THE BROWNS BOARD

JF leapfrogs Hoyer (accord. to source)

Kvoethe

Sure, but most young quarterbacks tend to stare down the receivers. I dont think any of the play calls needed him to look off the safety. Most were simple out routes. It took Romo years to develop the art of looking off the coverage.

But it takes a lot of others less...

Seriously, it's not that hard. If you look at the Safety (usually the FS) to read him, which on downfield pass calls you want to do, then you also effectively freeze him. It's a twofer...

It's when you are looking for a receiver to come open that you stare them down.

So what on earth is the Hoyer excitement around here about then? He hasn't done anything of note on the field during the regular season... and that has been over 5 seasons in the league.

I yield to Suomi's reply...

Hoyer has indeed done something of note on the field. In his first two starts last year he was able to accomplish something that no other Browns quarterback had been able to do over the last 5+ years - make the Browns offense look like a real NFL offense.

Sure, Hoyer isn't an electrifying talent. He is what he is - an efficient, effective game manager. That type of quarterback, coupled with a tough defense, wins games in the NFL. It may not be the most exciting style to watch, but it works. And as my father said, "What works is what's right."

Brian Hoyer is right.

Edited somewhat, but still beautiful...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what on earth is the Hoyer excitement around here about then? He hasn't done anything of note on the field during the regular season... and that has been over 5 seasons in the league.

As noted....he is 3-0 as a starter for this team........and if you know our record over the last 15 years, you would know that that is something to acclaim......any port in the storm.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Browns-name-Brian-Hoyer-starting-quarterback-against-the-Redskins/900d0b63-be63-4941-a924-4f4b10d309a9

Still going to divide the reps with the number 1's. Ought to be plenty for both as the 1's often play into Q3 in the 2nd preseason game.

Mik will be a Manziel fanboy before the season is over. You ALL will be Manziel fanboys

you're funny.

never seen people like you guys that are so enamored with one player. it's weird that this forum has lasted all these years without the likes of manziel fans. as a matter of fact i think this board turned to shit hours after manziel was drafted.

sure all of us have favorite players BUT to actually own a blow-up doll of a midget and carry around pom poms in your back pockets...............uh, no.

(btw. i actually like, not love, manziel. i just really dislike a lot of you manziel fag boys.)

I just hope this brand new front office and coach arent trying to outsmart the whole world by playing silly little games.

Maybe I'm just more tuned in to the Cleveland Browns than other teams but it doesn't seem like the successful franchises are dicking around with no idea the starting quarterback might possibly be.

And if they are really dragging the league off by trying to trade Hoyer well that sounds like a strategy they can blow up in your face.

WSS

This game is meaningless.

So not give Manziel his first true test at starting and keep Hoyer the starter for week 1 and preseason game 3 ?????

Once again, Pettine inspires little confidence in Manziel and if the team comes out flat on their ass again like they did vs. Detroit, it won't matter who the QB is week 1 because we'll of found ourselves another boring fucking crone of a head coach.

given the fact that the whole JF media circus frenzy is on the guy's back i think pettine is doing just fine.

maybe he's starting hoyer monday night to teach all the media outlets that had pronounced JF the starter a lesson. it's amazing how these huge sports networks just come up with their own stories.

just because hoyer is starting does not mean manziel will not take reps with the 1s and against the 1s. if people would actually read the 'official' presser that pettine gave they wouldn't be all up in arms.

once again JF fans making a big deal out of nothing.

don't worry fags i'm sure JF and RG3 will give you plenty of time for your anticipated pants around the ankle, crisco fest.

Latest rumor...

CBS is planning to dispatch their top announcers (Nantz and Sims) to the opener because they have been "tipped off" as to the starter.

I swear you cannot make this shit up...

I do like how Pettine has dealt with the circus. The guy is very chill. I think he has some qualities that will make him a long term head coach. I kindof see him in the same mold as Rex Ryan. Nothing phases him. In the end, i think defensive minded head coaches have trouble putting offenses together. They are at the mercy of their offensive coordinator.

