THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Hillary's Age Matter?

MLD Woody

I'd say it's a legitimate concern, if you think that the concussion is going to impair her cognitive facilities, or that she's going to be unable to fulfil her term(s). On the other hand, if there's no rep candidate worth voting for then she'll win.

Well worth or not worth rarely plays a part in American politics.

You should probably be getting a sense of that by now.

;)

WSS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well worth or not worth rarely plays a part in American politics.

You should probably be getting a sense of that by now.

;)

WSS

OK, assuming that the country's split 45% rep, 45% dem, 10% swingers (hehe), you need to find someone the 10% will vote for. If you put up another mormon, it probably won't happen :P

Actually, the reality is, Mccain is a flipflopping weasel who would have

lost in a landslide if he hadn't have picked a stronger, conservative

VP.

They knew that, so, the rest is history. Moderate Libs liked Mccain, hated

Palin,

I'd rather Palin had been president instead of the dirtbag, loser marxist that is

screwing up our country.

McCain got flack for it. Hillary should face the same scrutiny. Not that I ever plan on voting for her but I am sure she won't make McCain's mistake of taking on a fuck up as a running mate.

Well, Obama took on a fuck up as a running mate and won.

OK, assuming that the country's split 45% rep, 45% dem, 10% swingers (hehe), you need to find someone the 10% will vote for. If you put up another mormon, it probably won't happen :P

You think Americans like black people better than Mormons?

Well maybe Benjamin Harrison...

Anyway if anyone voted for the bad candidate because the good candidate had a running mate they didn't like...

(I think you can tell where I am going with this)

WSS

You think Americans like black people better than Mormons?

Well maybe Benjamin Harrison...

Anyway if anyone voted for the bad candidate because the good candidate had a running mate they didn't like...

(I think you can tell where I am going with this)

WSS

I think the country saw a well educated man in Obama who seemed intelligent and economically savvy enough to guide them out of the depression, and decided that he was a much better choice than McCain - another military type that would probably prolong the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan rather than focus on domestic issues which needed addressing.

Then came Mitt 'binders full of women' Romney - at a time where any half way decent republican candidate would probably have won, this guy came along with his 47% crap and all the rest and just fucked everything up.

So put someone up who's not going to try to quote scripture as part of their reasoning for why something should be legal/illegal, someone who knows how not to fuck up the withdrawals from the wars, that doesn't come across as another George W. type, gun-toting, bible-bashing redneck, and the reps will probably win.

bible bashing redneck?

Bible belt guy (or other deep south place) claiming that [insert hot-button topic here] is wrong because the bible says so. Rick Santorum? I don't know enough about the potential candidates, but I'm sure you know the kind I mean.

Of course Barack Obama did actually quote scripture was actually against gay marriage and the legalization of weed and was against the public mandate for healthcare and did prolong the war farther than McCain or Bush would have, probably even longer in the no win situation in Afghanistan and presided over the slowest semi recovery and highest period f unemployment in the history of the country.

Are we back to my point of the stupidity of voters yet?

Or are you just at monitoring me to support a candidate who tells the best lies?

WSS

Of course Barack Obama did actually quote scripture was actually against gay marriage and the legalization of weed and was against the public mandate for healthcare and did prolong the war farther than McCain or Bush would have, probably even longer in the no win situation in Afghanistan and presided over the slowest semi recovery and highest period f unemployment in the history of the country.

Are we back to my point of the stupidity of voters yet?

Or are you just at monitoring me to support a candidate who tells the best lies?

WSS

Pretty much, yeah. Every politician tells lies, if you want to see it that way. They all make promises about x, y, and z, and never fulfil all of them. You put up a guy that looks like a caricature of what the GOP stands for, you'll lose - "ban the gays, ban the abortions, more guns for the under fives" etc :P

In the long term, as well, as bans on same-sex marriage become outlawed by federal rulings, and 'unconstitutional' over the next 15-20 years, the party seen as wanting to put those bans back in place just won't win the swing votes unless the dem candidate is an utter fucktard.

I'm not so much concerned with your opinion or my opinion on any of those issues. I'm just saying that was the platform on which the current fucktard in the White House ran.

And with a media ready willing and able to suck the Democrat dick any middle of the road Republican will be painted as a fire breathing conservative. Even the middle of the road Mitt Romney.

WSS

Obama only won because of free shit and because he was black, duh. Mitt only lost because of the dirty liberal mainstream media, duh again.

