THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Cumia fired from SirusXM for racist rant.

Don't play naive. It has to be a white guy because if a black guy attacked another black guy for a boombox that was belting out the word N***** (or any offensive shit) nobody would care.

And I guess you need to cling to your double standard. I say people act like savages should be called savages regardless of race.

WSS

I don't think it's necessarily racist if anyone attacks a young man for blaring out offensive music, whether victim or assailant were black, white, red, yellow or anything. It doesn't have to have racist connotations. For example, I don't think the woman was necessarily being racist, when she attacked him. Maybe she was - maybe she's "sick of whitey always coming down here thinking he can do what he wants" and just wailed on him because he was white. Maybe she was just an uneducated diva who doesn't want anyone taking pictures of her.

Maybe some old set-in-his-ways guy sees some kid walking past his house blaring music from a boombox and takes a bat to him. Perhaps if he's black, there's a thought of "these damn niggers are ruining my neighbourhood" - perhaps not. If he's white, perhaps he just wants to "teach this punk a lesson about manners"

I'm rambling, but I hope you get my point.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and you ask him to turn it down? Weren't you the guy condoning pounding the shit out of somebody who called someone a cunt? I suppose you feel the same way about woody and Anne Coulter , right?

(probably not because she committed the egregious sin of making fun of soccer :D )

WSS

Yeah, he way overreacted on that one. She was just a bad troll making generic arguments, generally weren't accurate and I didn't find funny. His outrage is what keeps her in a job.

But do you suppose that the 'he started it' attitude towards flinging insults around is the best example to set him? you've called me a whole bunch of things recently - I guess since I said I wish you two guys would cut out the name calling - but I haven't been responding in "self-defence,"

A. I don't set "examples" because if I did, it wouldn't be followed. Liberal behavior on the board

simply doesn't follow "examples".

B. I am philosophically dishing out consequences to a few posters who give me crap.

C. I wish we could stop the crap, but the initiator has to stop, because that started it in the first place.

D. I included you a few times because you joined in with woody in the personal stuff, though, I'm not

sure when that exactly was. It was pretty mild, I think, but I was on a roll....

E. It is "self-defenSe" here. Is it with a "c" over there?

A. I don't set "examples" because if I did, it wouldn't be followed. Liberal behavior on the board

simply doesn't follow "examples".

Do as I say not do as I do? Sounds like what those nasty lefties have been accused of doing ;)

B. I am philosophically dishing out consequences to a few posters who give me crap.

Flame wars get boring. I'm surprised that a grown man like yourself still has the appetite for it.

C. I wish we could stop the crap, but the initiator has to stop, because that started it in the first place.

If you stop responding, calling him woodpecker, insulting his intelligence at every turn, I guarantee there'll be a downturn in the insults coming in your direction.

D. I included you a few times because you joined in with woody in the personal stuff, though, I'm not

sure when that exactly was. It was pretty mild, I think, but I was on a roll....

Quite possibly I joined in - I mock everybody on here from time to time. Nothing personal, and if it caused you any offence, I'm sorry.

E. It is "self-defenSe" here. Is it with a "c" over there?

Yes, here and the rest of the English speaking world, apparently - Defense (AmE) or defence (BrE, CanE, AuE and NZE)

1 no I don't "I think it's perfectly okay."

I said that the rules, if there are any, should be applied equally. Just to the people you choose.

And I don't think physical violence is acceptable in cases where you haven't been attacked. For instance I don't think woody should be allowed to sucker punch a family saying grace before a meal in a restaurant.

;)

WSS

Is it really still a sucker punch by the time I get to the third or fourth family member?

Yeah, he way overreacted on that one. She was just a bad troll making generic arguments, generally weren't accurate and I didn't find funny. His outrage is what keeps her in a job.

To be fair, that was the first Ann Coulter article I've ever read. I don't really give a shit about anything else she says (even though I'm sure it is just as Retarded).

I honestly don't feel like I insult cal as frequently as he seems to think, or as often as he indsults me.

