THE BROWNS BOARD

JF leapfrogs Hoyer (accord. to source)

Kvoethe

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're talking football son....go brush your teeth and get ready for bed.

I'm sure your fatass watching from your couch playing Monday Morning QB can see all throws Manziel should of hit working with guys who won't even most likely make the team.

But please, keep showing us the X's and O's Marty Mornhinweg

Well....I am watching the game for the third time.

Regardless....2 things you should notice in this last exchange.

1....everlasting tried to make a point on hoyer while simultaneously ignoring the same johnny.

2....he's bored yet hasn't replied.

Sucks when your argument gets flipped and used against you. Its also clear your simply a grudge poster trying to flex you muscles here, nickuwich, cause you ain't got the stones to talk football here let alone at the obr. Cause if you actually read my posts, you'd see I have no problem with jonhnnys play.

But alas, I'll wait till your balls drop before we go any further. Maybe that's why you envy johnny so....he gets ass and you're a unic....

Tough life bro....

My guess is they do 25 snaps each. Johnny first, then Hoyer. Shaw has been terrible. He is a practice squad player. Thigpen might stick around as insurance after Manziel and Hoyer gets hurt.

Thigpen looked like complete crap in the Lions game- he was sitting around waiting for a phone call for a reason.

IMG_20140811_182105928.jpg

Jonny's second pass attempt. 4 guys open, 2 covered by 1 defender that he is looking at, and he tucks and runs.

Nevermind the 1 yard gain he took by not throwing to Agnew who could have easily got 5-10 yards.

Sooooooooooo.......

Sorry i was watching the rest of the game and working at the same time. I was only in the first quarter and wanted to watch Hoyer again when i posted. I think my early posts explained pretty clearly what my point was. I have said a number of times i thought both QBs were a mixed bag. I thought Hoyer was really good on his final drive. Not sure who the unic/balls dropping comment was aimed at?

Some of the Manziel fans have been more reasonable than others- but Choco's pic, as they say "one picture is worth 1,000 words." The more obnoxious of the JF Fanboys think he's for sure gonna be Great, don't ya know? Well one of the true GOATS (Peyton Manning) would already have had the ball on it's way to any one of the numerous receivers that were wide open in that frame. I'll rest that as one of the reasons Manziel needs a lot of work- before he gets to toss passes against an NFL defense that's actually trying to disguise what they're doing.

&EV- this was one of my concerns regarding JF pre-draft- he locked onto his (covered) primary, didn't see (or look to see) other guys wide open, and took off running. Bad habit- I hope he can overcome it.

Do you realize how easy it is to look at the photo and play Monday Morning QB and from and elevated position.

No Agnew could not have EASILY gotten 5-10 yards. The linebacker at the Det. 47 would have stopped him most likely.

That's just a piss poor example to me. Who the fuck is Agnew and will he even make the team?

I am all for favor in sitting Johnny and giving Hoyer a healthy Cameron and drug free Gordon to see what we have.

But like I said, the amount of hate he's getting is just embarrassing. I've never seen a player where his own fans want him to fail. It's mentally ill and fucking pathetic that grown men have that attitude. Get the fuck over it already. I do hope he starts Monday night and let Hoyer start most of game 3 to give us a proper evaluation.

Bridgewater and Carr didn't look to hot at all. Bortles and Garrapolo looked very good.

And for fucks sake, Manziel has made this team relevant in the eyes of the national media which is something new and refreshing.

I'd rather have that than the same barrel assed blue collar woe is me aww darn and shucks attitude since 1999.

We've been the fucking poster child for the Benny Hill theme song for too long. Not no more.

Until we see JF given a true chance with and against 1's, we really won't know who moves this team best. We all know JF is on a learning curve with a new O. Advantage Hoyer.

But like it or not JF finds ways for teams to score and every team he has every played for believes he can do that, however unconventional it may appear.

Pettine has to be true to his word that JF gets a real shot.

i think he starts monday night.

like i said i heard saturday night he was to start the next 2 preseason games. i don't know how someone on tv can just report false information, but i guess it happens. wasn't it long ago that a reporter had to have more than one source with the same info to go to print with it? i guess the age of TMZ and twitter has changed all that. they all want to be the ones that break the story.

i don't think pettine is a liar. i believe manziel will get all the chances in the world to show what he can do. monday night football: national stage......if he starts no one can complain that he didn't get to show his stuff. let's see if he can bring it like all the JFFs think he can.

Thigpen looked like complete crap in the Lions game- he was sitting around waiting for a phone call for a reason.

