THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK!

TexasAg1969

Thats crazy. I promise Big Ben eats dirt all day long. And he will pay for waiting to throw. He might beat the rush a few times. But he will pay. He will be a very sore man sunday night.

Sacked a meager 8 times the final half of last season without pouncey and decastro still developing. Munchak as the line coach. I don't see Ben going down a whole lot this year, even less if the no huddle is part of the base offense. The super awesome browns defensive front seven didn't even touch his shoulder pads the last time the two teams met.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacked a meager 8 times the final half of last season without pouncey and decastro still developing. Munchak as the line coach. I don't see Ben going down a whole lot this year, even less if the no huddle is part of the base offense. The super awesome browns defensive front seven didn't even touch his shoulder pads the last time the two teams met.

That same wonderful Oline you speak of has seriously regressed this offseason/pre-season. Ben faced a pretty decent amount of pressure last time I watched.

Oh. And he was sacked 4 times by the BIlls. Pettine has better players here. Well see what happens.

I don't think you have to sack him so much as pressure him into hurrying his throws. BigBen is a heavy timing pattern pocket passer these days...make him throw the ball before he wants to and you should get some good stops. My hope for you guys is that Hoyer shows up to play like he did before his injury last year. He looked shaky in pre season, but all that matters is how he looks come game day.

It's like when you were kids and Christmas was coming. Despite being a little brat all year you were convinced that Santa was going to bring you everything you ever wanted, despite the fact that what you wanted was worth more than your parents could afford, and you thought you were going to get it every year since you were 3 and you were now 17 and still thinking Santa would certainly bring it this year.

Browns fans and Browns media have to live the unicorn and rainbow life because reality is just not acceptable in northeast Ohio when it comes to hometown sports.

My feelings are now hurt

That same wonderful Oline you speak of has seriously regressed this offseason/pre-season. Ben faced a pretty decent amount of pressure last time I watched.

Based on what the preseason with vanilla offense and defense? Seriously? You then mention the offseason like we lost guys. We gained maurkice pouncey. Please explain.

The D needs to bring it's concentration to third downs, not get all skitty and move the chains for them. Sacking Big Gay Ben is a given but it aint going to happen on every play.

Make the fuckers punt and play our own game on O. We only need one more point than them.

Fuck the Steelers. The only barrier to winning is in the heads of our players.

The defense needs to get off of the field on 3rd down. The offense needs to sustain a couple of long scoring drives that actually produce TOUCHDOWNS when in the red zone and not field goals! Finally, if you get a lead, keep the foot on the pedal, to silence the crowd, and DO NOT allow any opportunity for their shithead fans to get back into the game! Or the refs! :P

yeah once again getting no respect.

you know what fuck them and fuck the steelers. we're winning straight up with nothing flukey about it.

doubt we'll see any of these stooler cream puffs here sunday night or monday morning as they'll be too busy eating their shit sandwiches.

yeah once again getting no respect.

you know what fuck them and fuck the steelers. we're winning straight up with nothing flukey about it.

doubt we'll see any of these stooler cream puffs here sunday night or monday morning as they'll be too busy eating their shit sandwiches.

Well, it's obvious that ESPN has an anti-Cleveland bias, and an anti-Ohio bias in general. I mean, you know they were pissed as all Hell when Lebron made the decision to come back here instead of choosing to stay in Miami, or go play for another large market. Having said that though, to get respect, you have to win games, something the Browns have failed to do since coming back in 1999. Even then ESPN would still hate on us! So, you're right, fuck them, and fuck the Steelers! There is a lot of positive shit happening in this town right now, and it would be nice if the Browns would be so kind as to continue the positive momentum by going down there, and bitch slapping those piss and black assholes in their house on opening day! There is no more room for excuses! These players are professionals! It's time for them to find it within themselves to get over the Steelers "mystique" man up, and hit these fools in the mouth!

I like that we go in to this game expected to poop the bed. This is a game of psychology as much as field based tactics. Our D will be truly rabid, if they can balance this aggression with smarts, then it will not be easy for the cousin-lovers to get rhythm going, it will shift their game mentality. None of us know what to expect with the O, truly, but we will score, our ground game will give us options that Hoyer has shown he can convert. On the day, I say we step up and give those bastards a bloody good smack in the mush. As long as we don't run to the fight and let adrenaline shut the brain off. 13 - 10 Browns.

Based on what the preseason with vanilla offense and defense? Seriously? You then mention the offseason like we lost guys. We gained maurkice pouncey. Please explain.

Lets not pretend like Pouncey will be playing a whole season. The first time that asshole sneezes he'll be hurt. Also, you kill your own attempt at a counter argument because opposing defenses are playing equally as vanilla and you're still getting beat up front. While I'm a 'show me' kind of Browns fan, I also hold that same regard for everything. Aside from a magical stretch at the end of last year, your Oline hasn't really been too much of anything consistent for some time. Need I remind you that the Ravens Oline looked like the 95 Cowboys on their way to the Superbowl? That didn't last long for them either...

