THE BROWNS BOARD

Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks?

plumcrazy73

Wow, super mature to try to get in the last word even if it means just being completly rediculous.

I think I speak for most people when I say this thread should just be let to die. I think we can all make ourselves the bigger man and just allow this to just die. There is no need for anyone to respond to anyone else's nonsense they post on this thread. I know that I won't be responding to anymore of this nonsense. Thank you to those who have been ignoring this thread the past few days and just letting it die. If anyone feels the need to play the game of getting the last word then you will beat me becuase I'm done with this thread.

-The "bigger man" thing was meant figurativly,not literally, so to all of you ladies that might be on here don't take offense.

- The only reason why I made this post was becuase I think it can finally put an end to the thread and it was very close to the top. I am not being a hypocrite by making this post becuase I truly think this disgrace should just be gone. I will now lead by example and ignore this thread.

Thanks again to those who have been ignoring it for quite a while now.

Translation: "I'm beaten."

Shut up and leave, asshole.

Zombo

--Your sister's in bed calling for you to come brush her beard.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then it's settled, the Browns have 8 championships to the Stoolers 6. I'd say that is pretty successful. You can't have it both ways boy. So put the meth pipe down because your cousin, I mean wife, is calling you for chicken and grits.

The Browns have 8 Championships, BUT, only 4 of which are officially recognized by the NFL. The others are part of a minor league that all but folded--only 3 teams survived to the NFL.

The bottom line, you have 4 NFL Titles. You are outscored on that simple, straight-forward point.

Yes, the NFL knew the Steelers were cheating, just like baseball knew Bonds and Mcguire were cheating and they are letting them twist in the wind and suffer horrible, irreversable damage to their reputation as men and competitors, while the Steelers are lifted up and promoted and celebrated for "winning" six Super Bowls.

And let's not act like it was just a 70's thing either, James Harrison did not get that good and that big and that fast by eating his Wheaties.

Football is going under the steroid microscope next ... and the Steelers will be Bonds, McGuire, A-rod and Clemens rolled into one ... it ain't gonna be pretty.

But when you make yourself the Poster Team for cheating ... they will come after you eventually.

Zombo

Losers always make excuses for why they lost. Winners, especially the best, are always under scrutiny--usually by the losers, for why they win. These accusations against the Steelers are no different than the accusations that exist against Lance Armstrong by the jealous.

Zombo, you are the poster child for jealousy and excuse making.

Did the Steelers of the 1970s use steroids? Most likely there were players that did. But you have to be an absolute moron to believe they were the only team to use (a) a readily available and (B) legal substance at the time. What kind of idiot must you be to believe that a football player on another team was holier than thou and wasn't using a muscle enhancing substance while the Steelers were some kind of evil machine that was? Maybe your name is Zombo to think that its cheating because its illegal now but was not then.

James Harrison was always a physical specimen, it was his maturity and understanding of the game that kept him from making teams. You can go ahead and keep holding on to your biased viewpoint with your same 8 friends, trying in some desperate way to discredit your rivals championships while your team toils at the bottom of the NFL pool every single season, I will take the reality that the Steelers are the elite of the league.

If you read False Glory written by one of their starting OTs for 2 Superbowls - he seems to think so. He was disappointed NOBODY fessed up like himself. - Tom F. (I ADMIRE hard work but despise cheating. There used to be a clearcut difference but I've been told I'm naive for thinking that way)

Maybe you should check your facts before you post a long reply, Steve Courson was not a starting OT. He was a back up who desperately tried to make it in the league and ultimately did not.

It's not the equivalent. The Browns were champions, there was no one left to beat. The Steelers lost.

Where do you get 13 any way? You've been AFC champions 7 times. Are you counting losses too? Cause we can throw in championship losses too, if you want to go that route.

Hey ... here's an idea ... let's just count Champions ... last team standing. That's what greatness is all about.

Zombo

You really wanna count Champions...how about we break this down a lot more.

Your "NFL Champion" Browns won 4 Championships.

Back in those days, in order to qualify for the NFL Championship Game, it required winning your regular season conference--essentially the same as winning your division today as it was a purely regular season accomplishment. On the rare occasion that there was a regular season tie, they held an exhibition game called a "playoff bowl" in order to determine who played for the NFL Championship from that conference.

In order to win those 4 NFL Championships, the Browns had to win a grand total of 5 post season games.