That being said, I don't think you're stupid because of your schooling or because you disagree with me. I think you're stupid because of the way you respond, the way you post articles, the sources you choose to believe, etc etc. You could be trumpeting stuff that agrees with climate change, but if it is from some poorly written Greenpeace article with no data I'd still think yiywere dumb.

I also don't believe I brag about my school or "being smart" or anything that much. Did my school kick ass? Yes. I'm I intelligent? Yes. Is engineering the greatest degree around? Of course. But I'm not holding that over people. I know I'm smart, I don't really care what people on the internet think in that regard. Feel free to ignore my comments about you as well. I know what I've accomplished and what I am in a position to accomplish thanks to being smart. A few guys insulting me other the internet doesn't mean much. You seem to think I bring it up every post though.... But then again I'm pretty sure you don't actually read most of them

Also if you read the entire story the woman called him white mother fucker. So if she got fired from her job, whatever it may be, would you support that action? Or have her food stamps taken away? Or her mattress impounded?

;)

WSS

I did read it, and I remember that now. Yes, if she was fired from her job because her racist comments brought the company in to disrepute, I would support that. She would learn not to do it next time, for a start! But she's probably a low level grunt at some company that won't have heard about it. If it were Oprah, for example, she would have been fired as well.

A. Do as I say not do as I do? Sounds like what those nasty lefties have been accused of doing ;)

Only because you misinterpret it. I did stop for a while, but then he didn't, and redoubled his belligerence

and insults. So, it was back on.

B.Flame wars get boring. I'm surprised that a grown man like yourself still has the appetite for it.

I have an appetite for a good beef roast, with onions, carrots, celery and potatoes. I have a habit

of having outstanding grace and patience in dealing with problems. And woody makes himself a problem,

because he can't control my posts, references, opinions. Why he thinks that's valid, I've no idea.

C. If you stop responding, calling him woodpecker, insulting his intelligence at every turn, I guarantee there'll be a downturn in the insults coming in your direction.

See A. I have in the past. And the times I did, the insults went ballistic. With woody, he can't just let

somebody else have different opinions, and support them however he sees fit. Too bad - I'm old school,

that ain't a-changin no how.

D. Quite possibly I joined in - I mock everybody on here from time to time. Nothing personal, and if it caused you any offence, I'm sorry.

Well, getting mocked from time to time is mostly fun. In the past, long ago, it went way past mocking and being funny. You didn't really start a battle or anything. But my sense of humor got a little out of hand...

So, I just try to deal with it - makiing it not pay to try to seriously ravage my existence on the board.

Most of us know the difference. Back in the day, Rich and I went round and round, calling each other all sorts

of really stupid but funny epithets that we made up. All about offensive line vs qb. I've been told that it was some

of the funniest stuff ever on the board. Not once did we ever bring out hurtful labels like "Retarded" etc. Not once

did he or I hit below the belt to hurt the other in some way.

So, that's how I see it. I have stupid opinions here and there, most of us do, except maybe Hoorta...and a few others.

But don't go around saying I'm a stupid moron in real life or "it's on like donkey kong" It's not that tough to

differentiate between the personal attack, and mocking somebody for their opinions. Yes, it's subjective,

and not a perfect "science".

It's like libs demanding that Israel give back the Gaza Strip. See how that worked out? Read up on why

Israel ended up controlling Gaza in the first place, is a great idea, just so you know.

So, the idea that I can be personally attacked/insulted, no kidding around, and I should just not respond,

and it will go away.

Ha. Nobody really believes that. Bullies never quit until it's made clear that it's in their best interest.

It just takes more time to get that virtually across the bow with name calling and belligerent insults.

For the record, Imperial trumps Michigan, and engineers are the simpletons who build the things other people tell them too. But other than that... ;)

Engineers tend to be conservative, scientists tend to be liberal.

Engineers MUST make things work...they solve problems by using logic, critical thinking, and facts, just like conservatives. They earn a salary just like every other private sector employee does.

Scientist tend to be liberal...many earn their salary from government grants, and producing results the government wants to hear.

It is a proven fact conservatives are much smarter than liberals.

Woody is a liar. There is no conceivable way he could an engineer.

