THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

Comfort food for some who can't believe the Browns could be so stupid to misuse yet another #22 overall in the draft: LOL

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/5/14/5717140/dan-on-fire-browns-must-cut-johnny-manziel-immediately

Man what was that idiotic garbage? It's the same spew those blowhards loudmouthed idiots on ESPN are rabbling with their not so subtle shots at Cleveland.

The Browns have a plan to groom Manziel accordingly and not throw him to the wolves in the first three games, if he wins the job fair and square so be it and get it done.

But don't let the media get you pumped up with their ridiculous campaign that Manziel is entitled to anything, if he earns it he'll get it.

They're doing it smart I trust Farmer & Pettine.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll trust my friend's opinion based on first hand experience. Besides, he's gonna get a signed football for my grandson with that Superbowl ring as a pass into the inner sanctum. Gotta be loyal to your oldest friends. :D

Grandson? Damn, I assumed the 1969 in your screen name was your year of birth...but that makes you one young grandfather. Entirely possible, but I was born in 1974 and can't begin to fathom being a grandfather. (So says the guy with a soon-to-be 19-year old son in college.)

Grandson? Damn, I assumed the 1969 in your screen name was your year of birth...but that makes you one young grandfather. Entirely possible, but I was born in 1974 and can't begin to fathom being a grandfather. (So says the guy with a soon-to-be 19-year old son in college.)

I'm guessing 1969 is his class year at A&M.

Hi Y'all. I have completely switched my heart and passion to the Cleveland Browns organization. I grew up an Oilers fan, and had season tickets to the Texans for two years. My main passion though is Aggie Football, and have been a fan for 30 years. I have been a loyal fan, and now I have a new NFL team. I am very optomistic and looking forward to getting to know my new team. I am familiar with Kyle Shanahan, Gordon, Cameron, Tate, and the O-line. Just wanted to say hello, and let you know I am behind the Browns all the way.

Your not a browns fan your just a Johnney homer. Don't confuse the two. If Johnny won the Super Bowl with the Browns you wouldn't be cheering because they won but because he won. And if he left, got cut or was traded you would never watch browns football again unless it was to watch him play against them.

This times a million.

I'm a lifelong Browns fan that goes back to the Mike Phipps/Greg Pruitt years. I'm a native of Akron, but have lived in Houston for 31 years. So I've experienced first hand Aggie love for Manziel. I groaned when the Browns drafted him. Nothing against him personally, but I dread the Aggie jock-sniffers that come with him.

But you're right, they will be "Browns fans" only as long as Manziel is here.

Go Browns.

1.I go on here. Official Browns instagram. Nfl dot Com. The Browns app.

2. I think they are headed in the right direction. Our defense is going to be crazy. I'm glad they went and got a bunch of defensive players.

3.biggest obstacle besides Gordon honestly is still QB. With an unproven Hoyer and in a rookie Manziel there is still a possibility that both of them are trash.

4. I really don't use twitter. But their instagram gets updated on the spot. Whoever runs their instagram is on it 24/7.

5. Well if Gordon gets suspended I think we have Hawkins and Benjamin in the slots. Hope that Burleson is ready for week one. And now Miles Austin. Not the most exciting WR corps. Little should be gone unless he somehow learns how to catch.

6. This board is split Down The middle on almost everything. You'll see soon enough

Here goes...

Growing up in rural SC, there were basically two games on each Sunday - an AFC game and an NFC game (mid-80s when I really started watching). The NFC game was ALWAYS the Redskins. There are still several generations in the South that are diehard 'skins (Falcons were horrible and always blacked-out). The AFC game at that time tended to be the Browns. Loved the unis and even though I hated Kevin Mack (since he's a Clemson guy) I gravitated to the Browns.

Fast-forward to 2008 and as I'm leaving active-duty in the USMC, I got my first job in a round about way through Randy Lerner through some networking opportunities he had set up for transitioning Marines. Football ownership aside - I feel a sense of gratitude.

Also, I've got buddies that have done the flyovers at Brown's games and always say the fans are better to them in Cleveland than anywhere. Not surprised - served with lots of great guys from the area.

Fast-forward to 2012, I move to TX and open a business - the local Browns Backers chapter meets next door.

Things have just always lined-up that way and now my favorite college player (Shaw) is on the team, so I finally decided to get on the board and see what folks were saying.

Brown fans are gonna have to get ready for us Aggie fans/students/alums. We are coming along for the ride. People like MLD Woody have no idea on what your about to witness and get in a QB. You are very very lucky and you dont even know it yet. Im going to bookmark this thread so I can witness some crow eating by MLD and it will be very soon.

Woody hates jff but he is in love with Michigan's crappy qb, denard. Go figure.

This times a million.

I'm a lifelong Browns fan that goes back to the Mike Phipps/Greg Pruitt years. I'm a native of Akron, but have lived in Houston for 31 years. So I've experienced first hand Aggie love for Manziel. I groaned when the Browns drafted him. Nothing against him personally, but I dread the Aggie jock-sniffers that come with him.

But you're right, they will be "Browns fans" only as long as Manziel is here.

Go Browns.

I know I'm right. We went through about two waves of people just like this. One for Colt McCoy and one (strangly enough) for Brandon Weeden.

I'm a Johnny Football homer, but with being tired of the Jerrah Cowboys and the Houston Titans being dead to me for passing on JFF, really looking forward to Johnny's pro career with the Browns. I'll be a fan of the Browns while he's there.

I hate the f'n Steelers if that helps yall's feeling any.