Also, the NFL Championship followed a similar suit to the World Series as it was played on a rotating Home Field Advantage--the Browns won 3 of their 4 NFL Titles playing on their own home field, not a neutral field.

When you really look at it, winning the NFL Championship is more akin to winning a Conference Title today, but at least with the Conference Championship, you have to EARN the HFA, not have it given to you because its your turn that year.

The Super Bowl requires at minimum 3 post season wins to reach and can take as many as 4. It is played on a Neutral Field. To win their 6 Super Bowls, the Steelers had to win 19 post season games (far more impressive than the Browns 5).

Further evidence to distance the two from each other and prove they are not one in the same.....two NFL teams actually WON the NFL Championship but LOST the Super Bowl: the 1969 Baltimore Colts and the 1970 Minnesota Vikings.

In actuality, comparing the Steelers 7 AFC Championships is a more accuarate comparison to the Browns 4 NFL Championships then it is comparing the Super Bowls.

How many did the Steelers win? Zero.

How is your first 45 year joke of an existence any smaller than our current 20 year suck-fest?

45 years? The Steelers won their first division title in 1972 and were founded in 1933. Do you need help with your math?

And what are you talking about 20 year suck-fest?

Since 1965, you have won a grand total of 4 playoff games. Only 4 in all that time. The 1970s was a pathetic joke for you. A back to back run in 86/87 aside, the 80s were mediocre. The 90s were worse. The 2000s have been ridiculous. I see a 40 year run of absolutely nothing to be proud of. 20 year suck-fest? Double that one up buddy.

45 years? The Steelers won their first division title in 1972 and were founded in 1933. Do you need help with your math?

Since 1965, you have won a grand total of 4 playoff games. Only 4 in all that time. The 1970s was a pathetic joke for you. A back to back run in 86/87 aside, the 80s were mediocre. The 90s were worse. The 2000s have been ridiculous. I see a 40 year run of absolutely nothing to be proud of. 20 year suck-fest? Double that one up buddy.

ok man you really need to stop digging up old posts and writing about them. nobody cares about what you think. i have barely read anything you have written. go on a steeler's board with all of the other fail weather idiots. i also figured out what your name means; Fondles and Sucks Gonads.

The Browns have 8 Championships, BUT, only 4 of which are officially recognized by the NFL. The others are part of a minor league that all but folded--only 3 teams survived to the NFL.

The bottom line, you have 4 NFL Titles. You are outscored on that simple, straight-forward point.

We have 8 league championships. The AAFC, like the AFL, is recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a MAJOR professional football league.

We have 8 league championships, you have 6, you are outscored on that simple, straight-forward point.

Zombo

--The AAFC Browns won the NFL on their first try ... not only were they as good ... they were better. And they proved it.

You know I used to rag the Squeeler fans about Roids just to piss them off, BUT there is a landslide of evidence that it really was the case. These reports aren't just coming from one or two directions. The Orlando Sentinel's puff piece isn't going to change ANY of that.

As for bad officiating. Watch the replays of the last 6 or 7 Super Bowls on NFLN...I have. Take a count of the "iffy" officiating calls in those games compared to those in the two Squeeler "victorys." If you aren't blind, you'll notice that the two Taintsburgh games were BY FAR over-officiated and that the calls that mattered most seemed to go to the Cheaters.

Someday, in the future, someone is going to write an unflattering book about the 00's Taintsburgh organization, which ironically is the same as the 70's Taintsburgh organization.

* 6-1 *

Doug

This is the biggest joke of all. Like you have watched all the Super Bowl replays and then watched the Steelers Super Bowl victories. Who are you trying to kid?

If you truly watched these games, you would recognize that Seattle played piss poor. There were calls, but they were penalties. What are you supposed to do--ignore a penalty just because it was the Super Bowl? You know what you do when you get a penalty? You overcome it. Like the holding that would have given Seattle the ball at the 3. They cry about that one, but did we cry when we got a holding on the first play of the final drive against Arizona? No. We overcame it, converted a 1st and 20 into a first down. If you are a Super Bowl team, that is what you do.

I cannot blame you for looking for excuses. After watching losing game after losing game for 4 decades, all you have are excuses. Its all you know.

Maybe you should check your facts before you post a long reply, Steve Courson was not a starting OT. He was a back up who desperately tried to make it in the league and ultimately did not.

Ummm ... maybe you should check yours.