I did read it, and I remember that now. Yes, if she was fired from her job because her racist comments brought the company in to disrepute, I would support that. She would learn not to do it next time, for a start! But she's probably a low level grunt at some company that won't have heard about it. If it were Oprah, for example, she would have been fired as well.

Oprah could get away with anything

For the record, Imperial trumps Michigan, and engineers are the simpletons who build the things other people tell them too. But other than that... ;)

1) I'm looking at the US News Works rankings and I see Imperial at #13 and Michigan at #15. I'll take that. Rankings are an imperfect science, they change rankings up to create controversy, no difference within closely ranked schools, blahblahblah :)

2) Did you go there? If so that's pretty cool.

3) Engineers probably found the problem, analyzed it, created a solution, designed it, built it, implemented it, reviewed it and sustained it.

1) I'm looking at the US News Works rankings and I see Imperial at #13 and Michigan at #15. I'll take that. Rankings are an imperfect science, they change rankings up to create controversy, no difference within closely ranked schools, blahblahblah :)

I generally see Imperial in the 8-12 area with 90% confidence (stats, really? I'm using stats?) and michigan in the teens.

2) Did you go there? If so that's pretty cool.

Yep.

3) Engineers probably caused the problem, the end user found it, the customer services analysed it, the project manager tried to find someone to blame besides himself, the engineers spent months trying to fix it, and ended up suggesting avoiding the broken bit.

Engineers tend to be conservative, scientists tend to be liberal.

Engineers MUST make things work...they solve problems by using logic, critical thinking, and facts, just like conservatives. They earn a salary just like every other private sector employee does.

Scientist tend to be liberal...many earn their salary from government grants, and producing results the government wants to hear.

It is a proven fact conservatives are much smarter than liberals.

Woody is a liar. There is no conceivable way he could an engineer.

There so much incorrect about that post... It's fantastic.

Please though, show me the "proven fact" conservatives are smarter. I'll wait.

But I'll take note, liberals can't be engineers. That puts some of you in an awkward position though... Seeing how I'm called liberal all the time here...

There so much incorrect about that post... It's fantastic.

Please though, show me the "proven fact" conservatives are smarter. I'll wait.

But I'll take note, liberals can't be engineers. That puts some of you in an awkward position though... Seeing how I'm called liberal all the time here...

Honestly I'm trying, but all I can find are things like this:

http://www.asanet.org/images/journals/docs/pdf/spq/Mar10SPQFeature.pdf

Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent
SATOSHI KANAZAWA
London School of Economics and Political Science

You made up a confidence interval? Lol. Well I cant compete with that. Are they also good at engineering or are they more like an Ivy League school?

Are we talking people specifically with the word "engineer" in their title, or those with engineering backgrounds?

Also, it sounds like you're talking software or something. Software "engineers" and the like aren't "real" engineers. Just glorified programmers :D

It also sounds like you have some shitty engineers.

Honestly I'm trying, but all I can find are things like this:

http://www.asanet.org/images/journals/docs/pdf/spq/Mar10SPQFeature.pdf

Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent

SATOSHI KANAZAWA

London School of Economics and Political Science

He posted one a few days ago about tea party members scoring slightly higher than average. He didn't read the report though because the author not only mentioned their was really any result that was statistically significant to draw a conclusion, but that the overall trend was a higher score the more liberal you get

You made up a confidence interval? Lol. Well I cant compete with that. Are they also good at engineering or are they more like an Ivy League school?

Are we talking people specifically with the word "engineer" in their title, or those with engineering backgrounds?

Also, it sounds like you're talking software or something. Software "engineers" and the like aren't "real" engineers. Just glorified programmers :D

It also sounds like you have some shitty engineers.

It's a science university, so varies from your dirt people, to those that play with bricks and things, and to the more traditional sciences, as well as having a business school. You won't find any arts students there - but the Royal School of Music is in the same building and the Royal School of Arts is around the corner. It's also opposite the Royal Albert Hall, where my graduation ceremony was, which was pretty cool.

Is that the Albert Hall they now know how many holes it takes to fill?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Archived