THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyer will start !

calfoxwc

Johnny will be the starter, someday. I don't know, or care when that day is, as long as he gives the Browns the best chance to win. I feel the same about the other 21 positions and 52 players as well.

Whatever is best for the Browns, I'm good with. I won't bang any drum for any player. I trust Pettine to do what gives us the best shot to win, week in and week out.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading message boards about Johnny since he was in HS. I haven't missed one of his games since he was a freshman in HS. You guys don't have ANYTHING on how bad the Texas AM board (TexAgs) slammed him until he finally got on the field. There was a lot of crow eating on that board. Sure I am a homer but the kid is something special. He has a rare combination of athletic ability, brains and heart. So far he has proved everybody wrong and I think the NFL is just the final step. He will never get a scholarship to a D! school. He will never start at a D1 school. He will never play QB at a D1 school. He will get crushed in the SEC. He will not win the Heisman as a freshman...blah blah blah. Johnny just wins or dies trying. Ok I am done for now :D

looks lilke everything isn't bigger in Texas.

shit-can that font and post like a man....assuming that's what you are

jff does have a history of shutting down the naysayers. my perception is that he uses the negativity as motivation. it's a mystery to me why there are so many jff haters out there in the

first place. he's prolly an arrogant prick which is ok in my book as long as his play can back up the smack factor.

the hurdle he faces now is whether or not the three hundred plus hits he took in college running the ball leave him with enough durability to become the qb leader the browns so

desperately need

Manziel won the job the minute he was drafted. Look at that link I posted. Tell me how many of those 1st round QBs have "Never" next to their first starts?

If you think Brian Hoyer is going to be the Browns QB long term, you have a low football IQ. We can match football IQs. You take the "Brian Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner" angle and I'll call you an idiot and we'll see how this plays out in history.

First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

First, I have made the same post as you in the past. I expect JM to start for us sometime in 2014 and he may even be THE starter from that game on this season. That's not the point... You have a bad habit of ignoring my main point in favor of some tangential argument. This is just the latest example. It's grown tiresome.

I see your logic as being "JM will be the starter therefore you may as well hand him the job now." If you can, please explain to me how I am wrong.

I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

doesn't everybody know by now that stocktonshorts is manziel's bitch?

there's no use trying to have a legit conversation with the guy because he ignores your point only to pile on with more johnny drivel.

fuck that asshole.

doesn't everybody know by now that stocktonshorts is manziel's bitch?

there's no use trying to have a legit conversation with the guy because he ignores your point only to pile on with more johnny drivel.

fuck that asshole.

Lol. I'm getting tired of just talking about manziel vs hoyer. Its just becoming a bitch fest with holier than thou new guys. Can't wait for the season to start so we can go back to the routine sky is falling vs everything will be Ok posts.

I hope the kid is electric and the saviour of Cleveland. I just tire of the constant banter from the fan boys.

I'll be totally honest. I know squat about Johnny. I've seen him play 1 CFB game, that's it. But his fanboys make me dislike him, and he hasn't even played a down yet for the Browns............ Stupid, I know, and I'm the first person to admit it's stupid, but it's just how it goes. If his fanboy, JFF lovers would just chill the fuck out and let his spot on the T E A M play itself out, it would be so much easier.

I'm 46yrs old (bitter and old according to Mike H Dickhead) and have never seen anything like JFF's fanboys.

Edit: OK, I have seen something like it before........ Tweener girls screaming and crying for the latest and greatest Boy Band.

I don't know how many times I've said JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY. Thats all the Browns are waiting on. When he gets to the level they think he needs to be at, he's the starter. How is that saying they should hand him the job now?

Everything the Browns are doing is about Manziel. Its all about getting him ready. When he's ready the job is his.

Goddam dude, your act is really getting annoying.

Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

Everyone agrees that WHEN HE'S READY, he will start. You seem to have your panties in a wad because,

UNTIL Johnny is ready, SOMEBODY has to play the QB position. And right now, based on his admittedly limited

past experience as a starter, that somebody is probably going to be Hoyer. Why does that make your head

want to explode?