Steve Courson started 73 games in the NFL ... 48 of them with the Pittsburgh Steelers... including 8 with the 1979 Super Bowl champions.

He played for, and started games for, two different Super Bowls teams ... and acknowledged the steroid abuse of himself and teammates druing the Super Bowl years.

Just the facts, ma'am.

Zombo

When you really look at it, winning the NFL Championship is more akin to winning a Conference Title today,

This is the DUMBEST argument Steeler fans make (which is I'm sure is why they make it so much)

The conference champion of today loses to the league champion.

The League Champion beats everybody in their league and stands as a true champion ... there is no one left to beat.

Are we going to take away all of the Montreal Canadians championships because there were only six teams back then? How bout those lousy Yankees with Ruth and Gehrig only beating out 15 teams ... they would be the Tamp Bay Rays today, I guess?

The Browns were the best team in the league .... everybody got a shot and they won ... again, there was no one left to beat.

Champions.

Zombo

--try acting like one.

The Steelers absolutely sucked for 40 years, there is no denying it.

The Browns have sucked since Modell yanked the rug from under the city in 94.

In 94 we were a playoff team. Seven playoff seasons in the 80s. Two more in the 70's. Just about evey year in the 60's.

These Browns suck. (Even though they had the same record as Pittsburgh one year ago)

From 1946 to 1995, the Browns were an outstanding league franchise. A couple lean years in the mid 70's and early 90's ... otherwise always highly competitive.

Not the pile of crap the Steelers were from 1933-1972 or that the Browns have basically been since 99.

Zombo

--the tide will turn again ... so try and act with some class while you can.

The Steelers absolutely sucked for 40 years, there is no denying it.

The Browns have sucked since Modell yanked the rug from under the city in 94.

In 94 we were a playoff team. Seven playoff seasons in the 80s. Two more in the 70's. Just about evey year in the 60's.

These Browns suck. (Even though they had the same record as Pittsburgh one year ago)

From 1946 to 1995, the Browns were an outstanding league franchise. A couple lean years in the mid 70's and early 90's ... otherwise always highly competitive.

Not the pile of crap the Steelers were from 1933-1972 or that the Browns have basically been since 99.

Zombo

--the tide will turn again ... so try and act with some class while you can.

In league in which 5-6 teams make the playoffs per season, making the playoffs does not make you a good team. You say the Steelers from 1933-1971 sucked, but there was only one post-season team per conference (save for a tie). So the basis of using playoff appearances to compare the "success" of teams of the different eras.

Since the 1964 NFL Championship Game, the Browns have managed to win a paltry 4 playoff games. If you want to fully understand that degree of sucktitude, only the Houston Texans (around only since 2002) Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Cheifs have won less. The Panthers, Jaguars and Ravens, who have less than a 15 year existance, all have more than than the Browns.

Only 7 fewer teams that have been around since the merger have fewer Division Titles than the Browns. And there were 6 of those awarded per season, now there are 8. And the Browns have the 8th worst winning percentage since the merger. Pretty much proves my point of your sucktitude.

Wow, you had the same record as us back in 2007......maybe you would have had a better record if you would have, oh, I don't know, actually beaten us.

In 1994, we swept you on a 3 game sweep in that season, same as we did your last playoff season of 2002.

The truth of the matter is by and large, the Browns have been at the bottom of the league in winning, management, class (throwing bottles on the field, batteries on the field) and talent. The only thing Cleveland can top Pittsburgh at in terms of football is that your city has 2-0 advantage, in terms of franchises LEAVING the city.

The truth of the matter is by and large, the Browns have been at the bottom of the league in winning, management, class (throwing bottles on the field, batteries on the field) and talent. The only thing Cleveland can top Pittsburgh at in terms of football is that your city has 2-0 advantage, in terms of franchises LEAVING the city.

yet your pathetic ass is still on a browns message board. get a life loser

We have 8 league championships. The AAFC, like the AFL, is recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a MAJOR professional football league.

We have 8 league championships, you have 6, you are outscored on that simple, straight-forward point.

Zombo

--The AAFC Browns won the NFL on their first try ... not only were they as good ... they were better. And they proved it.

The NFL does not recognize those Championships. Sad too, because the Browns fans are the only ones who hold minor league titles has high as you do. Ever hear the Bills or Chargers fans talk about their AFL Championships the same way? They don't. They are about winning the real prize, not living in the past in a dead league long forgotten.