A real patriot that loves Jesus, loves guns, and loves freedom (except the gay's) will easily win and restore our country to the 1950s!

No Chris, I agree with you.

Yes, I'm autistic. Boom....

I'm too stupid to keep up with you... damn.

I can't hang with the guy with the theater arts degree that sings and plays guitar.

I'm just going to back out now then and avoid any further embarrassment.

So Woody, does this mean you won't be refuting this:

Of course Barack Obama did actually quote scripture was actually against gay marriage and the legalization of weed and was against the public mandate for healthcare and did prolong the war farther than McCain or Bush would have, probably even longer in the no win situation in Afghanistan and presided over the slowest semi recovery and highest period f unemployment in the history of the country

I think Obama won because his opposition was not good. No one was going to win with Palin as VP, and Mitt came off as aloof and kind of dumb

Obama did promise things that didn't happen, but that's EVERY President. Remember the first George Bush saying 'NO NEW TAXES" ?

I think Obama won because his opposition was not good. No one was going to win with Palin as VP, and Mitt came off as aloof and kind of dumb

Obama did promise things that didn't happen, but that's EVERY President. Remember the first George Bush saying 'NO NEW TAXES" ?

I believe Mitt Romney was much more educated than Barack Obama actually earning two degrees from an Ivy League school. (without affirmative action) I may be wrong (it may be just one degree) but you question his intelligence? That's stupid right there. And yes George Bush compromised with the Democrats and was pilloried for it.

Which just proves voters do not really want to compromise.

WSS

Your age and health only matter if you currently hold the poor fortune of identifying as a Republican. See Cheney, Dick; McCain, John

Age and health matter for both sides, being the President is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, if Hillary ends up running it will be brought up numerous times in both the primaries and in the election process. When McCain was running one of the main things that turned me away was who he had chosen as a running mate an obnoxious nobody from nowhere that had only held the office of Governor for a couple months. Like McCain, her running mate will get judged a lot more than if she was in her 40's(like obama in 08) or even mid 60's(like Romney in 12).

Personally I hope she doesn't run I can't stand her.

I believe Mitt Romney was much more educated than Barack Obama actually earning two degrees from an Ivy League school. (without affirmative action) I may be wrong (it may be just one degree) but you question his intelligence? That's stupid right there. And yes George Bush compromised with the Democrats and was pilloried for it.

WSS

I didn't question his intelligence. I said he came off as kind of dumb. He may have 2 degree's and he very well might be really smart. He just didn't sound smart when he spoke.

I didn't question his intelligence. I said he came off as kind of dumb. He may have 2 degree's and he very well might be really smart. He just didn't sound smart when he spoke.

I'm assuming you didn't hear Obama speaking when he was off book... That means without his teleprompter. If you ever get the opportunity listen and count the number of times he says Uhh..

WSS

Age and health matter for both sides, being the President is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, if Hillary ends up running it will be brought up numerous times in both the primaries and in the election process. When McCain was running one of the main things that turned me away was who he had chosen as a running mate an obnoxious nobody from nowhere that had only held the office of Governor for a couple months. Like McCain, her running mate will get judged a lot more than if she was in her 40's(like obama in 08) or even mid 60's(like Romney in 12).

Personally I hope she doesn't run I can't stand her.

I prefer her to Obama. But one more time I don't believe anyone voted for Obama instead of McCain because they didn't like Sarah Palin.

(they might not have voted but...)

WSS

Sounds about right

Your age and health only matter if you currently hold the poor fortune of identifying as a Republican. See Cheney, Dick; McCain, John

That's not true at all. We have the right making a big deal about it now.

Her age and any potential health concerns will make her VP choice more crucial than normal. Just like it did with McCain, and he blew it.

WSS

Well, you are assuming he only got in because of Affirmative Action, and considering he graduated Harvard Law magna cum laude ( like I did at Michigan :D ) I would bet that wasn't the case.

Mitt graduated Harvard through a joint Business / Law program and graduated just cum laude. He had a lot more shit going on though, so that's still fucking impressive.

I wouldn't say you could look at their academics and from that say one is more intelligent than the other

I think what he meant was Mitt sounded dumb sometimes. Mostly because he lived such a sheltered life (Mormon, BYU, private schools, incredibly wealthy, etc etc) that he just doesn't fit in with regular people. So, when he had to hang out with average Joe, he seemed very awkward, and in a way, dumb.

Archived