THE BROWNS BOARD

Vincent Jackson

jcam222

Well enough of the loss. Apparently Tampa Bay is shopping Vincent Jackson. Rumor is he could be had for a 3rd round pick. What do you think of trading a 3 for Vincent Jackson? Perhaps even a 4 and Miles Austin? I think he has a good 3 years left in him. He would be immediately useful and imagine him across from JG later in the year! What say you?

Zombo has already labeled him as a pussy though...

Honestly, while it'd be a nice pick up, defense should be more of a concern

we have plenty of talent on D but with 2 of our best down in front the depth is the question..........but then look at the OL.

yikes.

Jackson for a 3rd... hell ya.

We could drop Rodney Smith in a heartbeat to replace him.

Start: Jackson/ Austin / Hawkins, and sub: Benjamin / Gabriel

Then when Gordon comes back, we could drop Moore, or somebody else:

Gordon / Jackson / Hawkins / Austin / Benjamin / Gabriel... pretty sick

Our biggest blow was Alex Mack. Our d will be fine only one down for the year.

We dropped a defensive line man today so I am sure farmer has something up his sleeve.

We dropped Jacobbi McDaniel today

Not sure who's going to take his place? Maybe bring up a DL like Tupou or Pataiali'i from PS. Or Maybe he wants to bring up a LB like Bradford or Pough from PS? Or there could be another player from some other PS we could be looking at...

My guess would be Tupou b/c we just got him 2 days before the game Sunday and now maybe he feels he's ready to step in.

As a Buc fan who is quite familiar with Vincent Jackson, I'm going to say that if the Bucs trade him for a simple 3rd, I'm DONE with them.. That would be the stooopidest deal ever from the Bucs POV.. VJ is a stud #1.. A team leader and an awesome community guy!! And the fact that most of you guys guys are against that trade makes me wonder if you have any idea who you are talking about.. Vincent Jackson for a 3rd rdr you do in a nano second!!!

As a Buc fan who is quite familiar with Vincent Jackson, I'm going to say that if the Bucs trade him for a simple 3rd, I'm DONE with them.. That would be the stooopidest deal ever from the Bucs POV.. VJ is a stud #1.. A team leader and an awesome community guy!! And the fact that most of you guys guys are against that trade makes me wonder if you have any idea who you are talking about.. Vincent Jackson for a 3rd rdr you do in a nano second!!!

uh, yeah. :blink:

Zombo has already labeled him as a pussy though...

Honestly, while it'd be a nice pick up, defense should be more of a concern

I agree. We don't need to be giving up picks. I could see us drafting nothing but pass rushers and OL next draft. I don't think we really need any skill position players at this point.

Might be looking to get draft picks to move up for a QB (Mariota or Winston?) in the draft, and go forward with Evans as No1 WR. I guess they're banking on not being terrible enough to get a top 2 pick (nice not worrying about that just yet).

I would take V. Jax in a second gut not for a 3rd round choice. thats a pipe dream. Could be wrong but I think just to name a few were all traded for 7th round picks.

Mike Wallace

Stevie Johnson

Randy Moss

I would not give up any more than a 6th for him. A 3rd is a pretty hefty price.

I am almost sure that Mike Wallace was a free agent signing. Johnson is nowhere near the same league as VJ and Moss was well past his prime. I think it would be insane to not sign someone like VJ for a 3rd round pick. I dont care if its mid season as he is good for a least 3 more years .

His cap is not worth what he produces on the field.

10m on a wideout is beyond insane. He is not Dez, Demaryius, Randall, Jordy, AJ. And Gordon is in that list with another top season.

I wouldnt do it.. that hamstrings the cap for years, which would be better spent on OL/DL/QB.

Because they're bad, he's 31, and they owe him 10 mil a year through 2016?

I'd like him on our team, but no WAY would I give 10 mil or a 3rd rounder.

Overpaid old guys aren't worth 3rd round picks. Id give a late pick and force THEM to pay part of his salary. Otherwise Id pass.

Archived