THE BROWNS BOARD

Radical Muslims on the March

After reading this I don't see how you consider yourself a Christian.

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm not a Christian in the strictest definition of the term. But of all the major monotheistic religions, I identify most strongly with Christianity, by some distance, because of its relatively modern stance on a lot of things (when compared to Judaism and Islam, which are essentially old testament and a re-interpretation of the old testament).

Essentially, I believe the things I believe, but being a scientist at heart, I struggle to reconcile all of the inconsistencies you find littered throughout the bible, and then think that this is a wholly accurate representation of the facts of the time.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No clue. I know I definitely saw something that is unexplained. Logic

Did I miss that post? What did you see/thought you saw that you can't explain?

I was 18 and staying at a friend's house. It was her mom's house and she had told us (my friend Jason and I) that the house was haunted. I gave her 8 kinds of shit about how she was lying etc. Jason was scared because he believed in all of that stuff.

It got to being late and we were supposed to get up early and go to Warped Tour. Darby (the female friend) had fallen asleep hours ago. Jason and I were still up but Jason finally passed out. Jason and I were supposed to sleep downstairs in the living room. I left Jason in the upstairs TV room passed out in a recliner. I turn everything off and began walking down the hallway towards the steps. As I am walking in the dark hallway, I feel something pass by me under my arm (was touching the walls to feel my way towards the stairs). It made me pause for a second because the air got really cold. I just chalked it up to a draft and it being late.

I went downstairs and started watching TV and winding down. I got curious about what brushed against my leg. I opened the basement door to check on the pets (they put them down there at night because they wreck the house). The rottweiler and three cats were down there hanging out. I went back to the living room and started to fall asleep. I then heard something or someone run down the stairs. Just wide open running. I turn around (the stairs were over my shoulder) and I heard the last of the running at the end of the stairs but no one was there. At this point, I am starting to get concerned. I sat back down on the couch to get my bearings when something unseen slammed on the ground in the middle of the living room. It was with enough force that it knocked pictures off of the wall. I went running up the stairs just to find someone else because I had no fucking idea what was going on.

When I reached the top of the steps, I saw in the darkness a shape that was slightly illuminated. I could tell it was the shape of a person. It looked at me then walked into the closed door where Darby's bedroom was and disappeared. The air got really cold and I can remember it took me a good five seconds for my brain to send the signal to get the fuck out of there. I ran back down the stairs and out the door to the front yard. I called Darby and Jason. Darby met me downstairs (Jason didn't wake up to the phone call) and asked what was wrong. She had heard the thud but thought that one of us had rolled off the couch. My story unnerved them so bad that they ended up staying up with me the rest of the night.

A week later, Darby's mom showed me the news clippings about the house. Older couple had lived there and for some reason the old man had pushed his wife off the top rail. He hung himself in the house before the cops showed up.

I had been a complete skeptic of anything like ghosts. Still not sure I would classify it as that because I am open to any explanation. It was just very real and completely insane at the time.

I was 18 and staying at a friend's house. It was her mom's house and she had told us (my friend Jason and I) that the house was haunted. I gave her 8 kinds of shit about how she was lying etc. Jason was scared because he believed in all of that stuff.

It got to being late and we were supposed to get up early and go to Warped Tour. Darby (the female friend) had fallen asleep hours ago. Jason and I were still up but Jason finally passed out. Jason and I were supposed to sleep downstairs in the living room. I left Jason in the upstairs TV room passed out in a recliner. I turn everything off and began walking down the hallway towards the steps. As I am walking in the dark hallway, I feel something pass by me under my arm (was touching the walls to feel my way towards the stairs). It made me pause for a second because the air got really cold. I just chalked it up to a draft and it being late.

I went downstairs and started watching TV and winding down. I got curious about what brushed against my leg. I opened the basement door to check on the pets (they put them down there at night because they wreck the house). The rottweiler and three cats were down there hanging out. I went back to the living room and started to fall asleep. I then heard something or someone run down the stairs. Just wide open running. I turn around (the stairs were over my shoulder) and I heard the last of the running at the end of the stairs but no one was there. At this point, I am starting to get concerned. I sat back down on the couch to get my bearings when something unseen slammed on the ground in the middle of the living room. It was with enough force that it knocked pictures off of the wall. I went running up the stairs just to find someone else because I had no fucking idea what was going on.

When I reached the top of the steps, I saw in the darkness a shape that was slightly illuminated. I could tell it was the shape of a person. It looked at me then walked into the closed door where Darby's bedroom was and disappeared. The air got really cold and I can remember it took me a good five seconds for my brain to send the signal to get the fuck out of there. I ran back down the stairs and out the door to the front yard. I called Darby and Jason. Darby met me downstairs (Jason didn't wake up to the phone call) and asked what was wrong. She had heard the thud but thought that one of us had rolled off the couch. My story unnerved them so bad that they ended up staying up with me the rest of the night.

