THE BROWNS BOARD

Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks?

plumcrazy73

Now you've got your team motto to go along with your new logo, the asterisk.

Zombo

--Mrs. Freak has the same motto from what I hear...

Way to take it from out of Context. And Did you Play sports ? Tell me your coaches didnt show you things to get around the Rules of the Game ! So..again with Huge $$$$ Riding on Performance , we are surprised ? Come on man...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way to take it from out of Context. And Did you Play sports ? Tell me your coaches didnt show you things to get around the Rules of the Game ! So..again with Huge $$$$ Riding on Performance , we are surprised ? Come on man...

Yeah, I played football, basketball, baseball ... and remarkabley, not one coach asked if it was OK to take a syringe full of an illegal human growth hormone that would be detrimental to my long-term health and inject it in my ass so that I could be bigger and stronger than the other kids and inflict my will upon them.

Nope. Can't say that happened.

Zombo

Yeah, I played football, basketball, baseball ... and remarkabley, not one coach asked if it was OK to take a syringe full of an illegal human growth hormone that would be detrimental to my long-term health and inject it in my ass so that I could be bigger and stronger than the other kids and inflict my will upon them.

Nope. Can't say that happened.

Zombo

Dude I agree with THAT...But we were taught to stretch and even Break rules. So move up to the Pros and $$$$$$ is large...I am just saying NO SURPRISE.

It's actually still alive due to your boys who feel the need to play white knight after every post. They don't even realize they are being strung along. Not the brightest bunch out there on the net I can tell you that

Maybe we Like being strung along...what else we gonna do...Talk about the Pirates latest 5 yr. plan ??? I will watch baseball and roll my eyes into the back of my head. But I will watch.

Dude I agree with THAT...But we were taught to stretch and even Break rules. So move up to the Pros and $$$$$$ is large...I am just saying NO SURPRISE.

No surprise if you are a Steeler. That was the only way they were ever going to go from 40-year old doormat to a Super Bowl team.

They are paying the price now with all these dead young men.

Hope it was worth it.

Zombo

It's actually still alive due to your boys who feel the need to play white knight after every post. They don't even realize they are being strung along. Not the brightest bunch out there on the net I can tell you that

<_<

and the Steelroids will forever be remembered not for winning but for cheating.

According to the Pittsburgh Steeler: "False Glory is a True story!" Hard to find better scoreboard than checkmate.

My advice: finish that 6 pack, get some well needed sleep and buy some more beer tomorrow Joey! I know you're depressed but if you kill enough brain cells drinking - you'll remain too confused to feel the emotional pain. If someone tells you they think you have a drinking problem - you just ask them "does it look like I'm having any trouble drinking?"

As you were...,

- Tom F. (And about that college basketball team: "Beware the Ides of March!")

Remember this warning I gave yinz about Mid March??? I know your town has liked the needle since Salk passed through there so I thought I'd needle yinz a little more. Just imagine if dirty needles made basketballs go through hoops better - there'd be more parades in Pittsburgh. Just be happy the kids will live longer. If you're gonna cheat at anything - cheat death! The soul ain't for sale kids!!!!

- Tom F. (How about my HOT Syracuse Orangemen from Upstate, NY?)

can we please stop talking about this. everyone is just repeating themselves. this has gone on long enough. it's put this thread to rest.

I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

Keeps 'em humble you know.

I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

Keeps 'em humble you know.

Of Riff-daddy. The chargers article said plenty to "debunk" the stereotype that parades it's way through this thread on each page. Believe what you will but Steroids did not bring the 6 lombardi's to Pittsburgh. The end.

Of Riff-daddy. The chargers article said plenty to "debunk" the stereotype that parades it's way through this thread on each page. Believe what you will but Steroids did not bring the 6 lombardi's to Pittsburgh. The end.

The Chargers article does NOT supercede what has been prononced the steroids era and what team was labelled by an overwhelming majority as the steroids poster boys. We could compare premature funerals but I think you stay just as disappointed with the results. If you're gonna CHEAT - cheat death by remembering the soul ain't for sale.

Like the former Steeler said - unfortunately False Glory is a True Story!

- Tom F. (When I think of the 70s, like any fan outside of Pittsburgh, if I hear Steeler the first word I associate that with is Stee-roid)

This is what stains fans don't get - starting lies like this thread just piles on to the massive heap of bad karma that's burying the stains organization.

So now your franchise is destined for another 10 years of pathetic losing, staph infections and star signings getting drunk and killing people.

Regards

.... an'at

This is what stains fans don't get - starting lies like this thread just piles on to the massive heap of bad karma that's burying the stains organization.

So now your franchise is destined for another 10 years of pathetic losing, staph infections and star signings getting drunk and killing people.

Regards

.... an'at

Massive Bad Karma...Do you mean it could get worse ??

The Chargers article does NOT supercede what has been prononced the steroids era and what team was labelled by an overwhelming majority as the steroids poster boys. We could compare premature funerals but I think you stay just as disappointed with the results. If you're gonna CHEAT - cheat death by remembering the soul ain't for sale.

Like the former Steeler said - unfortunately False Glory is a True Story!

- Tom F. (When I think of the 70s, like any fan outside of Pittsburgh, if I hear Steeler the first word I associate that with is Stee-roid)

1. If the 70's is proclaimed the "Steroid Era" then roids must have been widespread througout the league. Right? If most players used them then no one actually got an advantage; therefore, putting astricks on any team for steriod use in the 70's is very illogical.

2. Who exactly are these "overwhelming majority" who beleive the Steelers were the first to use roids? I bet most of them are disgruntled fans, such as the ones who are on this board. Just becuase people WANT to believe Steelers were the poster boys of it or they believe it out of IGNORANCE of the truth doesn't make them right or justify putting an astricks on anything.

Squeelroids: First NFL team to incorporate 'roids in their program.

Superbowl tropies replaced by asterisks.

Squeelroids have never won a superbowl without cheating

"steel" logo on helmets replaced with asterisk.

Just becuase people WANT to believe Steelers were the poster boys of it or they believe it out of IGNORANCE of the truth doesn't make them right or justify putting an astricks on anything.

I know that you know the Chargers were the first team in the NFL to make widespread use of roids in 1963. I don't know why I even responded to your denails and didn't just luagh it off.

Steroid dealers love the Squeelers so much most of them have pictures of the '70's teams in their office.

Squeelroids: poster boys of steroid abuse in professional sports.

Wow, super mature to try to get in the last word even if it means just being completly rediculous.

I think I speak for most people when I say this thread should just be let to die. I think we can all make ourselves the bigger man and just allow this to just die. There is no need for anyone to respond to anyone else's nonsense they post on this thread. I know that I won't be responding to anymore of this nonsense. Thank you to those who have been ignoring this thread the past few days and just letting it die. If anyone feels the need to play the game of getting the last word then you will beat me becuase I'm done with this thread.

-The "bigger man" thing was meant figurativly,not literally, so to all of you ladies that might be on here don't take offense.

- The only reason why I made this post was becuase I think it can finally put an end to the thread and it was very close to the top. I am not being a hypocrite by making this post becuase I truly think this disgrace should just be gone. I will now lead by example and ignore this thread.

Thanks again to those who have been ignoring it for quite a while now.

Archived