THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL To Reduce Pot Discipline

MLD Woody

This country, or our government for that matter, doesn't want people to quit smoking. You wouldn't believe the amount of money the government gets from just cigarette taxes. It's pretty fucking sickening.

Yet I keep reading claims that the smoking population is dwindling, as less and less of the young generations choose to smoke. Perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt, but why lie about that? I think the gov't is fine with people quitting smoking, because they will find something else to help carry the tax burden. I've heard Obama admin has been trying to put more tax on soda pop. Some would consider that a sin tax too I bet. High sugar content and unhealthy, etc...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note, would be in favour of taxing drivers to pay for roads, taxing basically everyone to pay for hospitals (although with private health insurance that essentially works like that anyway), having school costs coming directly from the parents, etc.?

Actually...

While current rate is woefully inadequate, U.S. roads are paid for with gas taxes.

Public hospitals are funded by property and sales taxes (in Texas... ysmv).

Ditto above for public schools (in Texas... ysmv); if private school is a choice, it's additional and on the family.

Archived