Not sure i am a fan of Shanny. I think his scheme is too restrictive and a little outdated with the read option stuff. 18 words in a play call? Fuck! Spread out hurry up offense is the way to go in todays NFL.

Good stuff... except for the Rex Ryan comparison. Have I mentioned I have loathed Rex? Past tense because he has toned it down some. Anywho...

Some former DC's seem to be able to translate their understanding of an defense into an offensive scheme to defeat it. Belichick seems the obvious example. I think Mangini actually was capable as well. Landry may be the classic example. We'll see if Pettine is a candidate for that list.

ibleedbrown's thread on Hurry-up links to an article that talks about the shortening of the play calls for our no-huddle. So you and the new guy, wahdupPUP, can relax on that point.

But again, I am with you... not too sure about Shanny Jr...

Eric Mangini was the worst coach in the NFL and the worst coaching hire of the return.

Opinions vary, and there are plenty around here that share yours, I just am not one of them.

Nonetheless I stand by my comment which was about his football mind, not his coaching ability.

PFT reports that Manziel was late to a meeting on Monday. Other rookies were late aswell, said they misread the schedule. Not sure if that played a factor.

BTW, Mik can you pull a Robin Williams already? Fuck you are annoying with your obsession with cock, dick and balls. Go find you a bathhouse already. Holy hell!

How bout you gtfo. Miks been round here forever and if you cant handle his posts (which are spot on with the manziel jock sniffers) then fuck off and find a Johnny TMZ forum.

I just hope this brand new front office and coach arent trying to outsmart the whole world by playing silly little games.

Maybe I'm just more tuned in to the Cleveland Browns than other teams but it doesn't seem like the successful franchises are dicking around with no idea the starting quarterback might possibly be.

And if they are really dragging the league off by trying to trade Hoyer well that sounds like a strategy they can blow up in your face.

WSS

Maybe Manziel isn't outplaying Hoyer?

We need to stop second guessing what's going on.

That weird vibe/attitude in coming mainly from the JFF Fanboys that joined the forum in May. Natural selection will take out the really faggy ones, and the few that remain will probably fit right in.

That weird vibe/attitude in coming mainly from the JFF Fanboys that joined the forum in May. Natural selection will take out the really faggy ones, and the few that remain will probably fit right in.

Johnny Manziel is a member of the Cleveland Browns and the future of the organization.

Take a deep breathe and let that sink in. Good.

easy. They're a sensitive bunch. Dish but can't take it.

They are the quintessential definition of cowardly bullies.

Stick that up your ass hoorta, bik, and all you other dickheads. Might as well go out with a bang again. You pussies.

That would be correct Jock Itch. I see you need a Lamisil treatment to cure insulting behavior. Take a chill pill, and see ya in a month or two.

Don't kill yourself when Hoyer starts against the Steelers.

Really guys- dissenting opinions are OK, but when noobs come in, start spewing, insult everyone in sight- well- I take the Jock Head's post as a dare. Dare accepted.

Take note about the A&M migrants we've accepted, and some even welcomed.

1) They have something intelligent to say.

2) they don't start personal attacks against long time regulars who don't agree with them.

Serious question here, list off what Hoyer does better than Johnny?

He's not more accurate. His completion percentage is lower than Johnny's so far in camp and in preseason game.

He's not faster. That's lol to discuss.

He doesn't have a better arm.

He's not smarter.

He has been in the league six years and he's played three games. He blew his knee out in the third game (just something for all the "Johnny will get hurt" guys to remember").

He was a pretty average qb in a pretty average conference in college.

So what does Hoyer do better? He's taller. Is that it?

And by any objective measure, Johnny has beat out Hoyer at this point. If Hoyer ends up starting, it will only be because the coaching staff is afraid to bench the "hometown" favorite. I can respect that, but at the same time I know that there is one qb on your roster that is a potential HOF player, and it isn't Hoyer.

Archived