THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Cumia fired from SirusXM for racist rant.

Either way, it is certain that he came off as a douchebag and a jackass. Which are also things Sirius wouldn't want to be associated with. woodpecker

Which, btw, what keeps you here, then, woodpecker? Most of us don't want to be associated with people

who come off that like...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, it is certain that he came off as a douchebag and a jackass. Which are also things Sirius wouldn't want to be associated with. woodpecker

Which, btw, what keeps you here, then, woodpecker? Most of us don't want to be associated with people

who come off that like...

1) I don't give a fuck what you think

2) You and our other super conservative friends are hardly the majority

actually, & I hope this isn't doubled since the phone is acting up, I really hope it backfires on Sirius XM. The reason being is it they've raked in plenty of money hiring guys like Howard Stern, dr. Laura, Don Imus who have been ostracized from regular Airwaves because they were offending the hypersensitive left. Now their feelings are hurt? Please. Also if you think it goes both ways could you give me a list of conservative groups who have been offended and the offenders have been punished?

I wouldn't bet against this being a publicity stunt anyway...

WSS

Well, I don't have a back log of material ready to go against any politic group (unlike some on here). I also don't have a "favorites bar" of sites ready to help (again, unlike some).

I would start my google search with something along the lines of "War on Christmas" and go from there.

I'm not sure why that matters though or why people here want to make this left vs right. What's the point? To show that the conservatives take offense to less things? That's probably based on the demo. But again, that's not the point.

The guy said stupid shit and now he's fired. The majority of the uproar may have been from liberals, so what? I don't think it is out of line at all here.

It's not public, it's a subscription service.

People like you are part of the apology culture, it's weak minded and hypocritical.

Whatever, he has an audience and represents Sirius. If she had the same, she'd be disciplined as well.

"Apology culture?" I'm sorry

I'm sorry I don't see a liberal conspiracy every I look. I'm sorry I don't equate everything bad to the leftist, Nazi communists and Obama

Yes, there is a group that gets offended easily in America and is looking for things to be offended about. No, they aren't just liberals.

That's why I asked you if there are any conservative groups that received help in the form of punishing liberal offenders.

I'd say that list would be hard to find. Even in a war on Christ search.

WSS

I think part of the problem as well is people thinking freedom of speech means you're free to be a complete asshole without any repercussions.

If I come up to you in the street and call you a cunt, I'm expressing my freedom of speech. You punching me in the mouth is the repercussions. If I stand outside your house and tell you you should go home, that immigrants are ruining the country (go far enough back we're all immigrants somehow), people will call that freedom of speech. But really it's me being an ignorant douche.

So yes, he can say what he wants - but he shouldn't be surprised if people take offence and his employer doesn't take too kindly to it.

I'd never heard of the guy before this, but I understand he hosts a show with Oprah? Guessing that wouldn't go down too well with her either.

So I need to find a conservative group that was offended by something some other groups didn't find offensive?

Again I would just start with Christianity.

But again, I'm not sure why this has to be a left vs right thing. I don't care that more of the offended were liberals and more of the supporters are conservatives (I'm assuming. If anything thus says something about the two groups). The guy said dumb shit and was fired. Don't go on twitter tirades.

So I need to find a conservative group that was offended by something some other groups didn't find offensive?

Again I would just start with Christianity.

You don't have to find anything if you don't want to. You just made a claim I thought you might have known why you made it.

WSS

You don't have to find anything if you don't want to. You just made a claim I thought you might have known why you made it.

WSS

I'll find one when I get home. I ask for evidence with other posters' claims so I'll try to do the same (though evidence is hard for some to find it seems)

I think part of the problem as well is people thinking freedom of speech means you're free to be a complete asshole without any repercussions.

If I come up to you in the street and call you a cunt, I'm expressing my freedom of speech. You punching me in the mouth is the repercussions. If I stand outside your house and tell you you should go home, that immigrants are ruining the country (go far enough back we're all immigrants somehow), people will call that freedom of speech. But really it's me being an ignorant douche.

So yes, he can say what he wants - but he shouldn't be surprised if people take offence and his employer doesn't take too kindly to it.

I'd never heard of the guy before this, but I understand he hosts a show with Oprah? Guessing that wouldn't go down too well with her either.

We don't live in faggoty fucking PC England where mocking Islam can get you fired or put in jail.

This is the US where you can say whatever the fuck you want and our rights are supposed to be protected by the government. Not taken away.

The guy was a shock jock and has said 1000000X times things worse than that and everyone for the most part wants him back on air.

Anyone who knows the man knows how he was saying it god damn it.

People are pissed because most Liberals in entertainment have said something similar.

I'll find one when I get home. I ask for evidence with other posters' claims so I'll try to do the same (though evidence is hard for some to find it seems)

Yes not everything is on the internet and if it is it might not be easy to find.

It does seem like most people being punished for offensive language are ones making fun of the certain few minorities.