A week later, Darby's mom showed me the news clippings about the house. Older couple had lived there and for some reason the old man had pushed his wife off the top rail. He hung himself in the house before the cops showed up.

I had been a complete skeptic of anything like ghosts. Still not sure I would classify it as that because I am open to any explanation. It was just very real and completely insane at the time.

Wow dude that is freaky. Hard to believe but I don't want to insult you by saying I don't. I would've left the house screw staying up lol. Wonder if Darby's mom was messing with you guys.

First of all, that is freaking spooky. And it was 1:30 am when I just read it.

Reminds me of a very hot day, middle of summer, in WV, when I was a kid, when we got to the old home

place up in the mountains. My cousins weren't there yet, so I hiked off the farm, across

the road, down the trail in the woods. There were gigantic rocks crashed together for

ages, and the old trail went further and further down along the cliff base, which was about

60 feet max. It was hot.

I just was watching some squirrels, and how beautiful it was, with all the vines, undergrowth,

and mountain laurel bushes and tall trees' canopy. I stopped at a deep crack in the wall of the cliff.

Never noticed it before, but there it was. About a foot wide, and went way deep into the cliff wall,

as far as I could see in the daylight. I was looking into it, when all of a sudden, a very, very cool whoosh

of air came out of the crack, across me, and I heard a whisper behind me. I freaked, I wheeled around to

push whatever person snuck up on me. and there was nothing. And the whoosh of cool air was gone.

It was a week before me and my cousins all hiked down there. And there, near the crack in the cliff...

was three sticks of dynamite, with a wire going up the cliff. A few hundred yars away, was a strip mine

on the edge of the mountain. But the wire ended about ten feet up the cliff, and the dynamite felt wet,

it rained the night before. No idea what happened. How does a whoosh of cool air ruffle the hair on my

forehead days earlier? No idea.

So, after I read your spooky story, and remembered that one time when I got spooked... when right then,

my Wonderful Cute Wife called out to me from our bedroom. She said something about "out on the deck".

So, I go there, I trip over the cat tunnel toy thing, and I get to the bedroom, grab my gun from it's hiding place,

and she says I don't need that. It's freakin dark, I can't see anything because I just left the computer,

and I go to go out on the deck, and the deck doors are locked. From the inside. So, I call out to her, and

she isn't there. Then, I rush out of the bedroom, to the kitchen deck doors, and they are locked too.

I call out for her...no answer. Now I'm already spooked because of your story, and she's gone.

I'm -really- spooked, and she isn't answering, and I head toward the front door to look out the front room

picture window, carrying my gun, with magazine separate.... I can't see anything, and then as I move toward

the front door, it opens. She had gone out to the front porch, instead, and I didn't hear her tell me,

cause I was going for my gun

to the front porch instead, because there was a plane with a big light that seems to be hovering over the road.

Well, it had been turning, had a big light on, and wasn't really hovering. I was spooked before she ever called me. @@

So, I put my unloaded gun away, she laughed about it, and now, I may go to bed and listen to Coast-to-Coast

all night long or something.

At least this last story has a nice explanation to it.

No idea, no clue, but your story is freaky.

And yeah I wouldn't believe someone else if they told me that story. I would not feel insulted haha.

then it wouldnt be too much of a stretch to believe that there is also a satanic realm operating in the world today?

First of all, that is freaking spooky. And it was 1:30 am when I just read it.

Reminds me of a very hot day, middle of summer, in WV, when I was a kid, when we got to the old home

place up in the mountains. My cousins weren't there yet, so I hiked off the farm, across

the road, down the trail in the woods. There were gigantic rocks crashed together for

ages, and the old trail went further and further down along the cliff base, which was about

60 feet max. It was hot.

I just was watching some squirrels, and how beautiful it was, with all the vines, undergrowth,

and mountain laurel bushes and tall trees' canopy. I stopped at a deep crack in the wall of the cliff.

Never noticed it before, but there it was. About a foot wide, and went way deep into the cliff wall,

as far as I could see in the daylight. I was looking into it, when all of a sudden, a very, very cool whoosh

of air came out of the crack, across me, and I heard a whisper behind me. I freaked, I wheeled around to

push whatever person snuck up on me. and there was nothing. And the whoosh of cool air was gone.

It was a week before me and my cousins all hiked down there. And there, near the crack in the cliff...

was three sticks of dynamite, with a wire going up the cliff. A few hundred yars away, was a strip mine

on the edge of the mountain. But the wire ended about ten feet up the cliff, and the dynamite felt wet,

it rained the night before. No idea what happened. How does a whoosh of cool air ruffle the hair on my

forehead days earlier? No idea.