As others have said, I think its all about our mentality come Sunday. Our boys need to he fucking enraged everyone is writing them off once again and come out swinging.

Jumbo sets and inside zone runs early and often are key on O. Run the fucking ball on all three downs if need be, show them we came to pound them into oblivion. Tate needs to rip a couple long runs and hoyer needs to get play action up and poppin early as well.

On D we just need to play hard and consistent. I would really like to see aggressive smart play with one or two instances of our guys straight laying out one of their receivers coming acroas the middle (whitner I'm looking at you). Fuck the refa, let them throw the flag, just make Brown fucking piss himself or better yet knock his ass outta the game.

Go browms! We can fucking do it boys! Like pettine said when he got hired, it's time to rip off the reae view mirror. Smack these cocky, pittspuke fags in the mouth and bring us home a W.

As others have said, I think its all about our mentality come Sunday. Our boys need to he fucking enraged everyone is writing them off once again and come out swinging.

Jumbo sets and inside zone runs early and often are key on O. Run the fucking ball on all three downs if need be, show them we came to pound them into oblivion. Tate needs to rip a couple long runs and hoyer needs to get play action up and poppin early as well.

On D we just need to play hard and consistent. I would really like to see aggressive smart play with one or two instances of our guys straight laying out one of their receivers coming acroas the middle (whitner I'm looking at you). Fuck the refa, let them throw the flag, just make Brown fucking piss himself or better yet knock his ass outta the game.

Go browms! We can fucking do it boys! Like pettine said when he got hired, it's time to rip off the reae view mirror. Smack these cocky, pittspuke fags in the mouth and bring us home a W.

Now that's what I'm talking about! You bet your ass Pittsburgh is going to take their cheap shots! Give it back to them! As for play action, Hoyer needs to take a couple of deep shots early on, along with a fast tempo to keep their defense off balance, and take the crowd out of the game!

Lets not pretend like Pouncey will be playing a whole season. The first time that asshole sneezes he'll be hurt. Also, you kill your own attempt at a counter argument because opposing defenses are playing equally as vanilla and you're still getting beat up front. While I'm a 'show me' kind of Browns fan, I also hold that same regard for everything. Aside from a magical stretch at the end of last year, your Oline hasn't really been too much of anything consistent for some time. Need I remind you that the Ravens Oline looked like the 95 Cowboys on their way to the Superbowl? That didn't last long for them either...

I'm not sure what pressure you are talking about. Teams are testing things in the preseason. Ben wasn't sacked 4 times by the bills in the preseason. The only qb to get sacked in that game was our 3rd stringer Landry Jones. Pouncey may get dinged up but he's not dinged now and the steelers thought enough of him to give him an extension. Anyone that puts any kind of stock in the preseason as an indicator of what to expect in the regular season is an idiot.

I'm not sure what pressure you are talking about. Teams are testing things in the preseason. Ben wasn't sacked 4 times by the bills in the preseason. The only qb to get sacked in that game was our 3rd stringer Landry Jones. Pouncey may get dinged up but he's not dinged now and the steelers thought enough of him to give him an extension. Anyone that puts any kind of stock in the preseason as an indicator of what to expect in the regular season is an idiot.

Ben was sacked by the Bills 4 times last season(not preseason) and it was said Ben was only sacked 8 times in the last 1/2 of the season.....sooo, 1/2 of those sacks came in one game and it happened to be against Mike Pettines defense....

By half time!

Yes, but the Browns need to make the necessary second half adjustments (something in previous years they've failed to do), and immediately force a 3 and out if they get the ball first, or go on a long drive and get points if they get the ball first. In short, they cannot afford to let up at all if they want to beat the Steelers.

Ben was sacked by the Bills 4 times last season(not preseason) and it was said Ben was only sacked 8 times in the last 1/2 of the season.....sooo, 1/2 of those sacks came in one game and it happened to be against Mike Pettines defense....

Fair enough. It was still the steelers offensive line without pouncey and the steelers didn't have a hall of fame line coach last season. The fact of the matter is health permitting the steelers have one of the best interior lines in all of football.

Fair enough. It was still the steelers offensive line without pouncey and the steelers didn't have a hall of fame line coach last season. The fact of the matter is health permitting the steelers have one of the best interior lines in all of football.

I thing best is way over stating it... Formadible..Maybe.....

Now that's what I'm talking about! You bet your ass Pittsburgh is going to take their cheap shots! Give it back to them!

No thanks... just hard, clean football on our part.

I think it's key that they hit the ground running and take the lead early. Taking too much time to warm up and then coming out after the half looking improved won't be enough. (Of course doing well in the first half and then falling apart in the second is a show we've all seen before as well.) Consistent good play is what I want to see, at the minimum.

Archived