr ... we'll see what tomorrow brings ...

Z

Bess was also touted as sure-handed. Something with FA that come to Cleveland not living up to their prior output with their previous teams. Seems a lock he'll bust.

10 bux says or 2 stadium beers says metcalf 2.0 hasn't peaked yet.

if Hoyer gets hot and remains healthy this could be a very fun season to watch.

although above average is winning 5 games...i'm deciding now i'm no longer settling for less than 7 in 2014

Yeah ... it would be smart of them to use up every minute of the ten day period ... if we let Edelman go, they could sign Hawkins ... if we sign Edelman, they could stick us with Hawkins too!

I'm going to bed thinking Tate is the new RB and Hawkins will be the slot wr ... we'll see what tomorrow brings ...

Z

Don't mind the player, but that's a ton of guaranteed money for a middling slot receiver.

I just get a feeling that the Bungles are fucking with us, which is a smart play, but still.

I agree. Stop talking to Edleman, he signes elsewhere, then the Bengals match Edleman at the 12th hour.

"Baby hawk"- as he's called down here - looks like a brown. Maybe too high of a price for a 4th option at receiver for the bungals.

We need a new slot... I like the signing, if we get him. Upside for sure, and speedy.

Add teddy ginn jr and a top rookie and were set.

Bermeck ("Cleveland, rise up")

Already posted probably

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/6244/bengals-andrew-hawkins-browns-saga-lesson-learned

You can feel the pressure on Daulton already, there trying to down play it- saying the new OC scheme is to run a lot more

This division can be taken...solid draft, give the team to hoyer and go kick some nuts

Bermeck

I hope we get him and draft Watkins too.

Gordon-Watkins-Hawkins-Benjamin

Tate at rb and Cameron at TE

Perennial All-Pro Left tackle

Why would you NOT want to be the QB of the Cleveland Browns?

Zombo

Archived