So, after I read your spooky story, and remembered that one time when I got spooked... when right then,

my Wonderful Cute Wife called out to me from our bedroom. She said something about "out on the deck".

So, I go there, I trip over the cat tunnel toy thing, and I get to the bedroom, grab my gun from it's hiding place,

and she says I don't need that. It's freakin dark, I can't see anything because I just left the computer,

and I go to go out on the deck, and the deck doors are locked. From the inside. So, I call out to her, and

she isn't there. Then, I rush out of the bedroom, to the kitchen deck doors, and they are locked too.

I call out for her...no answer. Now I'm already spooked because of your story, and she's gone.

I'm -really- spooked, and she isn't answering, and I head toward the front door to look out the front room

picture window, carrying my gun, with magazine separate.... I can't see anything, and then as I move toward

the front door, it opens. She had gone out to the front porch, instead, and I didn't hear her tell me,

cause I was going for my gun

to the front porch instead, because there was a plane with a big light that seems to be hovering over the road.

Well, it had been turning, had a big light on, and wasn't really hovering. I was spooked before she ever called me. @@

So, I put my unloaded gun away, she laughed about it, and now, I may go to bed and listen to Coast-to-Coast

all night long or something.

At least this last story has a nice explanation to it.

No idea, no clue, but your story is freaky.

I don't think a rifle would work against a spirit.

We used to attribute all nature of unexplainable events to some higher power until science figured them out. So forgive me if I am not quick to jump on to the religion train to brainwash junction whenever I don't have an immediate answer for something.

So you think it's a scientific thing that people who died in the house, were brushing past you, materializing and making noises? Okay, now you're grabbing at straws. Anything but spiritual, please, anything!

So you think it's a scientific thing that people who died in the house, were brushing past you, materializing and making noises? Okay, now you're grabbing at straws. Anything but spiritual, please, anything!

You convinced me. I decided to join scientology. They have ghosts explained far better than Christianity.

All fucking around aside, I don't know exactly what it was but that doesn't compel me to immediately chalk it up to "well I guess religion is legit".

How does Christianity explain ghosts if at all? Not being snarky just never heard it discussed.

You convinced me. I decided to join scientology. They have ghosts explained far better than Christianity.

All fucking around aside, I don't know exactly what it was but that doesn't compel me to immediately chalk it up to "well I guess religion is legit".

How does Christianity explain ghosts if at all? Not being snarky just never heard it discussed.

I'm not saying anything about it being 'Christian'. I'm saying it seems to indicate that there is something after the death of the body. Not just the big sleep.

I'm not saying anything about it being 'Christian'. I'm saying it seems to indicate that there is something after the death of the body. Not just the big sleep.

Not necessarily. Assuming (and I'm making a *huge* leap of faith here) that something that wasn't human/animal brushed up against his leg, that doesn't necessarily mean ghosts. If you're opening up that world of paranormal, then you could be looking at any kind of thing.

Not necessarily. Assuming (and I'm making a *huge* leap of faith here) that something that wasn't human/animal brushed up against his leg, that doesn't necessarily mean ghosts. If you're opening up that world of paranormal, then you could be looking at any kind of thing.

Maybe it was brownie the elf

In terms of a Biblical explanation, basically, in the original HeBrew and Greek,

in the Angelic Conflict. We all have free will, and we can choose whose direction

we turn to, or in terms of the evil side, fall into.

Through Grace, through believing that Jesus died for us, we can enter Heaven, in Christianity.

satan and God - free will to choose.

In this world, if God intervened, and made evil not happen, he would be creating the decision for Himself.

Sadly, the explanation is, that this world isn't run by God - it's a place we live.

Otherwise God would be making a stacked deck in His favor, meaning we would

be manipulated and have little free will to choose. It would be Heaven right here.

Instead, Jesus died on the Cross. The ultimate Biblical explanation, the Angelic Conflict,

is that the human race has a free choice. If you choose to not believe, according to the Bible anyways,

you aren't on the side of God.

It isn't works that gets you to Heaven, it's simply accepting God's Grace that you can enter Heaven

by accepting Jesus as having died for your sins.

The ultimate answer, as I understand it, is that satan wanted to be God, was cast out,

and the open answer to satan is that we get to choose.

I'm just trying to explain my understanding of the answer to the comments about "God gives little children

and adults diseases and tragedies" hurtful comments. He does not. He allows this world to be evil and imperfect,

in the understanding that His plan is for us to come to Him.

It's very complicated, and my explanation probably sucks. Use anyone who wants to know, can browse

it and read up.

When you realize the hideous, inhuman evil in this world throughout history, that is how some of us

here see it, I suppose, and others don't.

I just choose not to ridicule others' religious or lack thereof, beliefs.

Archived