Don't forget Derek Andersons one fan, Lumbergh (aka Zombo ;))

I guess there will always be the tinfoil hat people that think I quit my day job and posted 2,079 times as Lumbergh just for fuck's sake.

He's a real dude. Still a member. IP is in Portland Oregon. Don't know what else we can tell you.

Capturelumbergh_zps3ca26493.jpg

Aloha from Maui! Long time Browns fan here (like 50yrs) from Columbus. Well I've lived here for almost 20yrs now but I'm still a die hard Browns fan! There are a few of us out here! At least here the game is over by 10am and I forget all about it by like 11:00 so I'm ok but I'm looking forward to a pretty good year I'm thinking 9-7. I say win now, starting with Pittsburg right out of the gate! I like the direction the team is going!!

Alright aloha and Gooooo Browns!!

For the long term Browns fans. I think you will find that most of us are just excited for you. We have had a run of bad coaches and teams for many years until JFF showed up on the scene and gave us hope. We just like to come over here, read as much as we can and then share a little of that hope with you all. You will not believe how many of us in Texas are now Browns fans just because we know what we had and damn sure wanted him just one more year. We (I) am glad he went to a team that has shared similar kinds of struggles and unanswered hopes for so many year. We know exactly where you are! And we understand the trepidation of trying "just one more time" with a new staff to get it right.

I learn a lot about you by reading a lot of threads that I feel no need to respond to. Just educating myself. Thanks for being tolerant. Bill in Texas

The general rule is act respectable, get treated respectable. Act like a jerk, get treated like one. Start cussing, you'll get cussed right back at.

Brown fans are gonna have to get ready for us Aggie fans/students/alums. We are coming along for the ride. People like MLD Woody have no idea on what your about to witness and get in a QB. You are very very lucky and you dont even know it yet. Im going to bookmark this thread so I can witness some crow eating by MLD and it will be very soon.

Um, yes we do know what we're getting. The ESPN Circus tents setting up in Berea for one thing. But I digress... We've seen enough of JF to have some opinions, and they're as divided as the guys who do it for a living.

If you want the Browns to be successful, you better get ready for fan growth. When the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, everybody was a Cowboys fan. The days of the lowly Browns are over. Stop the Manziel hate because he is now YOUR player. You HAVE to root for him. At least let him prove himself on the field first.

Well do we know that. We've long ragged on our main rivals the Steelers for exactly that- everybody loves a winner- and plenty of bandwagon fans come along for the ride.

Lets face reality here 'new Browns fans'. You came here because of Johnny Football, and only because of him. If he leaves, you will leave. So you're really not Browns fans. I'm all for JFF making it great, but can't stand the groupies.

I rarely agree with you, DieHard, but...yeah.

Hi Y'all. I have completely switched my heart and passion to the Cleveland Browns organization. I grew up an Oilers fan, and had season tickets to the Texans for two years. My main passion though is Aggie Football, and have been a fan for 30 years. I have been a loyal fan, and now I have a new NFL team. I am very optomistic and looking forward to getting to know my new team. I am familiar with Kyle Shanahan, Gordon, Cameron, Tate, and the O-line. Just wanted to say hello, and let you know I am behind the Browns all the way.

I'm a lifelong Browns fan that goes back to the Mike Phipps/Greg Pruitt years. I'm a native of Akron, but have lived in Houston for 31 years.

Welcome to both the native and the fellow, Luv Ya Blue era Houston transplant...

I was trolling you, I know man! But seriously, if you're him, just PM me, I wanna pay you to troll for me -- because he was epic

So you are troll capable. Who'd have guessed?

If you want the Browns to be successful, you better get ready for fan growth. When the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls, everybody was a Cowboys fan. The days of the lowly Browns are over. Stop the Manziel hate because he is now YOUR player. You HAVE to root for him. At least let him prove himself on the field first.

The Browns have the world's largest organized fan base....bigger than the Cowboys. Fact is, Texas is diminutive compared to Ohio when it comes to football tradition.....so we know how to handle it.

New to the site, been a browns fan since before Modell took them to Baltimore.

And here is something you newbies need to learn:

Modell NEVER took the Browns to Baltimore. The Browns never left Cleveland....ever.

What Modell took to Baltimore were some old jock straps, a few front office lackeys, and a player contracts that were assigned to the newly created NFL expansion franchise that the league placed there, and a few other assets that were transferred.

If you really think otherwise you need to stop now and shut the fuck up and learn something....before you come out sounding like an ignorant Steeler fan.

Just a friendly word of warning.

That was my second guess.

What was your first clue? You Browns fans are smarter than I gave you credit for. Maybe the fact that I'm a long time friend of a guy who defended against Takenton was another. LOL :lol:

I am a new fan living in Northern AL. Long ago I lived in Houston but have been without an NFL team since Bud Adams took the Oilers. Cleveland was fortunate that they were able to retain the Browns name, unlike Houston with the Oilers. Never could quite get into the Texans thing! Since AL has no NFL teams, most people here are Titans fans -- NOT happening, although since Adams died last fall, I had considered giving them a look. The Browns look like a good new team for my allegiance. Lots of exciting new players and a forward thinking FO. GO BROWNS!

And here is something you newbies need to learn:

Modell NEVER took the Browns to Baltimore. The Browns never left Cleveland....ever.

What Modell took to Baltimore were some old jock straps, a few front office lackeys, and a player contracts that were assigned to the newly created NFL expansion franchise that the league placed there, and a few other assets that were transferred.

If you really think otherwise you need to stop now and shut the fuck up and learn something....before you come out sounding like an ignorant Steeler fan.

Just a friendly word of warning.

I think your over thinking it

Archived