WSS

Yes not everything is on the internet and if it is it might not be easy to find.

It does seem like most people being punished for offensive language are ones making fun of the certain few minorities.

WSS

No, I meant that a lot of posters on here have a tough time sometimes when it comes to finding evidence for whatever they just said when they are asked.

As for conservatives getting mad, it seems like Stewy, Walter and co posted some things they were mad about and liberals weren't. Maybe those would work?

But, like I was picturing before: War On Christmas

http://www.theblaze.com/news/war-on-christmas/

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/12/25/war-christmas

Here is the American Family Association getting mad about the Harvey Milk stamp, http://news.yahoo.com/american-family-association-rejected-harvey-milk-stamp-donation-175700629.html , though I'm probably getting into different territory now

Oh, "and punished for it". Hmmm...

Well would you consider any advancement of Christian power or defeats to gay rights as being "punished"?

Or do you want a liberal public figure that said something conservatives didn't like, and then that public figure's company "punished" them for it?

I can't really think of any for the second. I'd have to look around. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't really keep bookmarks on my browser for that sort if stuff. It seems though, that conservatives are generally on the wrong side of society's advancing moral compass (whether or not you agree with where that's going). It would make sense they get hit for it more because there are probably more saying things others would consider "old fashioned" (to put it lightly). I mean, by definition that's what "conserve" could mean.

I'll look around a little after work. Maybe I'll find something

If I come up to you in the street and call you a cunt, I'm expressing my freedom of speech. You punching me in the mouth is the repercussions.

Part 1 is that it should be. If you're going to be free. If we are not, at least that rule should apply to both sides don't you think?

Part 2 no that's certainly not an acceptable repercussion. I don't think you would advocate physical violence against anyone offends you correct?

Cmon, let's say you take your kids to a restaurant and a gay couples holding hands. You are offended. Do you have a right to go attack them?

WSS

Part 1 is that it should be. If you're going to be free. If we are not, at least that rule should apply to both sides don't you think?

Part 2 no that's certainly not an acceptable repercussion. I don't think you would advocate physical violence against anyone offends you correct?

Cmon, let's say you take your kids to a restaurant and a gay couples holding hands. You are offended. Do you have a right to go attack them?

WSS

Yeah I was being a little flippant. But seriously, you think it's perfectly ok for a guy to walk around Harlem in a sandwich board saying 'all niggers are cunts' or something, and then be protected when people attack him? Of course, the people attacking shouldn't be free from reprimand either.

No, you don't have the right to attack a gay couple. Not even close to being the same thing here. The gay couple are just people in love going about their business in a normal way. Not going on twitter rants about how straight people are the devil or whatever.

Not even close to being the same thing here. The gay couple are just people in love going about their business in a perverted, abnornal way.

fixed. This liberal/progressive emotional moral relativism reeks of bs.

Anything status quo and accepted, normal human being activity is broken away from, with the "glorious" battle being

the "fringe is mainstream and okay".

For whatever reason, they live for the emotional high of getting attention, and

fighting the nonsense fights to prove the sick fringe is "mainstream". Just weird. Never ends with them, either.

Not even close to being the same thing here. The gay couple are just people in love going about their business in a perverted, abnornal way.

fixed. This liberal/progressive emotional moral relativism reeks of bs.

Anything status quo and accepted, normal human being activity is broken away from, with the "glorious" battle being

the "fringe is mainstream and okay".

For whatever reason, they live for the emotional high of getting attention, and

fighting the nonsense fights to prove the sick fringe is "mainstream". Just weird. Never ends with them, either.

'Abnornal'? Nah, not so fixed. The amount of time you pick woody up for his spelling/grammar mistakes, yours had better damn well be perfect, and it really isn't.

edit: had the wrong thread, thought we were on the gay bakery business

What exactly is the problem you have here Cal? Not saying you don't have a point, just not sure whether you're referring to my post, someone else's or the OP.

Just commenting on your use of "normal". that's all. for further explanation,

read what I posted on the "Christian baker" thread.

I didn't bring up the gay analogy here, though. That wild and crazy Steve did.

btw, Chris - nobody is perfect, and I don't always spell words correctly. Usually,

I see the mistakes as I type them, and I correct them eh? Truth is, in the other thread,

I misspelled "martyr" - I left out the "y".

But you need to understand - pretend you aren't a liberal - and know that woodpecker

is very, very, arrogant about his schooling and intelligence and the rep of his school,

blah blah blah blah...

yet he often misspells words, and uses some very inaccurate and nonsense phrases in his sentences.

Chris - I don't mess with people unless they mess with me - and disgreeing with ideas and explanations and

statements is pretty much the way it goes around here.

But still, the personal attacks for disagreeing are deserving of self-defense belligerence to a mild point.

