THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer will start !

calfoxwc

I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!

And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.

This is how out of touch with reality you have become.

Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.

A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A TCPO is the guy who asked you to show us where someone said Manziel wouldn't start this season...and you've been conveniently avoiding doing that.

Oh that..

While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

Oh that..

While he will start this season, he will not start THE season...

That ought to blow Stockman's mind...

By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

That one I'll cherish forever.

I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.

By your own logic, why would Manziel start at all this season? If Hoyer starts Week 1, and is as good as you think he is, then why would Manziel become to the starter in the middle of the season?

Injury.

We have a tendency to go through QB's - had quite a few changes last year, won't be surprised to see it this year (unfortunately).

Again just want to point out that people are saying that if you think Manziel is going to start this year, you are a Manziel lover, and it has nothing to do with you understanding NFL Football.

However if you think Hoyer might be the next Kurt Warner/Len Dawson/Johnny U then it has nothing to do with being a Hoyer lover, and everything to do with understanding NFL Football.

Makes perfect sense.

It just depends. If Hoyer struggles/reaches his potential and he is found to

say, have trouble moving like he used to....

then Manziel could step in.

But the veteran understanding of NFL defenses means a lot. And Hoyer has shown

he can win.

Throwing a rookie in there doesn't mean he should be starting because he was drafted high.

Ok just so we're on the record that if Hoyer starts week 1 the only way we see Manziel is injury

Depends on how Hoyer plays.

If he's competent I would expect him to stay in, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see a change made.

If Pettine's the Coach I'm hoping he is, he's going to do what's best for the Team.

I like all our QB's, but right now Hoyer is the most experienced so I'd like to see him play while Manziel gets up to speed.

If we hadn't rushed Weeden into starting I think even he would have had a chance of being a fair (not good/great) QB, I don't want to see another QB rushed in just because he was taken in the 1st round.

Depends on how Hoyer plays.

If he's competent I would expect him to stay in, but if he struggles I wouldn't be surprised to see a change made.

If Pettine's the Coach I'm hoping he is, he's going to do what's best for the Team.

I like all our QB's, but right now Hoyer is the most experienced so I'd like to see him play while Manziel gets up to speed.

If we hadn't rushed Weeden into starting I think even he would have had a chance of being a fair (not good/great) QB, I don't want to see another QB rushed in just because he was taken in the 1st round.

Ok then we can agree that if Hoyer starts Week 1 and Manziel ends up the starter, not because of injury, it'll be because Hoyer is a backup QB and not the next Kurt Warner....agreed?

This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

This clown is worth debating with. He puts words in your mouth and avoids directly answering retorts.

As you all haven't been able to tell yet, he really should be the head coach and gm of the Browns. The Browns, as well as the rest of us, just haven't caught up yet.

Because I'm telling you Hoyer isn't the guy?

That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

Im sorry "TCPO" is 7 examples enough? Because I can throw in the other examples where people were just saying Hoyer was the next ________ thus inferring that Hoyer will remain starter.

One one special post Hoorta even made the comments that because Warner, Len Dawson, and Johnny U were all cut in their careers, that Hoyer being cut 3 times in 5 years means nothing and he might be another one of them.

"Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

"Might not" is not the same as "won't". Nor is claiming that Hoyer might be a solid quarterback the same as saying Manziel will never start.

You seem to think that hoping Hoyer turns out to be better than anticipated is the same as saying Manziel will never be a starter. Wishes and reality are two separate entities.

Nobody here has said "Manziel isn't going to start for the Browns". Nobody here has said that Manziel wasn't drafted to be the Browns starter.

Manziel will start. He probably will start Week 1. He was taken to be the Browns franchise QB. That's undeniable fact. However, Pettine himself said he has to earn the job.

If Hoyer is as shitty as you claim, Manziel should have had no problem earning the spot immediately. But he didn't. He struggled learning the playbook, as many rookie quarterbacks do.

That doesn't mean he'll never beat out Hoyer. He will. The offense is becoming second nature to him, allowing him to think less and react faster. He will take the starting job.

Your pussy is bruised because Manziel didn't take the starting job immediately and you're taking it badly. That's fine, but don't like it's anything other than that.

Once again, proving that being realistic about Hoyer makes you not knowledgeable, but instead a "Manziel lover".

Oh yeah and good call on saying nobody said Manziel wasn't drafted to be the starter, post #185

they did not draft JFF to be the starter.

Looking real good TCPO. Good calls all around.

Dude, go away. At this point, you are nothing more than a troll. You are not a Browns fan. None of us consider you a Browns fan. You suck. Browns rule. It's opening day for our Browns and you aren't going to bring me down. Go somewhere where you can be productive. Loser.

