THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL To Reduce Pot Discipline

MLD Woody

And smoking weed in your free time while off the job would not affect your ability to do any of those.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html

Eh, I don't know. I'd rather by pilot or surgeon not be a stoner. There is some evidence that it affects motivation. I don't smoke it so I don't know but I've no idea how someone when faced with losing millions doesn't decide to stop.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does their pay work if they are suspended for a year

No Play No Pay

So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

WSS

Good question!

I don't believe the nfl considering changing it's rules as soon as Gordon tests positive to be a coincidence. The nfl wants to see this guy play. I don't think he's going to get the full year ban.

Was thinking the same. They might give him 4 games....but they're potentially losing a league star.

So are the weed advocates cool with breaking other laws as long as he's not doing it on the football field? I mean if they don't affect the game?

WSS

Like what....specifically?

Can you illicit an example that's a similar comparison, or you gonna jump straight to ray rice and ray lewis?

You ever get a speeding ticket or jaywalk? Fucking criminal!!!

Like what....specifically?

Can you illicit an example that's a similar comparison, or you gonna jump straight to ray rice and ray lewis?

You ever get a speeding ticket or jaywalk? Fucking criminal!!!

You sound a little irate...

(I thought weed mellowed you out)

Did Ray Lewis get a suspension? Nope.

Burglary, illegal possession of a firearm, grand theft auto, domestic violence, assault, statutory rape, DUI?

Oh wait a minute, what if he made politicalLy incorrect statements.. Can that get you kicked out of the league?

PS I've never been convicted of jaywalking.

WSS

Just get some doctor to say it eliminates the NFL's liability for TBI's (Traumatic Brain Injuries) and the NFL will legalize it in a minute.

I can make my point. ITS ILLEGAL. No, you dont get fired for Jay walking. Some jobs you DO get fired for a DUI. MOST jobs you DO get fired for failing drug tests. It doesnt matter if you FEEL like it shouldnt be illegal. IT IS. Here is SC we have Personal Property Tax. Its complete BS! Everything you own you have to pay taxes on JUST for owning them (my bike for example.) I COMPLETELY disagree with "Spread the wealth others didnt earn" non sense, but its the law. I gotta pay.

Is Gordon a dumbass? Yes, undoubtedly so. Should anyone get into trouble for smoking a bowl? No. Just because it is illegal does not make it wrong. If that were always true, then shooting Native Americans from a covered wagon in South Dakota would be considered right and good, because that is still legal there. I don't think most Americans would be happy if we went around South Dakota in a wagon, shooting indigenous peoples. However, nobody has bothered to change the law. Some laws are seriously outdated.

I, for one, am tired of having to hide the fact that I love pot. Shit, I'm hitting the vapor pen full of hash oil right now. Would I be ripping from it if I were about to be tested? Probably not. Do I feel bad for those that choose yes and get in trouble for it? Yes. Although, if I got arrested for it, I would be in deep shit career-wise, but I take that chance. My body likes hash oil and beer much more than the opiates doctors have been trying to force feed me. Oh, and it would be perfectly legal for me to be in the depths of a dilauded binge going around in public not giving a fuck. Trust me when I say nobody wants to see that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/marijuana-motivation-longtime-use-pot_n_3534031.html

Eh, I don't know. I'd rather by pilot or surgeon not be a stoner. There is some evidence that it affects motivation. I don't smoke it so I don't know but I've no idea how someone when faced with losing millions doesn't decide to stop.

This study could also mean that those that genetically produce less dopamine are more prone to smoke weed, and not that weed causes dopamine levels to fall. This just shows a correlation, not necessarily a causation.

waiting for the first annual browns puffin tailgate blowout!

hey man, where'd the cheetos go?

Mik you missed out on the old stadium with the (in)famous o-zone? Yeah- there was some smoking going on, and it wasn't tobacco.

Tell that to your present employer who gives drug tests. Alcohol is legal, but if you come in buzzed still from the night before you could be fired.

Smoking is legal obviously. But if you smoke Cleveland Clinic and numerous other companies won't hire you. It will continue with pot whether it is legal or not. It is frowned upon by many.

So what's your point? Besides dodging the question? Missed the point completely....on with your straw man....

What question did I dodge, angry boy?

And what, in particular is the strawman I used? (or did you just hear that phrase somewhere and wanted to use it here?)

Look, I realize you're upset about this but remember that I don't think weed should be against the law.

It is now so it seems logical normal intelligent people should take that into consideration.

BTW none of the illegal activities I mentioned effect someone's performance on the football field or probably most jobs.

WSS

I've worked at jobs that do regular drug testing...and have fired people for failing it with just pot in their systems.

My wife works at a nursing home where you are not allowed to even smoke...and they do testing for it by nicotine levels.

Fair or not, it's legal and we follow the rules or get fired. We can bitch about it all we want but bottom line is you're unemployed if you don't follow the rules.

With each passing day this country is trying to get pot legal and would seem cigarettes (tobacco) illegal. Maybe the answer is to get all tobacco smokers switching to pot? The goverments (from local all the way up to federal) are going to need a replacement sin tax if they ever do succeed in completely stamping out general tobacco products.

This country, or our government for that matter, doesn't want people to quit smoking. You wouldn't believe the amount of money the government gets from just cigarette taxes. It's pretty fucking sickening.

This country, or our government for that matter, doesn't want people to quit smoking. You wouldn't believe the amount of money the government gets from just cigarette taxes. It's pretty fucking sickening.

It's not sickening at all. If people want to suck poison into their bodies then go ahead and tax them. We should call it the "dipshit tax"

or how about a coffee tax for the caffeine then? What about an environmental tax on plastic bottles for bottled water then? We could go on and on. The point is it is bullshit to tax the fuck out of smokers, they fund the roads, the schools, the bridges and much, much more. And yet it's a law that you have to smoke outside a fucking bar. If people were so concerned about their health maybe they shouldn't be at a fucking bar then.

The point is it is bullshit to tax the fuck out of smokers, they fund the roads, the schools, the bridges and much, much more.

Is someone a smoker? ;)

On a serious note, would be in favour of taxing drivers to pay for roads, taxing basically everyone to pay for hospitals (although with private health insurance that essentially works like that anyway), having school costs coming directly from the parents, etc.?

or how about a coffee tax for the caffeine then? What about an environmental tax on plastic bottles for bottled water then? We could go on and on. The point is it is bullshit to tax the fuck out of smokers, they fund the roads, the schools, the bridges and much, much more. And yet it's a law that you have to smoke outside a fucking bar. If people were so concerned about their health maybe they shouldn't be at a fucking bar then.

Drugs are bad m'kay.

Is someone a smoker? ;)

On a serious note, would be in favour of taxing drivers to pay for roads, taxing basically everyone to pay for hospitals (although with private health insurance that essentially works like that anyway), having school costs coming directly from the parents, etc.?

That's a subject for the politics board but as I see it any of us who've had a public education are fair game to be taxed. I would imagine it might be fair to get a tax rebate if you or your children attended private school but...

WSS

Archived