THE BROWNS BOARD

Off to an interview

LBC mike

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the call and I am hired!!!! start Monday!!!! holy fuck I am happy. Lost my ass with my company. Have been phasing it out.

Good for you!

It's looking like a good year for the good guys (Browns' Fans).

CONGRATS!

Mike

Don't you know? Engineers rule the world

When do you graduate?

2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.

2016. 5 year program because of the mandatory co-ops. It's a pretty good gig to get to work in your field and basically pay off your school as you go.

Yeah I think Cincy basically invented the co-op program. My dad got his engineering degree there so it was one of the schools I looked at.

I did one "co-op" the winter of my Jr year. It was really just like an internship in the winter though, since I only did one rotation there. Its weird working when all of your buddies are at school

Yeah I think Cincy basically invented the co-op program. My dad got his engineering degree there so it was one of the schools I looked at.

I did one "co-op" the winter of my Jr year. It was really just like an internship in the winter though, since I only did one rotation there. Its weird working when all of your buddies are at school

Yeah, they did invent it. It definitely helped persuade me to go here. Considering that I've basically had a job locked up after graduation since the Fall of my 2nd year, I think it's worked out pretty well.

My only concern with a full on co-op program is that you're sort of committing to a company for your next 3 (or however many) work rotations only as a Soph (or earlier). I changed my mind a few times about what I actually wanted to do as I went through school. Getting 3 work experiences at 3 different companies in 3 different positions helped.

That just scared me away fr the idea at Michigan (which has no formal program. It isn't required and the one I did do I got no credit for it.... Bastards)

My only concern with a full on co-op program is that you're sort of committing to a company for your next 3 (or however many) work rotations only as a Soph (or earlier). I changed my mind a few times about what I actually wanted to do as I went through school. Getting 3 work experiences at 3 different companies in 3 different positions helped.

That just scared me away fr the idea at Michigan (which has no formal program. It isn't required and the one I did do I got no credit for it.... Bastards)

Well, you aren't really committed to a place, per se. It's "highly recommended" that you stick with a company for more than one rotation, but I know a few people who have worked for 3 different companies in their first 3 terms for various reasons. I also know people who have really enjoyed their first company and are heading for 5/5 terms plus the full-time job.

I just really like that, because it's mandatory here and everyone knows it, a lot of companies are really supportive of co-ops and make an effort to come and recruit here. It makes finding a job pretty easy.

I just got the call and I am hired!!!! start Monday!!!! holy fuck I am happy. Lost my ass with my company. Have been phasing it out.

Congrats! First round is on you!

Do you work in the area too?

Case looked nice, but I couldn't imagine going to school only like 15 minutes from my house. That just wouldn't seem like the "college experience" to me. Just my opinion though

Area? If mean engineering... felt like I was an engineer for like 5 minutes before move to management. If mean geographically... no, moved to Texas for "a few years" and still here.

Case was great. My commute would have been long enough that it justified staying on campus, at least in my mind, so had the complete "experience" with three years on campus and 4th off. A couple roomies and I reverse integrated a section of Shaker Heights at the top of Murray Road Hill. Had a "Hot Sauce Williams" BBQ joint at the end of the block and everything.

Well, you aren't really committed to a place, per se. It's "highly recommended" that you stick with a company for more than one rotation, but I know a few people who have worked for 3 different companies in their first 3 terms for various reasons. I also know people who have really enjoyed their first company and are heading for 5/5 terms plus the full-time job.

I just really like that, because it's mandatory here and everyone knows it, a lot of companies are really supportive of co-ops and make an effort to come and recruit here. It makes finding a job pretty easy.

Well I know the program is very well run down there. I didn't know exactly how set in stone the number of rotations were, so I thought backing out would be in bad taste.

I would hate having to miss football season too if that's when a rotation was haha. The extra year to graduate isn't for everyone, but the job security and money you make during the rotations seems like a good balance.

Archived