THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer will start !

calfoxwc

Picasso have unrealistic ideas about the abilities of Brian Hoyer as well?

Maybe you do. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoyeBr00.htm I see one really bad game in his career, and a 80 QBR up there.

I like the blue.

Hoyer isn't going to be the starter long term. It's not a competition. Its a "Hoyer can start until we think Manziel is ready". Manziel isn't even competing against Hoyer he's competing against what the coaches expectations are. Once he meets those, Hoyer is out. Doesn't mean I think Manziel is going to be awesome, because I don't know. He could suck. However the idea that he's somehow competing to be the long term QB, and not being groomed to be the long term QB is wrong.

If you don't realize this, then you have low football IQ. There's no gray area here, that's the black and white of it.

Really Stockton- don't go continually insulting people if they don't happen to agree with your opinion- that's what got Mike H run out of town. That "black and white" happens to be your opinion. My opinion is Manziel was drafted by the Browns because the FO considered him to be a "value" pick in the bottom of the first- AND filled a need. Don't forget JFF was (not) thought of so highly by some scouts and analysts- they didn't even have a first round grade on him. Virtually everyone considered JF a Boom\Bust proposition pre-draft, and the Browns were playing with house money on that selection, those were bonus picks acquired from the Colts and Steelers. Farmer had the ammunition to roll the dice. :) So yeah, JFF just like they say in Missouri "Show Me (us)". I hope he does well just like Gilbert, and Bitonio. This kid isn't the Le Bron James "can't miss" of the football world- drafted in the same spot as Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden, he's got a lot to prove, and not just out on the practice field and preseason, when teams are playing don't show anything base defenses.

There's a ton of us wait and see guys out there. Should Hoyer light it up, Manziel is going to be sitting- for a long time. If he sucks in the first three games, you'll get your wish to see Manziel- after the bye week.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who has one of those?

WSS

betcha a stadium beer it happens

Bernie's ex wife might have one. lol

or how about an Austin fan w a #19 Kosar cowboys jersey covered w "Austin" worn this year? less probable, but wholly possible.

What do Picasso and Frisky have in common?

im thinkin u were just ribbin' me :rolleyes:, but just in case here's a refresher on my stance.

i'll admit, if the score were tied in overtime if JFF legitimately got them that far i'd rather have his intangibles and moxy in there for the final shootout. Hoyer is solid, but if Johnny can surpass him and stay healthy, his passion, unpredictability, and potential high ceiling could finally be the final major piece to our puzzle.

i just don't like bullies picking on ANY Browns, and although i play devil's advocate frequently poetic G and i actually have similar fandom to a great extent.

Im loving this, I mean I am surprised to see people double down on stupidity like this but keep it going. I want as much written for prosperity as possible.

Its like were playing poker and I have the absolute nuts and yet you keep raising my bet every street. Im stunned but really, thank you. Keep betting that Manziel might not start and Hoyer is a quality QB. You feel great now but soon enough it'll be time to turn over the cards.

My favorite is how its a knock on Manziel that he fell allll the way to 22nd in the first round, meanwhile its some kind of admirable positive that Hoyer went undrafted and has been cut three times in five years. Pleas continue that. Its amazing to see.

Im loving this, I mean I am surprised to see people double down on stupidity like this but keep it going. I want as much written for prosperity as possible.

Its like were playing poker and I have the absolute nuts and yet you keep raising my bet every street. Im stunned but really, thank you. Keep betting that Manziel might not start and Hoyer is a quality QB. You feel great now but soon enough it'll be time to turn over the cards.

My favorite is how its a knock on Manziel that he fell allll the way to 22nd in the first round, meanwhile its some kind of admirable positive that Hoyer went undrafted and has been cut three times in five years. Pleas continue that. Its amazing to see.

dude, every post of yours is the same.

i could repost your first post and it'll be the same as your last one.

come up with something original and try not sounding like a little douchebag when doing so.

Where have you read that Manziel "might not start"? I'd love to see where someone said "Manziel will never start for the Browns".

The big thing is that Hoyer led the Browns to wins in his limited exposure. Everyone wants Manziel to instantly start, but he hasn't even played a snap in an actual NFL game yet, unlike Hoyer, so there is absolutely no reason to rush him. I want whoever is going to win us games to start, but I firmly believe that Hoyer is that guy as of this moment in time given his experience. Until they get into an actual game we really just don't know because I know Weeden looked like a superstar last night in his first preseason game and we all know how legit that was.

The big thing is that Hoyer led the Browns to wins in his limited exposure.

