THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

TexasAg1969

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Browns showed alot of fight. Impressed with their second half comeback. Something to build on.

Getting better in the second half... definetly something to look forward to. The reason Chud and co. got canned was b/c the team seemed to get worse as the games, and the season, went on. Look at Jax... they looked like the "same ol' Browns" blowing a 17-0 lead. We looked more like a mentally and physically tough team who wasn't going to give up after a stinker of a 1st half. But, just like always... last minute blowing the game instead of last minute heroics. Possibly the last hurdle for this team to leap to become a contender...

Getting better in the second half... definetly something to look forward to. The reason Chud and co. got canned was b/c the team seemed to get worse as the games, and the season, went on. Look at Jax... they looked like the "same ol' Browns" blowing a 17-0 lead. We looked more like a mentally and physically tough team who wasn't going to give up after a stinker of a 1st half. But, just like always... last minute blowing the game instead of last minute heroics. Possibly the last hurdle for this team to leap to become a contender...

Indeed. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They have GOT to learn how to finish games! Like I said though, I was encouraged by what I saw in the 2nd half. They didn't mail it in after being down 27-3.

Ben was sacked by the Bills 4 times last season(not preseason) and it was said Ben was only sacked 8 times in the last 1/2 of the season.....sooo, 1/2 of those sacks came in one game and it happened to be against Mike Pettines defense....

Fair enough. It was still the steelers offensive line without pouncey and the steelers didn't have a hall of fame line coach last season. The fact of the matter is health permitting the steelers have one of the best interior lines in all of football.

The problem here(for Steelers fans), is that we have great "edge" rushers and the Steelers have Marcus Gilbert. Even with all the negative talk about our guy Schwartz, Gilbert is possibly the worst starting RT out there. A HUGE liability for the Stoolers. He will be exposed and Ben will be running for his life. It's just a matter of whether he can unload the ball before we unload on him.

It will be very very close.....

Go check pft. The steelers don't resign this season "one of the worst right tackles in the NFL". He also came in to camp in great shape, the best of his career and we have a hall of fame line coach. Beachum at Lt tackle is also very athletic and turning heads because he lacks the protypical size but is very strong with his hands. The line the steelers have now could be the best line Ben has ever had, certainly the most athletic.

I think you have Gilbert confused with Mike Adams.

Nope. Not Mike Adams. "Gilbert". Same guy who sucked last season too. And everyone wants to knock Schwartz. Smh.

Gilbert was credited with allowing 3 sacks.....oddly enough, by our edge rushers....he actually made Kruger look like a beast.....

And Big Ben was sacked 4 times total....(which looks pretty good, considering only 8 were allowed the whole second 1/2 of last season)

Based upon this, has the Browns rush gotten better or has the Steelers line gotten worse...????

Id say it's the Browns who have gotten better,,,,

It's week one of the NFL season and despite getting sacked your defense got absolutely destroyed in the first half. The browns possessed the ball in the 2nd half and penalties backed the steelers up on more than one occasion. The browns have a nice defensive line but all of the sacks on Sunday came from Ben being Ben and trying to make a play past the point where he should. You have to take the good with the bad.

It's week one of the NFL season and despite getting sacked your defense got absolutely destroyed in the first half. The browns possessed the ball in the 2nd half and penalties backed the steelers up on more than one occasion. The browns have a nice defensive line but all of the sacks on Sunday came from Ben being Ben and trying to make a play past the point where he should. You have to take the good with the bad.

I don't understand your post here. Your offense got destroyed in the 2nd half, mostly by Ben trying to make those same plays that were successful in the 1st half. The Browns dline got it done and didn't rely on the officials missing a couple blatant holdings. You do take the good with the bad, of which we saw the extremes from both teams in each half. Interesting to say the least...

The browns have a nice defensive line but all of the sacks on Sunday came from Ben being Ben and trying to make a play past the point where he should. You have to take the good with the bad.

..Nope....all those sacks came because Kruger and Sheard beat the crap out of Gilbert and, once our D woke up, they owned your team...was too little too late.....

As usual, we beat ourselves. The Stoolers won this one because we snoozed for a whole 1/2.....we'll be wide awake next time...