The Browns are having a QB competition to determine who is going to START THE SEASON at QB. No one has ever

said differently. Where do you come up with the statement that the competition is to determine the Browns

long term QB? Does it offend you that JM may have to be the backup QB for however many games until he's

ready? Is being the backup for a few games beneath him?

Your hopeless, Charlie Brown. Utterly hopeless.

Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

and

"If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

It's called Boolean Algebra...

Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

Of course Manziel was drafted to (eventually) start. Why the fuck else would the Browns have drafted him?

I'll take a stab at that one...

Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

He reminds me of that Partnership for a Drug Free America commercial back in the 80's where the

guy is in a room walking in circles, saying "I buy coke so I can work longer, so I can make more money,

so I can buy more coke, so I can work longer...".

Saying "Johnny Manziel will start a game in the NFL" is hardly a bold move.

Saying that he's more mobile, more athletic and has higher upside is hardly a bold move.

Saying that the Browns drafted Manziel to be their starter is hardly a bold move.

Nothing you've said is in any way bold, foretelling, or genius.

Manziel will start for the Browns, probably Week 1. He is more mobile and has higher upside. But Hoyer deserves his shot to stave Johnny off. So far, he has. Johnny is making up ground, certainly, but he hasn't firmly taken ahold of that starting spot.

Until he does...he doesn't deserve it. Because, as you said, Hoyer is not a legitimate NFL QB. So, until Johnny firmly proves he's better than Hoyer, he's not a legitimate NFL QB either.

well that sums it up pretty well for me.

next.

Unlike mik, I'll ignore the last part...

Square what you are saying NOW, with what you said before...

Namely... square "JM will be the starter WHEN HES READY"

with "Ex player after Ex player will tell you, you learn nothing sitting on the sidelines. Go out, make a ton of mistakes, and learn. By year 2 you're a vet."

and

"If youre good then getting the mistakes out of the way is the best thing for you. You learn by playing not watching."

Seriously, resolve those stances for me because otherwise I'm left thinking you are saying "JM will never start, because he cannot get ready, if he does not start."

It's called Boolean Algebra...

You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

Get you heads out of your asses.

I'll take a stab at that one...

Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now. That hasn't happened since 2012, unless you think EJ Manual and Geno Smith were anything other than the best of some midling options.

The Browns drafted JM with the belief that it was highly probable that he could develop into a solid starter with time.

OK, you said it a lot better than I did, but you know what I meant...

Not a single QB was taken in the 2014 draft to start now.

That's not a fact but quite an inaccurate generalization.

Sure, the plan was to sit some of these guys but with the way Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater have played in Camp, I'm sure they could all 3 possibly start.

You don't understand differences in the argument of why Manziel shouldn't sit like Aaron Rodgers and why he will play when he is ready? Really?

Its funny to me that people are going on and on and on about "Manziel Fanboys" which I'm not seeing around here. I see people who understand Manziel is the future QB and thus appropriately follow him, but I don't see any dick sucking going on like the dick sucking for Hoyer.

Thats right. Its Hoyer Fanboys. Who so desperately want Hoyer to be the guy and they are so threatened by Manziel that they just cant take it.

You think you're in some kind of Disney movie where the hometown down and out kid comes home and saves the team. YAY!!! You can't handle the reality.

And thats all I care about is the reality. If it was Teddy B and you people were talking about Hoyer like this, I'd have the same things to say. It has nothing to do with Manziel and it has EVERYTHING to do with the delusional fans who think Hoyer is the next Kurt Warner (Which has been said MANY times).

While you're all complaining about how Manziel hasn't done anything to justify the hype, take a look at Hoyer. Talk about someone who hasn't justified the hype. There is no amount of Manziel love going on around that is even a fraction of the Brian Hoyer fantasy land that has developed. Cut three times, career backup, who has started 4 games in his career and only finished 3 of them, with accuracy issues coming off a torn ACL.....and you have people saying this situation is the Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers situation all over.