I know what a troll non Browns fan I must be.

When I went to family day and live posted it, I did it just to troll you. I mean I didn't have to, all you real Browns fans were there anyway, right.....right? Wait Right? All of you were there, I mean if me, the fake Browns fan, was there, then all of you who are so much bigger Browns fans than me mustve been there, certainly....right?

Once again, proving that being realistic about Hoyer makes you not knowledgeable, but instead a "Manziel lover".

Oh yeah and good call on saying nobody said Manziel wasn't drafted to be the starter, post #185

Looking real good TCPO. Good calls all around.

Okay, I admit I didn't see that. And I don't agree with sisky on that front.

The thing is, we're saying the same things. But you're so blinded by whatever it is you think you're trying to prove that you don't realize it.

Maybe you'll consider my opinion more because I, too, am a "Manziel lover".

Fuck Hoyer. Dude is a 30 year old with shit stats and a handful of starts

Oh, he's from Cleveland? Must be great.

Guy sucks a bag of dicks.

What exactly makes Hoyer the guaranteed starter? His mediocre performance against the leagues worst passing defense? His mediocre performance against a defense missing 3 of their 4 defensive backfield starters?

If Hoyer is as good as I think he can be, which is all I have ever said, then it will be a while before JM starts. I never said "middle of the season". I really do not know where your head is...

Subject to revision based upon what I see this preseason, I think we are an 8-8 team due to numerous factors. I said so in a prediction thread that was started before you graced this board with your presence. And that is with BH as our starter... force me to start JM and my prediction would drop... but let's set that aside for now.

Even if BH plays well, at some point in an 8-8 season I believe the temptation will be there to "ready or not, see what the kid can do". That could come as early as week 5 (as many talking-heads have predicted) or late in the season, if it is clear that the playoffs are not in reach.

And injury could be a factor in the above... and not just at the QB spot.

That's funny because the real Coach and GM of the Browns already told you Hoyer wasn't the guy by drafting a QB in round 1. That was their clue to the rest of you that Hoyer, is a backup QB.

Point proven. Thank you.

You guys need to be careful. You can trip and fall backpedaling that hard.

How can I back-peddle from a stance I have taken from the get-go?

You are one seriously deluded dude. Certitude and obtusity all rolled into one, tightly wound package.

Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.

Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.

Think about that arrogance Hoorta.

So you happen to think he's a backup too. Great, we got it about 100 posts ago.

Of course the rankings by 26 NFL front office insiders doesn't matter.

Them saying things like "Hoyer and Henne drew positive reviews as backups, but not as starters. "Hoyer is a great backup," one defensive coordinator said. "He can win some games for you, but if he had to start all 16, that's going to be tough."" doesn't matter.

Him being undrafted and cut by 3 teams in the last 5 years doesn't matter.

Him coming out of camp last year in 3rd behind Campbell and Weeden, doesn't matter.

Him coming off a torn ACL doesn't matter.

The Browns going into the draft saying they're going to draft a QB in the 1st round, and doing so, doesn't matter.

None of it matters around here. Brian Hoyer is great and if you don't think so then you're stupid and a Manziel lover. Clearly you didn't watch the Bengals game last year. Anything said to the contrary doesn't matter and means you don't know anything about football.

Please stop reading and projecting into what's being said around here. Go find one post of mine where I said anything like- "I'm positive Hoyer is going to be great".

I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!

And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.

This is how out of touch with reality you have become.

Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.

Seems you can't get it through you think head- we aren't saying Hoyer IS the next Kurt Warner, we are saying it sure would be nice if that turns out to be the case. I for one have no idea if that will come to pass.

That's right, Stockton MIGHT happen- find one post of mine where I said WILL happen.. You seem to be in denial since it's happened in the past- it can't happen again- to the Browns.

See above- yeah- we got it about 100 posts ago what your opinion about Hoyer is. A bunch of us posters see it differently, as to the reason a quarterback was selected in the first round.

Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

Perfectly logical.

Actually, given the recent posts between us, it would seem like you would need to do the research before you post.

I'll take the 200 posts I was right about over the one I was wrong about.

But you can hang onto that one, I know you need it. Might even want to print it out and get it framed.

Hey Hoorta I'm going to guess you play the lottery all the time right?

I mean because you MIGHT win right? I mean it's happened to people before, so its perfectly logical to think it could happen to you. I hope you don't fly because people have died in plane crashes before. It MIGHT happen to you too. Be careful. Especially at the beach, shark attack man. Shark Attacks.

Perfectly logical.

All of those things might happen, yes. All you're doing is reinforcing the point that nothing is guaranteed.

Archived