I don't understand your post here. Your offense got destroyed in the 2nd half, mostly by Ben trying to make those same plays that were successful in the 1st half. The Browns dline got it done and didn't rely on the officials missing a couple blatant holdings. You do take the good with the bad, of which we saw the extremes from both teams in each half. Interesting to say the least...

Compare penalty yardage and then come talk to me about the officiating. The steelers were backed up a few times inside their own 20 with at least one resulting from archer coming out of the end zone when he should have taken a knee. If ike Taylor could catch the momentum the browns had would have been squashed in the 3rd. Remind me which quarterback drove the ball down field for the game winner and then come talk to me about "getting owned". You all wear blinders when its convenient.

Compare penalty yardage and then come talk to me about the officiating. The steelers were backed up a few times inside their own 20 with at least one resulting from archer coming out of the end zone when he should have taken a knee. If ike Taylor could catch the momentum the browns had would have been squashed in the 3rd. Remind me which quarterback drove the ball down field for the game winner and then come talk to me about "getting owned". You all wear blinders when its convenient.

I'm just reading my own posts and having an issue finding the word "owned". As for penalty yardage, it should have been much higher on the Steelers side, but hey, shit happens. The Browns were inside their own 20 because Benjamin didn't take a knee. So I guess that was the reason they were having such issue in the 1st half? Its all making sense now. Remind me which QB was the beneficiary of the refs mishaps in the 1st half?... We're all a bunch of homers, including yourself. Deal with it, Vag.

I'm just reading my own posts and having an issue finding the word "owned". As for penalty yardage, it should have been much higher on the Steelers side, but hey, shit happens. The Browns were inside their own 20 because Benjamin didn't take a knee. So I guess that was the reason they were having such issue in the 1st half? Its all making sense now. Remind me which QB was the beneficiary of the refs mishaps in the 1st half?... We're all a bunch of homers, including yourself. Deal with it, Vag.

How did Ben benefit from the refs? And no it shouldn't have been much higher. Haden who is a good corner was holding brown allll game and getting away with it. Just take the loss. On my steelers board if the steelers lose its not a bunch of excuses. You all are a damn excuse factory.

How did Ben benefit from the refs? And no it shouldn't have been much higher. Haden who is a good corner was holding brown allll game and getting away with it. Just take the loss. On my steelers board if the steelers lose its not a bunch of excuses. You all are a damn excuse factory.

Fuck you, I"ve seen the Steelers boards. You assholes are still blaming the zebra's for the Pack kicking your ass. If you're going to mention Haden holding, then I'd also like to see the sometimes not so subtle push offs by your receivers call as well. Finally, how did Ben benefit? The biggest one I can think of is the lack of a call when Kruger was clearly being hooked going after Ben on his long TD to Brown.

Beating up the steelers and making a game of it has not sat well in Pitt.....phones on talk radio lit up all day. People are legitimately worried what will happen when they face a "real offense".

Let's be real here steelers fans....only good thing out ta this game is the W. Otherwise, you're exposed.

Fuck you, I"ve seen the Steelers boards. You assholes are still blaming the zebra's for the Pack kicking your ass. If you're going to mention Haden holding, then I'd also like to see the sometimes not so subtle push offs by your receivers call as well. Finally, how did Ben benefit? The biggest one I can think of is the lack of a call when Kruger was clearly being hooked going after Ben on his long TD to Brown.

Its not the case on my steelers board and what is it with some of you and the childish name Calling. I stand by this mantra, if I won't say it to your face I'm not going to say it on a internet message board. Grow up.

Beating up the steelers and making a game of it has not sat well in Pitt.....phones on talk radio lit up all day. People are legitimately worried what will happen when they face a "real offense".

Let's be real here steelers fans....only good thing out ta this game is the W. Otherwise, you're exposed.

Sports talk radio is sports talk radio. Certain facets of the populace go all defcon 5 and others stay more grounded. I'm not worried about the steelers yet and I'm certainly not worried about the offense.

Talking smack about somebody WINNING a Super Bowl!!

And exactly WHAT did Raplisberger do to contribute to that SB victory?. . . That's right Jack Shit!

The Stoolers won that game not because of what he did, but in spite of what he did (along with the help of the refs).

I typed that slow so you would u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d.

Archived