Go Browns

Once in a while I will meet a guy from Ohio whos a Steelers fan and claims it's because his father was a Steelers fan. I think thats unnatural but... As I see it if Johnny football takes the Cleveland Browns deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl and these Texas boys kids grow up rooting for the Cleveland Browns I'm good with it. I have no wish to see Brian Hoyer fail but neither do I have a wish to see Johnny football fail.

Welcome to the pound pardners.

WSS

pound partners.

now that's an idea..........

The D in pardners is very important in TX Mik. And Steve I don't quite understand the whole father was a fan so I'm a fan thing, not understanding that I mean. I'm a Browns fan because of my father and grandfather, I damn sure didn't choose this crazy ass team

why the big fuckin uproar over who's pimpin who"? neither qb camp has a valid justification to show their guy is the guy

it seems pretty clear to me. on the one hand you have a 4 year pro whose accomplishments are basically a three game winning streak before blowing out a knee. fundamentally he has the ability to manage a game beyond which there is not much to get your dick hard over.

enter a overhyped cocksure rookie whose resume includes being named the best player in college football. he seems smart enough to pick up the nuances of the pro game, but, to me, the question of his durability looms in a big way

factor in an a new coach, a new offensive scheme whose sole proven playmaker is facing a suspension of unknown length leaving a banged up tight end in the offensive playmaker spotlight.

unknown pages of posts leaves me scratching my head. September 7 can't get here soon enough. oh, by the way, the browns open on the road at the Heinz cow pasture.

I pissed on the bear's tombstone. war eagle

The D in pardners is very important in TX Mik. And Steve I don't quite understand the whole father was a fan so I'm a fan thing, not understanding that I mean. I'm a Browns fan because of my father and grandfather, I damn sure didn't choose this crazy ass team

I'm not talking about me or talking about other Ohio natives growing up as Browns fans like their fathers. I'm talking about people from other places following the team they grew up watching with their father. I've run into a few, not many.

And the D is the key, pard.

WSS

Once in a while I will meet a guy from Ohio whos a Steelers fan and claims it's because his father was a Steelers fan. I think thats unnatural but... As I see it if Johnny football takes the Cleveland Browns deep into the playoffs or Super Bowl and these Texas boys kids grow up rooting for the Cleveland Browns I'm good with it. I have no wish to see Brian Hoyer fail but neither do I have a wish to see Johnny football fail.

Welcome to the pound pardners.

WSS

I'm a Browns fan because my father was a Browns fan.

Dont include me among those idiots. Losing Romo would be a huge loss. After watching the Browns 2013 season on NFL Rewind i was horrified to see how Weeden played. I wanted Manziel because i was worried about Romos health. Weeks later Romo is having problems throwing the deep ball and rehabbing 4 hours a day on his back. Hopefully he is ready for the season.

If you watche the Wee-Done tame and were horrified, I have to assume the Cowboys also watched it and weren't? Us Browns fans would gladly have chipped in to buy Brandon a ticket out of town.

Yup, I understand you're playing- "heads I win, tails you lose".

Not seeing? Look in a mirror. :) U R in D-Nile.

The only thing us Browns fans can't take is yet another 4-12 season. And you have it wrong. It would be nice if Hoyer IS the guy & shocks the NFL- that gives the Browns a nice problem. You're the one who gives that zero possibility of happening.

Here's the reality- Manziel hasn't taken a snap yet in an NFL game- but you covered your ass on that angle too, saying "Manziel could fail",

Correction- we said it's at least possible, it would be a great story if it came to pass. If it was Teddy B- you wouldn't be here, I'd be willing to bet.

I'd say get your head out of Johnny's ass first. Hoyer's been cut three times yup, career backup to furture HOFer Tom Brady. Gee, Len Dawson only got cut twice. Hoyer's in good company getting axed by the Steelers- they not only cut Dawson, they cut Johnny Unitas for good measure. Kurt Warner was bagging groceries, and was a third string backup on the Rams in 1998. St Louis thought so little of him, he was available in the expansion draft. The entire NFL was so certain Burfict was a character risk, no one would touch him in the draft with a ten foot pole. You think NFL history might have been different if Atlanta hadn't traded Farve to Green Bay? Yeah, that one happened too The point is teams make mistakes in evaluation- all the time.

Archived