THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Gilbert

Flyin J

This is a guy we've only briefly discussed here, but Im thinking he has a really good chance of being our first pick (but not at 4). I for one would be ecstatic with the pick, especially if we could land another second to go along with him.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a guy we've only briefly discussed here, but Im thinking he has a really good chance of being our first pick (but not at 4). I for one would be ecstatic with the pick, especially if we could land another second to go along with him.

Good call!

Good job buckeye, scared shitless that was gonna be JF. We just played MIN

Solid i like fuller better but it wasnt manziel so I'm happy

LOL... I too prematurely celebrated that narrow escape...

Not much better in 2014, HB... but Sammy was the WR in this draft and will be there for a long time.

fuckin Mik has been clamoring for a CB for the past 2 years now I figured you'd be on here celebrating by now

i was in the tavern with the rest of the droogs.

thanks for the mention. love the draft so far. farmer made me a believer.

we just upgraded our defense to a top 5 with the back end help of haden's fave CB coming out this year.

these guys will do us proud.

and as for JF..........roll on. roll on. who am i to step on the hands of a true believer unless thine becomes a true believer themselves.

http://youtu.be/opPZDx4KmuA

I'm so excited about this pick. All the talk about QBs and LBs and WRs at the top, I never thought that we'd have a chance to get this kid. He's a fast CB with some sick skills.

Haden/Gilbert/Skrine = No Fly Zone. Oh yeah, don't forget Witner is the Anti-Aircraft Missile Defense System.

Cool vid on the Browns site with a very stoic Farmer about the moves and then the Gilbert pick.

Last question was whether he thought about pairing Gilbert with Haden... and during his answer Farmer tries unsuccessfully to contain a smile... Check it out...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Ray-Farmer-Weve-Improved-Our-Defense/1a4e59f4-6d66-449b-9a32-e4bbaa402a3a

Theres still some really good ones available

Agree 100%...

Cool vid on the Browns site with a very stoic Farmer about the moves and then the Gilbert pick.

Last question was whether he thought about pairing Gilbert with Haden... and during his answer Farmer tries unsuccessfully to contain a smile... Check it out...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Ray-Farmer-Weve-Improved-Our-Defense/1a4e59f4-6d66-449b-9a32-e4bbaa402a3a

Agree 100%...

thanks for that link tour. prob wouldn't have seen it without your post.

farmer is the shit. plain and simple. what gets me about that vid is how many times he says "plays like a brown" "hits like a brown" "covers like a brown" and goes on to say haden, gilbert and whiten...wouldn't want to go there (as in opposing offenses). we are now BADASS in the D backfield.

on a sour note..what's up with farmer's tie? i watched the vid and was mesmerized by both the tie and the brown's helmet pin.

reminds me of a bad acid trip i had back in the 70s.

I was listening to this in the car on the AM radio...drove me nuts! I heard about the trade from #4, and then heard after the fact about the bump from #9 to #8 and picking Gilbert. Talk radio was bitching about the Browns failing again by trading away and not taking Watkins. I was immediately happy about Haden having a good CB opposite him, improving the D!

Still a top ten pick this year and the Bills #1 next year!!! Amazing job Farmer. I'll leave my thoughts for #22 pick for elsewhere. That one was more of a shocker to me.

Archived