THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully understand any scepticism. On the Aggie boards we used to call it BAS (Battered Aggie Syndrome). Two years of electricity was the jolt we needed! He took a redshirt year to get the feel of what was required playing a pro style offense under Mike Sherman. So he's had that exposure. Hopefully your coaches will find a way to blend what he brings to the table, an escape artist who can throw strikes at any angle, running any direction. Build a unit around him and he will not disappoint. Ced O already understands how to extend the blocking as Johnny extends plays, so I hope you guys get him with one of your 2 first rounders next year.

I'm glad to be now be one of those Brown's fans who also got to watch the greatest running back ever, Jim Brown. One advantage of living a nice long life. :)

Ag,

I'm one of those guys who cheered for Jimmy Brown too. The selection of Johnny has me more than ANY pick since I was 10 years old in 1956. That pick was Jimmy Brown. There are a lot of skeptics out there & I may be wrong about Johnny, but I don't think I am. This kid's skills, intangibles, & determination to keep improving are off the charts.

BTW, welcome!

Mike

Remember years ago when Quinn was drafted and the reporter asked him "If you could have as good of a career as Bernie Kosar, but no better, would you do it?". Remember that? Well he said the right thing "I want to have my own career and I hope it is better than Kosar's".

I know I hope Johnny has a better career than Bernie did with the Browns, even though he was awesome. What is the opinion of the board? Do we think he'll be better or worse than Kosar?

Appreciate the welcome Mike. It's gonna be fun to watch this kid. He wants to be the best and has the brains to go along with the fire. He can't stand losing at anything. If you saw the Duke game you know he would not let any team member give up in that game down 21 at the half. He told them if they could not come back out and play without looking at the scoreboard, then they could just sit there in the locker room while he and the rest of the team took back the game. You can't make this stuff up. That's just the way he is.

I would jump deep into the shit of all you DATs (DumbAssTexans), if it weren't for the fact that my daughter is now one of you.

But she has decided to become a Cowboy fan, apparently. I think it was the Cheerleaders.

FYI, people like her look at the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders totally differently than you and I do. They actually look at them for the "Cheerleading" aspect of that squad. (she is a cheerleader at TU...Trinity, not Texas). Imagine that. Where we see tits and ass, they see rah rah rah.

LOL! All you have to know about this game is the looks on the faces of the Stoops brothers as he continued to run, dodge, jump, throw and fly past them on the sidelines with a lot of OU's superfast players in his wake. At one point they were both jumping up and down in total frustration as Johnny passed right by them on the sideline for a 30-40 yard run.

And his tightrope TD along the other sideline with a last second high hurdle over a 3 foot high invisible goal line was pure JFF. Just a hill country deer hopping the fence for a little more corn.

For the long term Browns fans. I think you will find that most of us are just excited for you. We have had a run of bad coaches and teams for many years until JFF showed up on the scene and gave us hope. We just like to come over here, read as much as we can and then share a little of that hope with you all. You will not believe how many of us in Texas are now Browns fans just because we know what we had and damn sure wanted him just one more year. We (I) am glad he went to a team that has shared similar kinds of struggles and unanswered hopes for so many year. We know exactly where you are! And we understand the trepidation of trying "just one more time" with a new staff to get it right.

I learn a lot about you by reading a lot of threads that I feel no need to respond to. Just educating myself. Thanks for being tolerant. Bill in Texas

I would jump deep into the shit of all you DATs (DumbAssTexans), if it weren't for the fact that my daughter is now one of you.

But she has decided to become a Cowboy fan, apparently. I think it was the Cheerleaders.

FYI, people like her look at the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders totally differently than you and I do. They actually look at them for the "Cheerleading" aspect of that squad. (she is a cheerleader at TU...Trinity, not Texas). Imagine that. Where we see tits and ass, they see rah rah rah.

Well, I think the lesbians see tits and ass.

Gipper-Yes I am now a Browns fan. I just can't leave an addiction like Johnny Football go after only two years. LOL!

PS-as this plays out I sincerely hope you all become addicted. I've seen only 4 players like this in the QB position, Staubach, Tarkenton, Flutie and JFF.

For what it's worth both Flutie and Stabach think he has the skills to make the transition and become the Browns' franchise QB. Don't know what Tarkenton says.

But Stabach said this after day one of the draft:

“I’m a Manziel fan. I see some of the coaches that have said it too, he’s got great instincts, and he’s got great accuracy,” Staubach said. “And he moves around. You have to move around. But he can still throw from the pocket. I don’t see any issues on the field that are a problem. I think he can get it done.

“Cleveland has a heck of a draft coming up. They had a couple of great first round picks. Hopefully, Johnny is going to have some people around him. I’m a big Cleveland fan. They have some great history there, and they want to get it back with Johnny there. He can't do it by himself though. He needs some help.”

