THE BROWNS BOARD

Greg Little Released

acmikeac

Yep just keep it to other Browns talk and don't mention he-who-must-not-be-named.

Haslam said Gordon wasn't going anywhere a couple days back: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350052/article/haslam-gordon-to-be-with-browns-for-a-long-time

I don't know how gutsy, it's been overdue now. Although it'd be nice to say here's another reason they know more about Gordon's pending suspension than we do.

You would have to think it's looking less promising after they sign two veteran WR in less than 24 hours. Even with dropping Little, they have added 4 veteran WR this offseason. I know it was absolutely warranted to overhaul the receiving corps, but it seems like they are signing guys with the thought that Gordon will be gone all season at this point.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would have to think it's looking less promising after they sign two veteran WR in less than 24 hours. Even with dropping Little, they have added 4 veteran WR this offseason. I know it was absolutely warranted to overhaul the receiving corps, but it seems like they are signing guys with the thought that Gordon will be gone all season at this point.

covering their asses at this point.

it would REALLY suck if the browns of 2014 make a major jump and play at a high caliber and could make it to the playoffs but the fact that we don't have any WRs due to injuries popping up with some of these vet signings and miss the playoffs because we didn't have enough players to field at that position.

You had to see this one coming after the Browns signed 4 WR this offseason, not including any UDFA.

So what does that leave the current WR depth chart looking like?

Josh Gordon (pending suspension)

Miles Austin

Nate Burleson

Andrew Hawkins

Earl Bennett

Travis Benjamin

I can honestly say that I'm 100x happier with that potential WR corps than last year's.

Didn't we stash away a WR we picked off of Green Bays practice squad last year but he had a bum knee?

CUT HIS SORRY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I called that one right? Thank god, he killed us on third down drops.

Dropped his pink slip on the way out.

Perfection...

Gutsy move. I'm not sure I would have had the guts to pull the trigger given our WR situation.

It feels like a HC who had to game plan against Little, and never sweated it, got with a GM that was signing better WR talent and decided, "He played hard for the team for 3 years. Let's do the guy a favor and release him now."

It does maximize his chances of catching on with another team. I wish him well...

Finally all the ifs, could have beens, convert him to a rbfbsafteycorner comment and threads can die along with his career. He sucked the whole time he was here. What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

What really made me dislike him is that as bad as he sucked on the 1 of a 100 plays where he caught a ball he celebrated like he was the greates ever. Good Riddance!!

Yeah... thank God all that self-aggrandizing, individual celebration BS is behind us... :)

Yeah... thank God all that self-aggrandizing, individual celebration BS is behind us... :)

lol!

I posted this elsewhere & will post it here...

I think these guys have set a bar & performance beneath that bar will NOT be acceptable. A WR who neither runs good patterns nor consistently catches the ball would definitely be beneath that bar. As was the case with cutting Campbell & Weeden, they are sure they can better the position elsewhere. I applaud doing business far differently than it was done previously (when we weren't worth a shit!). The only way we could reverse the Browns' fortunes was by implementing sweeping & dramatic change & by God, they're doing it.

These guys are thinking out of the box & there's not a Team in the NFL that needed that more than our Browns.

Mike

Well this is an 'interesting' take:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2014/5/18/5729892/what-could-greg-little-bring-to-the-panthers

The plug was pulled three years and a cadre of terrible quarterbacks later, though that shouldn't be confused with a lack of ability. Little's fundemental flaw wasn't in his ability, but rather misuse. Instead of filling the role of a flanker receiver or short option he was immediately expected to be an NFL deep threat. This isn't where he wins. At UNC he thrived at catching the ball in small spaces and working after the catch, using his powerful frame to fight for extra yards against smaller defensive backs.

Well, that'll put a nail in Matt Schaub's coffin.

But Matt throws a very catchable ball... just ask any of a number of DBs.

It'll sure give ol' Matt a change of pace. Now he can throw 1/2 his pick 6s directly to the opposition & bounce the other 1/2 off Little's hands!

Mike

Yeah, Little was quoted as saying he has marked his calendar for the date they

play the Browns.

Big deal, Little. You showed you weren't about winning when you were here.

Talk is cheap.

Yeah, Little was quoted as saying he has marked his calendar for the date they

play the Browns.

Big deal, Little. You showed you weren't about winning when you were here.

Talk is cheap.

ym8Racz-590x900.jpg

Joe will shut that ass down. Also, does Little not know who he has throwing him the football. Our D may score 18 pts that game.

Wait, are you saying Little is the Raiders' top receiver? Hahahahahaha! Poor Raiders...

Ayo chill on the Little jokes. I had high hopes for him this year. He's very athletic and plays with a lot of passion. Yeah, he has questionable hands but can snag the hard ones. He just need a consistent QB, some guys(like Gordon) can catch anything, but Gordon did drop a few(even a game winner in Dallas?), but some guys have to get used to where the ball is going to be and how hard and with what kind of spin and velocity on it. Trajectory and placement are also key.... so many QBs.

The Raiders got themselves a playmaker if they can make him consistent and work on his route tree. Derek Carr will give Little a great opportunity to be successful.

Good luck Little although I hope you get the flu before you play us.

Even if we left Little completely open, there's no way he'd catch the fuckin' ball anyway. Perfect fit for Shaub and the Raiders.

Shaub doesn't throw to his receivers, just the other team's dbs or lbs. :lol:

Archived