So, while any of us can misspell a word, whatever, putting other people down because you have so much

academia that you think anybody who disagrees with you is "Retarded", etc....

deserves some extra scrutiny. I never go around putting other people down "because I am so much

smarter" and "went to a high rated school" and "I'm an "x", so you aren't, careerwise, so you suck and I

am superior" isn't going to work..

The left doesn't "own" belligerence about being disagreed with; some on the right have the same problem.

Listen, Chris, I would post fewer of my stupid opinions, except I type very, very fast.

Yeah I was being a little flippant. But seriously, you think it's perfectly ok for a guy to walk around Harlem in a sandwich board saying 'all niggers are cunts' or something, and then be protected when people attack him? Of course, the people attacking shouldn't be free from reprimand either.

No, you don't have the right to attack a gay couple. Not even close to being the same thing here. The gay couple are just people in love going about their business in a normal way. Not going on twitter rants about how straight people are the devil or whatever.

1 no I don't "I think it's perfectly okay."

I said that the rules, if there are any, should be applied equally. Just to the people you choose.

And I don't think physical violence is acceptable in cases where you haven't been attacked. For instance I don't think woody should be allowed to sucker punch a family saying grace before a meal in a restaurant.

;)

WSS

And since you didn't like my gay couples holding hands hypothetical how about a black kid walking down the street with a boom box playing offensive hip hop music? And a white guy takes a ball bat to his head?

Equal?

And racism around every corner... Ask yourself had it been a white man who attacked him they called him a savage, an animal. As I always say reverse the races if it sounds stupid, it is stupid

WSS

And since you didn't like my gay couples holding hands hypothetical how about a black kid walking down the street with a boom box playing offensive hip hop music? And a white guy takes a ball bat to his head?

Equal?

And racism around every corner... Ask yourself had it been a white man to text him they called him a savage, an animal. As I always say reverse the races if it sounds stupid, it is stupid

WSS

You ask the guy to turn it down. If he declines, then either he's moving on, so not your problem, or causing a breach of the peace, and so it is a legal issue.

And why does it have to be a white guy? You think there's no black guys out there that when he sees some black kid walking around with his trousers hanging round his knees with a boom box on his shoulder, wearing a vest and a big gold necklace blasting out whatever crap the kids listen to these days, thinks to himself "man, that guy is an idiot, it's guys like him that make it worse for the rest of us?"

I think when he's talking about the group of people he considers savages, he means the lady that attacked him and her friends/backup/posse/entourage. I doubt he meant every black person in the world. But the way he's saying it, it certainly comes across that way, like "of course they attacked me, they're black"

Don't play naive. It has to be a white guy because if a black guy attacked another black guy for a boombox that was belting out the word N***** (or any offensive shit) nobody would care.

And I guess you need to cling to your double standard. I say people act like savages should be called savages regardless of race.

WSS

Just commenting on your use of "normal". that's all. for further explanation,

read what I posted on the "Christian baker" thread.

I didn't bring up the gay analogy here, though. That wild and crazy Steve did.

btw, Chris - nobody is perfect, and I don't always spell words correctly. Usually,

I see the mistakes as I type them, and I correct them eh? Truth is, in the other thread,

I misspelled "martyr" - I left out the "y".

But you need to understand - pretend you aren't a liberal - and know that woodpecker

is very, very, arrogant about his schooling and intelligence and the rep of his school,

blah blah blah blah...

yet he often misspells words, and uses some very inaccurate and nonsense phrases in his sentences.

Chris - I don't mess with people unless they mess with me - and disgreeing with ideas and explanations and

statements is pretty much the way it goes around here.

But still, the personal attacks for disagreeing are deserving of self-defense belligerence to a mild point.

So, while any of us can misspell a word, whatever, putting other people down because you have so much

academia that you think anybody who disagrees with you is "Retarded", etc....

deserves some extra scrutiny. I never go around putting other people down "because I am so much

smarter" and "went to a high rated school" and "I'm an "x", so you aren't, careerwise, so you suck and I

am superior" isn't going to work..

The left doesn't "own" belligerence about being disagreed with; some on the right have the same problem.

Listen, Chris, I would post fewer of my stupid opinions, except I type very, very fast.

Yes, Woody has a lot of life lessons to learn. Of course he does, he's only 21 (or whatever)! But do you suppose that the 'he started it' attitude towards flinging insults around is the best example to set him? you've called me a whole bunch of things recently - I guess since I said I wish you two guys would cut out the name calling - but I haven't been responding in "self-defence," I've just been ignoring them because ultimately, does it really matter? It's just some random guy on the internet that you have a very slim chance of actually ever meeting (and if you did you'd probably have some beers and have a great time chatting shit about football).

and you ask him to turn it down? Weren't you the guy condoning pounding the shit out of somebody who called someone a cunt? I suppose you feel the same way about woody and Anne Coulter , right?

(probably not because she committed the egregious sin of making fun of soccer :D )

WSS

Archived