Well, I think the lesbians see tits and ass.

She is not one that swings that way. I know she has a crush on....what else, one of the football players. Though I don't think anything is made of it. They haven't even had a date that I know of.

She did also like a Texas A&M guy...a relation of an in-law or the like. Nothing happened there either.

Your not a browns fan your just a Johnney homer. Don't confuse the two. If Johnny won the Super Bowl with the Browns you wouldn't be cheering because they won but because he won. And if he left, got cut or was traded you would never watch browns football again unless it was to watch him play against them.

4) What are the top 5 Browns Twitter handles to follow?

@viccarucci (Official Cleveland Browns reporter, very pro-Browns biased reporting)

@FredGreethamOBR (Writer for Fox, usually sticks to the facts)

@NateUlrichABJ (Akron Beacon Journal writer - very pro-Browns, but re-tweets a lot of Browns stuff)

@MaryKayCabot (I can't stand her, but she is quick with the news)

@TonyGrossi (Very opinionated, but decent to follow on Twitter... he does "5 Browns questions" almost daily which is fun to read)

If you follow those 5, you'll get all the Browns news you need... times 5...

Not sure if I missed any...

Saying he should prepare himself to be a backup QB.

What good does this help the team? Try being positive, say hes going to compete and bring excitement to the team.

Just stuff it imho.

Btw JF rookie jersey is #1 in sales .

Houston native and Texas Aggie here, and excited about my new favorite team. Manziel jersey and draft hat purchased and ready to go. I am familiar with Kyle Shanahan as a Texans season ticket holder, and (obviously) with JFF as an A&M season ticket holder, but other than that I'm a total noob. I have spent 4 days total in downtown Cleveland and had a great time -- I have told many folks that I think you have an underrated city. I hope to male the journey to watch the Browns beat the everliving s*** out of the Texans in November as well (shouldn't be too hard). Looking forward to rooting for a team making strides to actually win football games!

A few questions:

1) What websites/news outlets do I need to follow?

2) How do you feel about the new coach/GM?

3) What are the biggest obstacles facing this team in 2014 (besides the Gordon suspension)?

4) What are the top 5 Browns Twitter handles to follow?

5) What's gonna happen with the WR crew?

6) Other miscellaneous information I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

1) XVIDEO.COM

2) I usually start about the breasts, chest, neck, and head.

3) They're the Browns. That's usually obstacle #1.

4) I don't follow Twitter. It makes me want to punch babies.

5) Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

6) I can play the guitar like a mother fuckin' riot.

People feel sorry for Manziel, because of shit-for-brains Gordon.

Well... maybe.

But of all the quarterbacks we picked, I'm glad it was Manziel.

In other words, can you name a better QB to pick who can make something out of nothing?

Not Bortles. Not Bridgewater. Not Mettenbooger. Not Garappolo.

Manziel is the best QB the Browns could have drafted, top to bottom.

You're talking to a pessimist, right now, and I... am... STOKED. B)

OK-Just for a little fun with Manziel Magic go directly to the 2:22 mark and be sure to watch the second view from behind the play. Mo.'s Ealy had an unblocked free shot at him. Then go to the 3:22 mark and repeat. No one knows how he does it.

Brown fans are gonna have to get ready for us Aggie fans/students/alums. We are coming along for the ride. People like MLD Woody have no idea on what your about to witness and get in a QB. You are very very lucky and you dont even know it yet. Im going to bookmark this thread so I can witness some crow eating by MLD and it will be very soon.

For the Die Hard Browns Fans-apologies for giving hope. We understand the pain it brings when you get it back only to have it dashed again and again and again.

MY hope is that this staff uses him as wisely as Seattle has used Russell Wilson. Teach him how to be a real pro QB, but don't squash that improvisational "It" factor that makes him unique.

Tom Landry did it with this guy some years ago for those of you who have never seen him play. He had that same scrambling "It" factor and Landry tamed it down to fit the pros witout losing "It",

That style can translate to the pros if done properly.

Just get behind Johnny Football, folks. He's our guy and he loves the game. It's worth a shot ... even if it fails. People can think we should have done differently. That's cool. But this kid can potentially ignite the team and the fan base. I'd love to feel that energy again. Don't hate the fact that his old fans love him so much that they followed him here. Consider what that means. That's how likable the kid is when he's your guy. There will be more Browns fans now. Embrace it.

After all the QB play I've been forced to watch, I am freaking ecstatic about this. And c'mon, folks. We've had success with outside-the-box quarterbacks in the past. This is something to be enjoyed.

Green Bay just drafted three receivers and they already had a really good top three. I wonder what it would cost to get Jordy Nelson or maybe Jarret Boykin? No way they trade Cobb.

Is there a realistic move out there for a decent lead receiver? Denaruis Moore maybe?

We need something.

Archived