Some of the Manziel fans have been more reasonable than others- but Choco's pic, as they say "one picture is worth 1,000 words." The more obnoxious of the JF Fanboys think he's for sure gonna be Great, don't ya know? Well one of the true GOATS (Peyton Manning) would already have had the ball on it's way to any one of the numerous receivers that were wide open in that frame. I'll rest that as one of the reasons Manziel needs a lot of work- before he gets to toss passes against an NFL defense that's actually trying to disguise what they're doing.

&EV- this was one of my concerns regarding JF pre-draft- he locked onto his (covered) primary, didn't see (or look to see) other guys wide open, and took off running. Bad habit- I hope he can overcome it.

Manziel's passing-only performance measured this way topped not only Manning's preseason debut in 1998 (72.4) but also the first preseason efforts of Matthew Stafford (71.7 in 2009), Cam Newton (66.6, 2011 ), Sam Bradford (58.8, 2010) and Andy Dalton (54.6, 2011). But it lagged well behind the still unproven Ryan Tannehill (106.6, 2012), EJ Manuel (102.7, 2013) and Geno Smith (94.6, 2013).

http://online.wsj.com/articles/how-johnny-manziels-debut-topped-peyton-mannings-first-game-1407708308

Manziel's passing-only performance measured this way topped not only Manning's preseason debut in 1998 (72.4) but also the first preseason efforts of Matthew Stafford (71.7 in 2009), Cam Newton (66.6, 2011 ), Sam Bradford (58.8, 2010) and Andy Dalton (54.6, 2011). But it lagged well behind the still unproven Ryan Tannehill (106.6, 2012), EJ Manuel (102.7, 2013) and Geno Smith (94.6, 2013).

http://online.wsj.com/articles/how-johnny-manziels-debut-topped-peyton-mannings-first-game-1407708308

Kellen Moore's passer rating was 131.1 on Saturday. What's your point? Besides the fact that preseason means literally nothing.

Kellen Moore's passer rating was 131.1 on Saturday. What's your point? Besides the fact that preseason means literally nothing.

Poster said that Peyton would've hit that guy already, just pointing out that Johnny had a better day passing than Peyton Manning did in his first start, so I think that the poster was wrong to assume Peyton, in his first start, would've done a better job than Johnny on that particular play.

BTW, what does mean something on this board? I've noticed that performing better in college, practice, and preseason games doesn't mean anything to some posters, so when do the snaps actually start counting?

Poster said that Peyton would've hit that guy already, just pointing out that Johnny had a better day passing than Peyton Manning did in his first start, so I think that the poster was wrong to assume Peyton, in his first start, would've done a better job than Johnny on that particular play.

BTW, what does mean something on this board? I've noticed that performing better in college, practice, and preseason games doesn't mean anything to some posters, so when do the snaps actually start counting?

Regular and postseason, ya know, when the games actually are important for the organization. Regular season wins get you to the playoffs while postseason wins gets you to a championsip.

Anything before that just gets you to the next practice.

Not my point- great if Manning wasn't stellar his first preseason start. Just pointing out to the JFF lovers how far he has to go- to be an efficient NFL starter.

That kind of waiting around will get you killed against the zone blitz Steelers.

What? Us board regulars just can't see how ready Manziel is to tear the NFL apart?

Kid goes what...7 of 11 with a couple of drops...which would have made him 9 of 11... no INTs... with the scrub line in....and you jeenyuses are worried about him locking onto recievers?

Seriously?

let's see how he does monday night against the #1s alright?

if he does great then you can hoot and howl. if he blows i guarantee you you'll be hiding under your bed.

let's see how he does monday night against the #1s alright?

if he does great then you can hoot and howl. if he blows i guarantee you you'll be hiding under your bed.

Why would I hoot and howl? I trust the coach to pick who's best. Why don't you Hoyer fan boys doo the same?

Regular and postseason, ya know, when the games actually are important for the organization. Regular season wins get you to the playoffs while postseason wins gets you to a championsip.

Anything before that just gets you to the next practice.

So what on earth is the Hoyer excitement around here about then? He hasn't done anything of note on the field during the regular season... and that has been over 5 seasons in the league.

So what on earth is the Hoyer excitement around here about then? He hasn't done anything of note on the field during the regular season... and that has been over 5 seasons in the league.

What excitement? No one here is overly excited about him. He did make 3 starts as a brown and those ended in 3 wins.

In those games he made some clutch throws and got the win at the end of the game. That's it. So yeah, based upon last year he looked pretty good. Maybe not great, but good enough to win games.