Oh, btw, the Steelers have 76 championships, they won al their Rec Leagues from 1935-1967. See my point, AAFC Titles were nothing more than a minor league championship, not recognized by the NFL.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame gives credence for the USFL and Arena league championships too, are you as equally proud of those? I realize you would be, but then again, you have nothing else to grab onto.

In the meantime, enjoy the SI commercials with the Steelers Championship Package. Did you order yours yet?

ok man you really need to stop digging up old posts and writing about them. nobody cares about what you think. i have barely read anything you have written. go on a steeler's board with all of the other fail weather idiots. i also figured out what your name means; Fondles and Sucks Gonads.

That's because I put down logic, fact and truth. I read this whole thing, and rolled my eyes to the stupidity of you guys, so you drew me out, its your own fault.

All your pathetic loser *** can do is say Squeelers, or Steelroids or you cheated or we are the best fans or wait till next year.

I destroy you, and everyone of your 14 page thread, and of course you don't want me here. I wouldn't if I were you either, because I will make you realize just how pathetic your franchise really is.

How have you enjoyed 25 of the last 28 head to head games by the way? What is your excuse for the season sweep next year? I mean, you've had plenty of time to practice--I am sure you can come up with a new excuse you haven't used yet.

The NFL does not recognize those Championships. Sad too, because the Browns fans are the only ones who hold minor league titles has high as you do. Ever hear the Bills or Chargers fans talk about their AFL Championships the same way? They don't. They are about winning the real prize, not living in the past in a dead league long forgotten.

Oh, btw, the Steelers have 76 championships, they won al their Rec Leagues from 1935-1967. See my point, AAFC Titles were nothing more than a minor league championship, not recognized by the NFL.

The Pro Football Hall of Fame gives credence for the USFL and Arena league championships too, are you as equally proud of those? I realize you would be, but then again, you have nothing else to grab onto.

In the meantime, enjoy the SI commercials with the Steelers Championship Package. Did you order yours yet?

Oh my God, you are so stupid.

Yes, I'm sure the Bills and Chargers fans recognize their AFL championships and are proud of them as champions, as they should be. They won their league.

No the Pro Football Fame does NOT recognize the USFL or Arena or for matter the XFL, WFL or Canadian as major leagues ... JUST the NFL, AFL and the AAFC.

This information is readily available ... please get some game.

Ok, now all of your stupidty aside: DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF A FUKTARD YOU ARE ARGUING THIS SHIT ON OUR BOARD? Seriously. You just won the Super Bowl and you are spending your off-season on a Browns board defending 1970's steroid use and the merits of our football championships.

Your very presence here means ... YOU ARE OWNED.

Browns fans own Steeler fans. It is as clear as day. Your team keeps winning and you stupid fuks are only concerned with what we think.

Well, here's what we think: I'd rather be a Browns fan.

Zombo

yet your pathetic ass is still on a browns message board. get a life loser

Lets see here, I am on a message board, talking **** about a rival team. That means I have to get a life. Okay.....so maybe you can show me, let's see, you are on a message board, talking **** about a rival team, oh, please do show me how to have a life you expert.

Don't worry, I won't stay here long. Either I will be banned because you won't be able to handle the fact that someone comes in here and totally debunks everything you guys are trying to convince each other about, or I will leave on my own, because beating up on the Browns/their fans/the city/the organization is old hat, its been done for the last 20 years with ease. There is nothing more to get excited about with it.

Oh my God, you are so stupid.

Yes, I'm sure the Bills and Chargers fans recognize their AFL championships and are proud of them as champions, as they should be. They won their league.

No the Pro Football Fame does NOT recognize the USFL or Arena or for matter the XFL, WFL or Canadian as major leagues ... JUST the NFL, AFL and the AAFC.

This information is readily available ... please get some game.

Ok, now all of your stupidty aside: DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH OF A FUKTARD YOU ARE ARGUING THIS SHIT ON OUR BOARD? Seriously. You just won the Super Bowl and you are spending your off-season on a Browns board defending 1970's steroid use and the merits of our football championships.

Your very presence here means ... YOU ARE OWNED.

Browns fans own Steeler fans. It is as clear as day. Your team keeps winning and you stupid fuks are only concerned with what we think.

Well, here's what we think: I'd rather be a Browns fan.

Zombo

Cleveland Fan for Life: You showed him Zombo, yeah, man, how about when the Browns beat the Yankees back in 1947.

