THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Hillary's Age Matter?

MLD Woody

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have two degrees, and I say some pretty dumb shit at times, as I'm sure you're all aware.

Actually what I am saying is that I don't think President Obama it's much more, if any more, intelligent than most of us here. You included.

Especially coming from at acting background I realize that reading your lines, or a teleprompter, doesn't make you a fucking genius.

WSS

Well, you are assuming he only got in because of Affirmative Action, and considering he graduated Harvard Law magna cum laude ( like I did at Michigan :D ) I would bet that wasn't the case.

Mitt graduated Harvard through a joint Business / Law program and graduated just cum laude. He had a lot more shit going on though, so that's still fucking impressive.

I wouldn't say you could look at their academics and from that say one is more intelligent than the other

I think what he meant was Mitt sounded dumb sometimes. Mostly because he lived such a sheltered life (Mormon, BYU, private schools, incredibly wealthy, etc etc) that he just doesn't fit in with regular people. So, when he had to hang out with average Joe, he seemed very awkward, and in a way, dumb.

So you ate cum a lot?

I've never said Obama was an idiot. He is, of course, an empty suit, who has done really nothing in his life...

Unless community organizer Chicago political hack is a qualification.

And we are supposed to discount affirmative action? Fair enough let's see the transcript.

WSS

I've never said Obama was an idiot. He is, of course, an empty suit, who has done really nothing in his life...

Unless community organizer Chicago political hack is a qualification.

And we are supposed to discount affirmative action? Fair enough let's see the transcript.

WSS

You made it sound like Romney was much smarter than Obama, I don't think that's true. They are both very intelligent. Definitely smarter than most of us here, if not all of us.

He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law, why would you need a transcript? That is basically saying he was in the top 10% of his class (or top quarter, or however they do it at Harvard)

You made it sound like Romney was much smarter than Obama, I don't think that's true. They are both very intelligent. Definitely smarter than most of us here, if not all of us.

He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law, why would you need a transcript? That is basically saying he was in the top 10% of his class (or top quarter, or however they do it at Harvard)

Actually the better question is why would he stonewall? What's the problem showing your transcripts if you're that fucking smart.

Also I don't think it's any harder to get through Harvard than Cleveland fucking state law school. The bar exam is the same for everybody.

It's just harder to get in. Probably like Michigan or MIT.

WSS

Yes, I'm autistic. Boom....

I'm too stupid to keep up with you... damn.

I can't hang with the guy with the theater arts degree that sings and plays guitar.

I'm just going to back out now then and avoid any further embarrassment.

You can't talk to me like that. I drive a dodge stratus!

Actually the better question is why would he stonewall? What's the problem showing your transcripts if you're that fucking smart.

Also I don't think it's any harder to get through Harvard than Cleveland fucking state law school. The bar exam is the same for everybody.

It's just harder to get in. Probably like Michigan or MIT.

WSS

I am pretty sure that isn't true. A school that is harder to get in to will be more difficult to succeed at. They expect their incoming freshman to be more prepared out of high school and they expect more from them during their 4 years in school.

The only reason I brought it up is because you said you think Romney is more educated than Obama. I wouldn't necessarily say that is true. They both got the same law degree and Obama came out with better grades. Romney though also got the business degree, and given his history it is probably safe to say he knows more about business. I don't think you could call one smarter than the other or one more educated than the other though. Not this far out of college.

No one was worried about Obama keeling over while watching his Matlock marathon. There was a legit chance Palin could be in charge due to McCain being ancient.

But thats not what you said in your first post. And I don't think Palin would have been any worse then Obama is now, probably better.

But thats not what you said in your first post. And I don't think Palin would have been any worse then Obama is now, probably better.

Now Sarah Palin is a *lot* dumber than both Romney and Obama.

Both man got the same law degree from Harvard. One of them also got a business degree and was in the top 5 %.

As I pointed out you take the same bar exam whether you go to Cleveland State or Harvard. I just think this gives the education edge to Mitt.

So would you if you werennt just trying to be a dick about it. It's pretty obvious.

And we don't know what his grades were. He refuses to let them be seen. Why? You tell me.

WSS

"the same bar exam whether you go to Cleveland State or Harvard"

I was under the impression that different states had different bars? Not saying one is harder, just a curiosity.

"the same bar exam whether you go to Cleveland State or Harvard"

I was under the impression that different states had different bars? Not saying one is harder, just a curiosity.

Yes each state has its own bar exam and entry requirements 2 practice in that state. But if you practice in Ohio (or any particular state) you take the same bar exam no matter where you went to law school.

WSS

Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Benjamin Franklin, and Einstein were all college or high school drop outs. Which school someone went to or what grades they received doesn't always equate to intelligence. It equates only to the ability to conform and excel to our system of education and measurement of your ability to absorb that education.

Both man got the same law degree from Harvard. One of them also got a business degree and was in the top 5 %.

As I pointed out you take the same bar exam whether you go to Cleveland State or Harvard. I just think this gives the education edge to Mitt.

So would you if you werennt just trying to be a dick about it. It's pretty obvious.

And we don't know what his grades were. He refuses to let them be seen. Why? You tell me.

WSS

Mitt may have been top 5% in his business degreee (idk, I never saw that) but he was cum luade in Law. Obama was summa cum laude. Romney also had an incredibly wealthy family which I'm sure helped him.

You are saying that business degree makes Romney "more educated"?

Is your only degree theatre arts? Am I more educated than you?

Are you just using the term "educated" and then tying it to college degrees as a way to say he's more intelligent, without actually doing so?

Yes Woody. You are more educated than I am.

This isn't really personal.

So?

Also Legacy and Chris.

So?

WSS

Do you think you or Woody would make a better president? I suspect I know the answer to that question, so without waiting for you to say you, does that not contradict your point (I think you made it?) about Romney being more educated and thus a better candidate?

It seemed like he wanted to say Romney was more intelligent, but couldn't actually prove it. So he decided to say "more educated" because then he could point to the two degrees (even though Obama did better in the degree they shared and most likely faced more hardship while doing so).

I don't think Mitt Romney is more intelligent than Barack Obama. I don't think Barack Obama is more intelligent than Mitt Romney nor most any recent candidate but that's the way his supporters wish to view him. I think Mitt was probably more qualified to be the president of the United States than Barack Obama.

One candidate has two advanced degrees and one candidate has much more life experience and success in the world of business. I can't imagine that you would think that Obama was more qualified if those conditions were reversed Chris. As a matter of fact I bet not.

WSS

I might also believe, despite the sneers from the left, that having some sort of military background might be a positive for a candidate who wishes to become the commander in chief of the most powerful army in the world.

WSS

To be honest it seems those with military backgrounds often show more restraint in using the military than those without. They know better what war does to a person.

I don't think Mitt Romney is more intelligent than Barack Obama. I don't think Barack Obama is more intelligent than Mitt Romney nor most any recent candidate but that's the way his supporters wish to view him. I think Mitt was probably more qualified to be the president of the United States than Barack Obama.

One candidate has two advanced degrees and one candidate has much more life experience and success in the world of business. I can't imagine that you would think that Obama was more qualified if those conditions were reversed Chris. As a matter of fact I bet not.

WSS

If the country was a business I'd agree with that.

There are a lot of things that go into the qualifications of a president. Education, business skills, military experience, international experience, political experience, orator abilities, soft skills, interpersonal skills, general demeanor, etc etc

Archived