Why would I hoot and howl? I trust the coach to pick who's best. Why don't you Hoyer fan boys doo the same?

i'm a browns fan. not a hoyer or manziel fan. whoever the coaches pick is fine with me.

if it wasn't important to you then why come on here and suck manziel's dick?

you'll be around if manziel fails? cuz i'll be here if hoyer fails, gordon gets cut, another round of coaching and FO changes. yeah, i'll be here.

btw with 16 posts i really doubt that you just happened to join the forum as a browns fan, more like a johnny fan, which is totally different.

need i explain?

Hoyer has indeed done something of note on the field. In his first two starts last year he was able to accomplish something that no other Browns quarterback had been able to do over the last 5+ years - make the Browns offense look like a real NFL offense. Until Hoyer took the reins Browns fans were used to 3-and-outs, stalled drives, and tons of field goals. The most successful penetrations of the opponents' half of the field were the result of either a good punt return or a defensive turnover. Hoyer, with his ability to survey the field and get rid of the ball quickly, actually moved the Browns down the field from time to time, put points on the board, engineered a come-from-behind game-winning drive late in one contest, and generated a feeling of optimism among the fanbase when the Browns had the ball - instead of the agonized hope that (insert quarterback here) would not throw a pick/get sacked/over or underthrow his receiver/get his pass batted down at the line of scrimmage/do whatever it was that Brandon Weedon did.

Sure, Hoyer isn't an electrifying talent. He is what he is - an efficient, effective game manager. That type of quarterback, coupled with a tough defense, wins games in the NFL. It may not be the most exciting style to watch, but it works. And as my father said, "What works is what's right."

Brian Hoyer is right.

I'm 100% with you Suomi and couldn't have said it better myself. To everyone else. This has been the most entertaining thread I've read on the BB in quite a while!

i'm a browns fan. not a hoyer or manziel fan. whoever the coaches pick is fine with me.

if it wasn't important to you then why come on here and suck manziel's dick?

you'll be around if manziel fails? cuz i'll be here if hoyer fails, gordon gets cut, another round of coaching and FO changes. yeah, i'll be here.

btw with 16 posts i really doubt that you just happened to join the forum as a browns fan, more like a johnny fan, which is totally different.

need i explain?

I keep reading you say you are a Browns fan.

Don't really see any evidence of that, other than you keep saying it.

Which isn't enough evidence.

I keep reading you say you are a Browns fan.

Don't really see any evidence of that, other than you keep saying it.

Which isn't enough evidence.

You are funny but mostly just dumb. I was on here while you were still pulling milk from your mom's dick.

I would have to be one major troll to make a browns forum my home given their recent history.

Now go get your shine box bitch.

You are funny but mostly just dumb. I was on here while you were still pulling milk from your mom's dick.

I would have to be one major troll to make a browns forum my home given their recent history.

Now go get your shine box bitch.

There we go - I can buy you being a major troll. You're doing a fine job!

Kid goes what...7 of 11 with a couple of drops...which would have made him 9 of 11... no INTs... with the scrub line in....and you jeenyuses are worried about him locking onto recievers?

Seriously?

Watch NFL games much? Locking onto your wr on an out route results in the regular season (more often than not) into a pick six- want me to tell you what that is, and why it's a bad thing?

See Suomi's post Mr. Johnny Come Lately.

There we go - I can buy you being a major troll. You're doing a fine job!

Based on some of your posts, I doubt if you would know what a troll is- even if if one walked up to you and bit you in the ass. But go look in a mirror, and you'll see a one trick flamebaiter- just my 0.02.

Let me enlighten you- Mik is such a big troll he had several dozen custom t-shirts printed up for our last Browns Board Tailgate- at his expense. You may now shut your pie hole about Mik being a troll.

Watch NFL games much? Locking onto your wr on an out route results in the regular season (more often than not) into a pick six- want me to tell you what that is, and why it's a bad thing?

See Suomi's post Mr. Johnny Come Lately.

Based on some of your posts, I doubt if you would know what a troll is- even if if one walked up to you and bit you in the ass. But go look in a mirror, and you'll see a one trick flamebaiter- just my 0.02.

Let me enlighten you- Mik is such a big troll he had several dozen custom t-shirts printed up for our last Browns Board Tailgate- at his expense. You may now shut your pie hole about Mik being a troll.

Was "Browns" spelled correctly on them, or was it just pictures?

I dunno, sounds ghey to me, printing up a bunch of shirts about a group of men from other places hired to represent your town.

Were they sleeveless tshirts?

Archived