THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little Released

acmikeac

I actually saw a viedo on ESPN where they were talking about the Bennett and Austin signings and they said that Bennett has been exclusively a slot receiver his whole NFL career. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out with him and Hawkins both being primarily slot guys.

I saw that too. He'll either be a solid WR4, or the coaches will see if he can get it done outside in Shanahans system and compete with Burleson and Benjamin for that WR2 spot (assuming Austin is our #1)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow. a thread where it's just the circle of us 'regulars' here.

now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

ps. if HIS name is not in the thread title THEY won't come. shhh!

I could always change it to "Little Released! One Less Guy To Drop Manziel's Divine Passes From On High" :)

I could always change it to "Little Released! One Less Guy To Drop Manziel's Divine Passes From On High" :)

I'm going to assume that most of the newer members are thinking "who?" with a new thread about Little.

now we have to find a secret hide out. maybe the he-man woman haters club handshake as well.

who you talkin bout mik!!!!!

I'm going to assume that most of the newer members are thinking "who?" with a new thread about Little.

It's one "negative thing" about the Manziel signing to me. We are going to get prime time games and lots of coverage, but at the cost of a lot of fair-weather fans. But I'm excited.

Just got the news. It's amazing how much one simple subtraction to the receiving corps can make such a huge difference in improving its quality. Some will claim that Little had potential and MAYBE? I certainly wasn't looking forward to being the team that wasted any more downs trying to bring it out of him. Good luck elsewhere , Greg. I hope to see you as a common target droppin balls against the Browns sometime this season.

A guy who could make a catch with 3 people on him, but could not catch a 5yrd pass wide open. Best of luckk to him. Crazy Phil Taylor is the last of the Julio Jones trade. The Steelers will sign him.

I will take this group of WR's over any other we have had since 99' including the pending Gordon suspension

. I am really liking the way the roster is shaping up and if the last 3 months has been any indication of the next I am sure there will be more to come from the Browns..what a crazy freaking off season.

Good riddance, but what a shame we wasted yet another high pick on a player. Hopefully Ray & Co. will stop this trend.

Good riddance is right. Weeden is third string in Dallas behind Kyle Orton, and Dallas has no room for Little. Miles Austin, his first two season in the NFL, had big time dropsies. He worked on his craft and now has very sure hands. Miles' best play is a 10 yard curl where he catches the ball and the initial defender misses the tackle. He has taken many of these to the house because of his speed. He's 6'2" with 5'9" hammys. :)

Making moves, making moves.

I'm glad they released him. He was such a frustrating player he has the physical skills to be talented in the league. It's a shame he has the hands of a queer holding soap in jail. That and he was extremely cocky for not being any good.

I won't be surprised if we do pull off a trade for a Crabtree or the like though. We have no idea what's going to happen to Gordon (though it's a given they have more of an idea than we do.) it's hard to bet on Gordon being here this year and for Austin to stay healthy. That leaves us Bennett and Hawkins.

Regardless, glad we cut him.

I love the direction this ship is starting to head in. We're not totally on course yet, but I can clearly see what our FO & coach want this team to be.

I love the direction this ship is starting to head in. We're not totally on course yet, but I can clearly see what our FO & coach want this team to be.

If we get consistent QB play this year I hope the improvement in the run game outweighs the loss of Gordon and his home run threat presence.

With consistent QB play and a seemingly vastly improved running game the offense should be better in 15 even without Gordon.

If we get consistent QB play this year I hope the improvement in the run game outweighs the loss of Gordon and his home run threat presence.

With consistent QB play and a seemingly vastly improved running game the offense should be better in 15 even without Gordon.

Agreed. QB play by whomever is under center, running the damn football and playing tough, physical D are the keys, and it looks like we should expect two out of those three, with the QB part being an unknown.

Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

IF the NFL changes the policy on marijuana, I could possibly see the FO sticking it out with Gordo. But that being said, if they choose to trade him, having the Mary Jane limits lowered would help raise his trade stock a bit.

Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation. I thought that without the Gordon suspension and with a highly drafted WR, that Little would be gone. I am concerned in some ways but in other ways, glad he was released. I think it sends a message to the team. Play like a Brown or expect the door to hit you on the way out.

And I don't think we've heard the last of the Browns' being disgruntled with Gordon. I expect to hear rumours of a trade by 2015 like we had early last year.

LOL, seems I've gotten real unpopular with a certain segment of this board lately. There's a difference between being a fan and a fanboy.

Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

Archived