THE BROWNS BOARD

How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyer

Adoug319

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't root for my teams to win games just to win games. If it is obvious the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs I don't get much joy in winning.

Much rather lose with johnny clipboard clipboard than win with Hoyer = You. Gtfo or stop pretending to be a browns fan.

Yeah winning is terrible.

I can't help it that you guys haven't won very much. If it feels good then so be it. But the Team won the game not Hoyer. It is my opinion that Johnny at QB would make this team better. If I am wrong then whatever. And believe me I don't want to watch Johnny lose games. If he is not ready then keep Hoyer in.

I can't help it that you guys haven't won very much. If it feels good then so be it. But the Team won the game not Hoyer. It is my opinion that Johnny at QB would make this team better. If I am wrong then whatever. And believe me I don't want to watch Johnny lose games. If he is not ready then keep Hoyer in.

So the last drive was the team throwing the ball, right?

Yeah I hate feeling good about wins.

All I'm saying is winning cant end all discussions about Hoyer. Just because a team is winning doesn't mean they can't be better by making a change. You don't know what we have with Johnny and neither do I. But I certainly have a better idea than all of you because I have watched 11 of Hoyers starts and all of Johnny's college starts.

I love this.

Finally people can see how ridiculous the Hoyer Lovers are. They honestly believe he won this game by himself.

I don't know whats worse, the fact they give him the credit for this win or that they still give Hoyer the credit for the win against Buffalo last year when he left in the 2nd quarter down 10-0. They still count it as a Hoyer win.

Does anyone think Hoyer is a Franchise QB still?

Honestly speak up if you do. Does anyone think hes the Browns starter next year? Speak up if you do I want it on record.

Look at the game stats (Receptions Targets) :

Gordon 8 - 16

Hawkins 5 - 5

Austin 6 - 8 (one a TD drop)

Barnidge 2 - 3

Gabriel 1 - 2

West 1 - 1

Dray 0 - 1

Benji 0 - 2

Agnew 0 - 1

Notice where the rust and two INT's are.

Yeah, Hoyer didn't have a great overall game, but he did direct the game winning drive.

This is a good test for the lengths you will go to defend Hoyer.

Over the last 6 weeks hes the 31st rated QB in the NFL, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in that time frame.

Do you want to sign him long term? Think hes a Franchise QB? If so speak up. I want it on record who wants Hoyer as the Franchise QB.

Otherwise you're all just silently agreeing with me, which I suspect you've been doing the entire time.

THE WINNING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOYER TODAY, he almost ruined all of it.

The defense stepped up and created turnovers.

The special teams stepped up and did it's job.

The offensive line kicked ass.

Crowell and West kicked ass today.

The receivers kicked ass today.

Brian Hoyer was all over the place and NUT SUCKERS are more embarrassing than "Manzealots"

They are fucking embarrassing. That was some of the worst QB play since DA

THE WINNING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOYER TODAY, he almost ruined all of it.

The defense stepped up and created turnovers.

The special teams stepped up and did it's job.

The offensive line kicked ass.

Crowell and West kicked ass today.

The receivers kicked ass today.

Brian Hoyer was all over the place and NUT SUCKERS are more embarrassing than "Manzealots"

They are fucking embarrassing. That was some of the worst QB play since DA

Hoyer and coaching (Pettine and shanny) is the only reason this game was close IMO.

If it is indeed becoming clearer Hoyer isn't long term, even you can understand why you don't bench him at this point. Stockton doesn't get it, though.

His team is behind him 100%, if nothing else. You don't remove him from a team in this position.

Fact is if I thought Hoyer made the Browns a better team than Manziel I would admit as much. You can call be biased all you want, but it is clear you all are biased against Johnny because of things you heard on SportsCenter or Twitter, not actually what he did on the field. And i'm not talking preseason.

But you don't care about the browns, you only care about them if your boy is the QB.

Hoyer and coaching is the only reason this game was close IMO.

If it is indeed becoming clearer Hoyer isn't long term, even you can understand why you don't bench him at this point. Stockton doesn't get it, though.

His team is behind him 100%, if nothing else. You don't remove him from a team in this position.

Really? Why? Because we could win the Super Bowl?

The team has a long term plan that doesn't include Brian Hoyer and you think its better that they delay the start of that plan, to not get Manziel his first action until next season (where he'll have to learn on the job just the same) until next year? That helps the Browns long term?

Explain how? How does this help anything? We know who the future QB isn't. We know we are not Super Bowl contenders. So what are we doing here? Whats the benefit of Hoyer and his 31st in the NFL rating over the last 6 weeks? Tell me what we're doing that is helping the future.

You know this how? Fact is Hoyer has played awful as of late and you have yet to see Johnny play meaningful snaps. Johnny played better in the preseason than Hoyer is playing now and that was after partying in Vegas instead of studying the playbook.

Here's another Fun Fact!

Despite a decline in his play, and depth chart revisions galore, the staff still chooses to start Hoyer.

Hoyer Last 6 Games

52% Comp

4 TD

7 INT

70 Rating

31st in the league over the last 6 weeks.

Mods! Clean up on isle 1!

Brian Hoyer HIMSELF said he played like garbage today so anyone in denial is a fucking idiot.

He did and nobodies denying it, the manziel fans wanna see johnny, Stockton can't wait for new years so his parents let him get another glass of champagne, and the browns fans are enjoying the win.

It'll take a bigger beating to get Hoyer benched mid-game, or knock out of contention (which we aren't close to).

Archived