He started, yes. That's legit. but led? IDK about that. His stats weren't that great.

Everyone wants Manziel to instantly start, but he hasn't even played a snap in an actual NFL game yet, unlike Hoyer, so there is absolutely no reason to rush him.

I agree there is no reason to rush Manziel. Who cares about winning? "No" reason?

Unlike Manziel, Hoyer hasn't taken game snaps in 5 straight weeks in over 5 seasons. this idea that Hoyer is experienced is odd to me. He's experienced at practice; let's not overstate this one. Dude hasn't even started 25% of a single NFL season. One season he spent on the practice squad.

I want whoever is going to win us games to start, but I firmly believe that Hoyer is that guy as of this moment in time given his experience.

Resign Vince!

Until they get into an actual game we really just don't know because I know Weeden looked like a superstar last night in his first preseason game and we all know how legit that was.

Finally. I agree.

it's just odd to me practice squad snaps count but SEC snaps don't.

Your arrogance is starting to get annoying. OK we got it- Manziel = all pro, Hoyer = career backup bum. Don't come back if you're wrong. And don't start crowing about your tremendous football acumen if you're right.

To all Johnny Football Fans, this is how you should do it:

"Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a huge JFF fan, and have been since high school. I don't know a whole lot about the Browns, but any team JFF plays for, I root for, so I will be learning as much as i can, as quickly as I can, so please be gentle!

I have high hopes for JFF because he's been successful at every level he has played, even when everyone around him said he would fail......... The guy just knows how to win. I know however, that this is his biggest jump ever, and his past success in no way indicates how he will do as a pro, but my hopes are high.

Hopefully the coaching staff brings Johnny along as slowly as possible, and only plays him when they feel he can handle it. I don't think any of us knows if that will be week 1 of this year, or hell, week 10 in 2 years........ Only time will tell.

So anyway, if our defense can play at an even higher level than they did last year, we should be in most games. Combine that with better coaching and a much improved running game, and we might be able to have a winning season this year, regardless of who's under center.

Oh yea.................. G O B R O W N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

To all Johnny Football Fans, this is how you should do it:

"Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a huge JFF fan, and have been since high school. I don't know a whole lot about the Browns, but any team JFF plays for, I root for, so I will be learning as much as i can, as quickly as I can, so please be gentle!

I have high hopes for JFF because he's been successful at every level he has played, even when everyone around him said he would fail......... The guy just knows how to win. I know however, that this is his biggest jump ever, and his past success in no way indicates how he will do as a pro, but my hopes are high.

Hopefully the coaching staff brings Johnny along as slowly as possible, and only plays him when they feel he can handle it. I don't think any of us knows if that will be week 1 of this year, or hell, week 10 in 2 years........ Only time will tell.

So anyway, if our defense can play at an even higher level than they did last year, we should be in most games. Combine that with better coaching and a much improved running game, and we might be able to have a winning season this year, regardless of who's under center.

Oh yea.................. G O B R O W N S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.

Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.

Think about that arrogance Hoorta.

Tell thats to the 26 NFL front office insiders that ESPN asked to rank the 32 starting QBs and ranked Hoyer 29th. They must just be Manziel lovers. Just haters. They all think Manziel is an All Pro because they think Hoyer is a backup.

where does manziel come in at on that list?

exactly.

Ranking starting qb's in the NFL just says that some qb's are with

teams with serious offensive weaknesses, and those qb's

didn't get to be successful as much. It's a bs ranking from the gitgo.

Let's just see how it all plays out, shall we?

Rankings are subjective nonsense.

Ranking starting qb's in the NFL just says that some qb's are with

teams with serious offensive weaknesses, and those qb's

didn't get to be successful as much. It's a bs ranking from the gitgo.

Let's just see how it all plays out, shall we?

Rankings are subjective nonsense.

Of course the rankings by 26 NFL front office insiders doesn't matter.

Them saying things like "Hoyer and Henne drew positive reviews as backups, but not as starters. "Hoyer is a great backup," one defensive coordinator said. "He can win some games for you, but if he had to start all 16, that's going to be tough."" doesn't matter.

Him being undrafted and cut by 3 teams in the last 5 years doesn't matter.

Him coming out of camp last year in 3rd behind Campbell and Weeden, doesn't matter.

Him coming off a torn ACL doesn't matter.

The Browns going into the draft saying they're going to draft a QB in the 1st round, and doing so, doesn't matter.

None of it matters around here. Brian Hoyer is great and if you don't think so then you're stupid and a Manziel lover. Clearly you didn't watch the Bengals game last year. Anything said to the contrary doesn't matter and means you don't know anything about football.

Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.

So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.

And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.

Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.

Stop with the hyperbole. Its not helping your point. I've not seen anyone say hoyer is great....rather they say it'd be nice to see what he is before we cast him aside.

So pull out the quotes, or answer tcpo (you fucking coward), or just shut your cry hole. Cause I'm certain you don't want the Cleveland contingent treating your lover boy the same way when he struggles.

And he will struggle. These fans turned on weeden in less than half a season. If the Lil guy, or hoyer for that matter, don't light it up, you'll be defending while we make the same argument against the midget as you are against hoyer.

Yes....mini-me will start at some point. Whether he's any good or not is the question.....same question remains about hoyer.

I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!

And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.

This is how out of touch with reality you have become.

Oh and I don't know what a tcpo is.

Produce the quotes then.

Cause if it was even said, methinks you are contorting the context to imply he will mirror the career rather than the path.

Thought you were a writer mike. Good luck with the website.....those 10 hits a day will generate mad money in ad revenue.

And stop acting like this isn't about manziel. You're just going with the backhand.

Produce the quotes then.

Cause if it was even said, methinks you are contorting the context to imply he will mirror the career rather than the path.

Thought you were a writer mike. Good luck with the website.....those 10 hits a day will generate mad money in ad revenue.

And stop acting like this isn't about manziel. You're just going with the backhand.

I have no idea what any of this means.

What quotes, and do you think I'm a man named Mike with a website?

And as I pointed out in the very first post I wrote on this board, I signed up because I was SHOCKED how many people loved Hoyer and thought he was good. Everyone of my posts has been about how unrealistic people think about Hoyer. I've said, nearly 50 times I'm sure that I don't know if Manziel will be good or bad. But I'm smart enough to know that he was taken by the Browns to replace Hoyer. That seems to be the part nobody can understand around here.

You just wrote an entire post where none of it makes sense/is right.

Interesting that you went with Flacco. He's certainly the most successful and his success does dispute my claim a tiny bit.

Only reason I went with Flacco was that the three, prior season starters for the Ravens were: Boller/ McNair/ Boller, neither of whom were on the '08 roster. Bouman and Smith backed up Flacco in '08, so it seemed obvious they were looking for a starter in a hurry and committed to him. So, ready or not, with a tight leash in place, they started him...

Tour, my statement Hoyer walks talks and acts like he has the job right now cannot be challenged, he has said it himself countless times. it's infallible.

Agree 100%... the latest comments concerning reps with the 1st vs. 2nd teamers from our two candidates only served to support the view.

im thinkin u were just ribbin' me :rolleyes:, but just in case here's a refresher on my stance.

Who me??? Ribbin'??? B)

And fyi to all...

What Frisky and Picasso have in common is they both went through their "blue period"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso's_Blue_Period

Ya may come for football, but ya gets art history for free...

First, TCPO = Tim Couch Pulls Out

Are you people really so delusional to think that anyone that thinks Brian Hoyer isn't a valid starting QB, MUST be a Johnny Manziel lover who has never watched the Browns? You can't grasp your head around the idea that Hoyer isn't very good, and the Browns need a replacement? It instantly goes to "Well no way does he see Hoyer as someone who isn't good, so it must be that he loves Manziel and has never watched the Browns". Doesn't matter how often I say I don't know if Manziel is going to be good, you never get past the point where I say "Hoyer isn't the answer" and you instantly go "Well hes just a hater". Never once have I ever alluded to saying Manziel is a clear All Pro, yet thats all hoorta can see because in his head that's the only way the amazing Hoyer loses his job.

I know it's probably due to my low football IQ, but I see more in Hoyer than you clearly do. I see a command of the pro game that JM has yet to show. At this point neither you nor I know for a fact how good (or bad) Hoyer will prove to be because his resume' is thin. And it is the thin resume as much as anything that led to his ranking in the poll you cited.

I've seen Brian Hoyer compared to Kurt Warner no less than 5 times on this website and in this very thread theres a debate about this situation being like the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation, and you're telling me nobody is trying to say Hoyer is great?!?!

And once again, because I think Hoyer is what he is, a backup QB, that means Manziel is my lover boy. Or is it Mini Me? Nobody has caught on that everything I saw is about how Hoyer isn't the guy and not once has there been anything saying that Manziel is good, great, or my lover boy.

This is how out of touch with reality you have become.

You are seriously misreading the comparisons... and we are the ones detached from reality?

And as I have posted before, it is highly unlikely that tonite is going to settle anything... at least not for the opened minded... which you cannot be counted among.

Archived