Zombo: Don't you mean the Indians?

Cleveland Fan for Life: No man, I mean that NFL, er, I mean AAFC Powerhouse New York Yankees.

Atenears: Hey, didn't Joe Dimaggio play QB for them?

Zombo: Wait a minute, the Yankees played football too? I thought they only played baseball. Wow, I thought Bo Jackson was the only two sport Athlete.

Cleveland Fan for Life: No, no, no, man, the Yankees were the name of that football team, they had a separate baseball team.

Zombo: Well, anyway, that Title means more than a Super Bowl anyway.

Inspecta: Yeah, Zombo, you are right, lets celebrate that win! What was the score of that game?

Zombo: Hell, I don't know, but we have 8 titles and the Steelers only have 6. Lets hug each other.

Atenears: Yeah, who needs a Super Bowl anyway. And what about this new guy, who completely pointed out that an NFL Championship was played on a rotating home field--so you didn't even have to EARN it, required no playoff wins in order to qualify for and was definitely not the Same as a Super Bowl since the Colts won the NFL Championship in 1969 and the Vikings won it in 1970, but failed to win the Super Bowl.

Inspecta: That's actually something that makes sense. Mabye that is why the NFL hardly ever talks about them.

Zombo: No, no, no.....we can't acknowledge logic. Tell you what, lets talk about how much better fans we are than the Steelers fans. After all, only two franchises have left Cleveland. We have to be able to beat them at something.

Pumpkin Eater: Yeah, especially since they are so dirty.

Inspecta: Wait a minute, isn't your avatar that of a dirty hit on Terry Bradshaw of which Browns fans are so proud?

Zombo: Forget that, we do double standards when its in our favor.

See here Zombo, you cannot own me. It's not possible. At the end of the day, I support the team with the Super Bowl....I support the team with the 25 wins in 28 games against each other. I support the best NFL Franchise in terms of Super Bowls, Division Championships, AFC Championships, Post Season wins and Total Wins since the merger.

All you can do is hug each others **** and talk about how great a fan you are.

You want me to order you the Steelers Super Bowl Video in Blue Ray or regular DVD?

Did you SERIOUSLY just type all that?

Oh my god this is tooooo funny.

Keep makin' em dance Zombo.

FYI, dipshit above, You had to win your conference and if tied with another teams record you had to play a playoff game to get into the championship game.

So... talk about debunking...

You should probably learn to do a tiny bit of research before you expose yourself as a complete moron.

See here Zombo, you cannot own me. It's not possible. At the end of the day, I support the team with the Super Bowl....

Actually, at the end of the day you are on a Browns message board with a bottle of lotion and a box of Kleenex.

You want me to order you the Steelers Super Bowl Video in Blue Ray or regular DVD?

Which ever is more expensive for you. Do you really think this stuff eats at us? It doesn't. We are laughing AT you, not with you.

You just spent 20 minutes creating a dialogue between characters you follow on a Browns Board. That's how deep you are into this.

It's kinda sad, fella. And a little gay.

Quit humiliating yourself. Go watch the video, grab your little yellow towel and feel good about yourself again.

Because you are throwing your dignity out the window with each and every post here.

Zombo

Oh Flugey -- you keep telling yourself that another 1,000 times, and maybe you'll start to believe it too!

Don't need to - False Glory is a true story. Want proof? Read Sports Illustrated's body count about 10 caskets ago. I believe that's check mate. I appreciate all the research and recruits you've brought to this subject but the facts are the facts Joey. You can keep trying though. You remind me a hamster sprinting on a hamster wheel. Lots of effort without any forward movement.

There was only 1 perfect team in the 70s and they were clean. That makes Shula's Dolphins the team of the 70s. Those guys were great!!!

- Tom F. (Zombo's kicking your buddy's ass so bad I'm almost embarassed for the guy)

Well, I guess that's it. We shut the pussies up, finally.

Good work Flugs, Rif, Furns and all who made them eat their own crap.

Zombo

--The verdict is in: give 'em an asterisk.

Well, I guess that's it. We shut the pussies up, finally.

Good work Flugs, Rif, Furns and all who made them eat their own crap.

Zombo

--The verdict is in: give 'em an asterisk.

They'll be back. I think it's Incest Season in the hills of West Pennsylginia, so the Yinzers are otherwise occupied.

Browns Championships !!!!!!!!

Cheatroids Championships******

Doug

Archived