THE BROWNS BOARD

Off to an interview

LBC mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's a few of us here in the engineering field then. I graduated from Kent State with Associates in MET in 1995, went back for a 2+2 Bachelor received in 2004.

Nice, more engineers! I'm towards the end of my classes in Aerospace Engineering down at UC.

I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.

Love it when engineering departments get shipped to india and korea. happened to me before.

Okay, so I might be a freak fan. I hate this time of year. I am a browns fan in Long Beach CA...... a place that is not a place for a browns fan. My buddy moved to San Diego from L.A. who is from Ohio and so I can't watch a Browns game with a fellow fan this coming year. Wife is a fan via marriage. she is a girl fan of chargers. she likes the browns because of me.

You guys in Ohio get news feeds and shit. I get nothing other than NFL network and ESPN (manziel network formerly the Tebow network). College football sucks around here.. Hate USC. Okay with UCLA but nothing significant.

Wife is talking about selling out house and moving to Ohio. I really want to. she talks about it.

Sorry for my tidbit burst post.

Why in the hell would you want to move back to Ohio? i

If your wife is from California she will hate it here

My wife brings it up. we have about 220k equity in our house. Schools are shit here. people are the worst. weather is great but...... to commute 10 miles here takes 1/2 to one hour. Her friend just moved to south of cinci and she is a full cali girl/former model lookin check. she is bitching about the humidity right now but she is adjusting to it. They bought a house there that is equivalent of a mansion here

The reason you can live cheaply in a huge house here is that the state sucks and is totally depressed.

I know this and explained it to her. She is half philipino and Irish. stubborn as hell.

I had my little GC company and made okay money after I got laid of in 2012. in October had some bad employees that resulted in a lot money lose. Had to redo a lot of things. So come November I was not bringing any money home that I should. the last 2 months I have been doing most of the work myself with some minimal help. lost some proposal contracts that were verbally givin to me. couple of signed ones. For my little company I was set to bill about 20 grand a month. 20 percent take home. Not much money. but was working on my own growning and shit went bad.

The wife had fits about it and was bitching a storm (don't blame her, so now she can shut her trap. Its better for my family and my sanity. I aged like 5 years in a year and half. too many gray hairs. I feel a lot more at ease now.

Thank you guys. Have been on this board and it has been great!

I have to start all over and I am happy with it. Be like a rising phoenix out of the ashes right? So when does fucking football start again!!!!! GO BROWNS.

I love the posts from grads who haven't even starting working yet. Call me in ten years.

Was that directed at me? My feelings... My feelings..

However will I consider myself successful if the cranky, old, senile man doesn't think I am?

I also have some experience under my belt, bub

Silly engineers, going to school all those years....

Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.

All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....

But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...

The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.

Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep B)

Silly engineers, going to school all those years....

Come be a roughneck like me and work your fucking tail off 80 plus hours a week, break your back, but make bank.

All kidding aside I wish I finished school.... I would probably be in law school right now....

But kids and bills and debt do strange things to a young man...

The bright side? Im only 24 and have plenty of life left to change it up if I feel so inclined.

Anyways congrats LBC Mike... And begrudgingly I congratulate all you grads and soon to be grads.... Jealousy burns deep B)

"if i knew then what i know now................."

Yup... home grown, Case ChemE here...

Do you work in the area too?

Case looked nice, but I couldn't imagine going to school only like 15 minutes from my house. That just wouldn't seem like the "college experience" to me. Just my opinion though

Archived