THE BROWNS BOARD

OFFICIAL 2014 UDFA Thread

Harry Buffalo

We have a shitload of RB's now going to camp. what is the normal # of RB's typical at camp?

I'm expecting us to start cutting lose RB on the roster in the next few days. We can agree to contracts with UDFA right now even without the room on the roster (or so I believe) as long as we end up making the room for them before they actually put pen to paper.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with everyone on the list....... other than Jones I have no idea who they are. Any good insight from any of you who WATCHED them play? I can read their profiles online and strengths and weaknesses.. What are your guys thoughts?

with everyone on the list....... other than Jones I have no idea who they are. Any good insight from any of you who WATCHED them play? I can read their profiles online and strengths and weaknesses.. What are your guys thoughts?

Sneed is as avertised. Watched one game last year when I went to visit my sisters at Ball State and again when the played the buckeyes two years back.

Damn... quite a list... at least quantity-wise.

Did we add this many this fast last year? or ever?

Damn... quite a list.

Farmer is the shit. If the Gordon news hadn't sobered us we'd be talking about what a credible job this guy did first time out of the chute.

We have our shit together ... and a common plan and direction for once.

Zombo

This looks to be a helpful link :

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2014/05/2014-cleveland-browns-undrafted-free-agents/

So far:

2014 Cleveland Browns Undrafted Free Agents May 10th, 2014

This is where you can find all of the Cleveland Browns’ undrafted free agent signings. Please take note that the signings are all rumored and have not been confirmed by the Browns yet.

Willie Snead IV, Wide Receiver, Ball State

Anthony Dima, Offensive Lineman, University of Massachusetts

Ray Agnew, Fullback, Southern Illinois University

Kenny Shaw, Wide Receiver, Florida State

Chandler Jones, Wide Receiver, San Jose State

Connor Shaw, Quarterback, South Carolina

Carlo Calabrese, Inside Linebacker, Notre Dame

Calvin Barnett, Defensive Tackle, Oklahoma State

Isaiah Crowell, Running Back, Alabama State

Blake Jackson, Tight End, Oklahoma State

Jacques Washington, Safety, Iowa State

Alex Bazzie, Linebacker, Marshall

Christo Lisika, Outside Linebacker, South Nazarene

Robert Nelson, Cornerback, Arizona State

Nickoe Whitley, Safety, Mississippi State

Jason Hendricks, Safety, Pittsburgh

Greg Blair, Inside Linebacker, Cincinnati

Corey Robinson, Quarterback, Troy

Gerald Ford, Wide Receiver, Valdosta State

Jacobbi McDaniel, Defensive Tackle, Florida State

Taylor Gabriel, Wide Receiver, Abilene Christian

Antonio Gillespie, Defensive Tackle, Troy

Michael Philipp, Offensive Lineman, Oregon State

Jonathan Krause, Wide Receiver, Vanderbilt

K’Waun Williams, Defensive Back, Pittsburgh

Zane Fakes, Tight End, Ball State

I really like the Connor Shaw signing. Those of you in the Tavern this morning know I'm diggin' this signing. B)

Greg Blair, ILB out of Cincinnati is a pretty solid player. Great in the run game but may struggle in pass coverage in the NFL. Watched him for 3 years at UC and he is definitely worth the sign. I hope he makes the team!

Southern Illinois FB Ray Agnew; Cincinnati LB Greg Blair; Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell; Oklahoma State TE Blake Jackson; San Jose State WR Chandler Jones; Troy QB Corey Robinson; South Carolina QB Connor Shaw; Florida State WR Kenny Shaw; Ball State WR Willie Snead; Vanderbilt WR Jonathan Krause

Damn... quite a list... at least quantity-wise.

we added 21 one year need lots of bodies for camp, should send notice to the bottom 20 to put up or get out

As of right now, we only have 9 open spots for our training camp roster of 90. After the draft, we had 81 players on our roster, and brought in 26 (unofficially) UDFAs. I know those guys are all allowed to go to rookie camp on an invitee basis, but after that we need to get down to 90. Currently, we have 107... Making cuts before camp even opens up... interesting to see which of these guys make it.

I like... Shaw QB, Crowell RB, Jones WR, Snead WR, and Hendricks S. Not sure about many of the others

Virtually nothing on Agnew (FB) except a couple S. Ill game Highlight reels... he's in about 3 plays. Drill times say not very fast, but pretty agile.

A lot of notes on Dima, but no footage I could find...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=105759&draftyear=2014&genpos=OT

Draft Scout Anthony Dima News

05/07/14 - 2014 NFL Draft: 126 FBS programs, 126 possible UDFAs: MASSACHUSETTS: OT Anthony Dima (6-6, 290, 5.23)...A three-year starter at left tackle, Dima looks the part with the strength to hold up in the run game, just needs to tweak a few hiccups in pass protection. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

12/16/13 - 2013 ALL-MAC THIRD TEAM: Offensive Lineman - Anthony Dima, UMass...A native of Centereach, N.Y., Dima finished his making 31 starts in 34 career games for the Minutemen including 11 starts in 2013. The mainstay at left tackle this year helped UMass dramatically improve its pass protection allowing just 16 sacks compared to 32 sacks in 2012. The Minutemen were tied for fifth in the league for fewest sacks allowed in 2013.

Dima also helped the offense's run game improve in year two at the Football Bowl Subdivision. UMass rushed for over 1,500 yards on the ground averaging 125.2 yards per game in 2013 compared to 1,075 yards rushing and an 89.6 yard per game average in 2012. - UMass football

07/17/13 - 2013 OUTLAND TROPHY WATCH LIST: Anthony Dima, Massachusetts, OT...Dima is one of three players from the Mid-American Conference to be named to the Outland Trophy Watch List. Toledo center Zac Kerin and Kent State defensive tackle Roosevelt Nix were also members of the watch list. The 6-foot-7, 302 pound native of Centereach, N.Y., was named earlier to Phil Steele's Preseason All Mid-American Conference Team this summer.

The versatile lineman enters 2013 as a two-year starter after transferring to UMass from Hofstra following his true freshman year where he redshirted with the Pride. He will be charged this year with leading a mostly young offensive line which lost three starters from last year in Stephan Milhim, Quinton Sales, and Nick Speller. All told, Dima has played in 23 career games making 20 starts. He missed the first two games of 2012 due to a preseason injury, but returned to play in every remaining game of the season but one.

Dima has been a pivotal part of the Minutemen's run game with Jonathan Hernandez rushing for over 1,000 yards in 2011. Last season, Dima helped open holes for Michael Cox who was drafted by the New York Giants following his one year with UMass. Prior to college, Dima played football and was a member of the track & field team at Centereach High School where he was named to All-Suffolk County and all-league teams as a senior. - UMass football

Wonder if a few of them will go the practice squad.

Did Snead do Manziel's money thing with his fingers in that video? Wonder if he makes the team he will have to pay Manziel if he does it again. Trademarked?

Archived