THE BROWNS BOARD

Gentlemen, we have irrefutable proof...

Suomi

I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.

I agree. The velocity was impressive. With a full game it will be interesting to see if he has the accuracy for the deep ball. His arm strength has never been an issue with me.

Speaking of childish things calling people a faggot really helps your intelligence.

Fair point but your screen name leaves a little maturity to be desired as well. I have never been a fan of Manziel the person but I am a Browns fan. As such I want him to succeed as should you. Change your damn name.

Manziel's been known to have good accuracy and arm strength. Needs to demonstrate he can run an NFL offense, make the right read, etc. We need to buckle our seat belts for what could either be a very crazy finish or what could be another heart breaking finish.

If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.

If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.

I didn't see him live I had to leave before the end, but watching the rewind seems like the game was a little too fast for him. He just needs some time for that, though.

I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.

Easily a stronger arm than BH. I did not think that was ever in doubt... I think the contrast may have helped sneak that ball into Dray.

I think you recycled the "greatness... idiocy" bit from you very first post... ;)

Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.

Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.

We really should be able to run the ball on the Colts next week and that will make things easier on whoever is playing QB. We will also know if our defense is actually playing better or if we've just played shitty offenses the last few weeks when we match up with the Colts.

We really should be able to run the ball on the Colts next week and that will make things easier on whoever is playing QB. We will also know if our defense is actually playing better or if we've just played shitty offenses the last few weeks when we match up with the Colts.

We need to put up 28pts to win, cause I see 27 getting hung on us. Far too many injuries combined with a really explosive Colts offense spells trouble.

I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.

(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)

So this is Stockton?

The one and only ( I think a mod should change his name to Coral )

Has it been confirmed by using the "Champagne Test" we discussed earlier?

Can't wait to see what happens. Just what he did today already proved many people wrong.

What I saw today is what we saw of college Johnny. I'm not getting too excited over one drive though. Nice non-fumble on the second one, in case you forgot.

No crap to cut you don't like it then just wait and see. I will be right.

You had better hope you're wrong. Because we wasted another first round pick if you're right.

I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.

(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)

Faded isn't Stockton. SS can't come back for another day or two- unless he goes to the library and uses another ISP.

Need to draft a new QB next year, JF is not the answer. Sorry that your football talk doesn't include people that know Manziel won't be a good NFL starter.

And whom do you propose we draft? Mr Ducky? Crab Legs? The guy that plays for the other team in LA ?

Not a franchise QB to be had this year. This team is better served getting a couple critical pieces and assembling a bit more depth at others.

I think he might be held out for a few more days from what I've heard.

So we are not starting StockBoy this week? Damn... I need his fantasy points.

Hoorta, If you're hoping for Manziel mistakes you're going to be happy.

He's going to make them.

This franchised invested snaps and PT in Hoyer, who has regressed; Manziel has some growing pains to go through.

What we have is an opportunity to give Manziel experience with the outside chance at opening the golden ticket.

and in case you've forgotten, mix this in

original.gif

Let's a take a deep breathe and recognize that JM made a couple boners. Hoyer falls on that fumbled snap. That comes with experience. Did anyone notice the desperation shovel pass to West as he was getting tackled? That also can turn out super bad. Those are plays he can't make if he's gonna be a starter in the NFL. Hard to be mad though cause you know it's just coming from his desire to win and we were down 20 or so at that point so who cares. We'll see if he makes plays like that when we're up, in which case he'll incur our wrath pretty quick.

Hoorta, If you're hoping for Manziel mistakes you're going to be happy.

He's going to make them.

This franchised invested snaps and PT in Hoyer, who has regressed; Manziel has some growing pains to go through.

What we have is an opportunity to give Manziel experience with the outside chance at opening the golden ticket.

and in case you've forgotten, mix this in

Well, that .gif makes it official- you came to join the Johnny love train, & that's OK. Must have been lurking for a long while though.

LOL, that toss into the dirt wasn't 1\2 as bad as the immortal Wee-Done underhanded flip for an interception.

I was hoping for the best with Hoyer. If you've been following my train of thought, I've grown more and more skeptical over the last month + about his increasingly erratic play. I'm not a Hoyer homer, or a JFF Fan Boy. I want the Browns to win- preferably now. I've said in the past I'm starting to run out of "wait till next year" fast. Yes, as I said- I didn't like the Manziel pick- at all, as I was against the RG III media circus part 2 that was sure to follow. Got that one right. . Ceiling may be Fran Tarkenton, but the floor is Dave Kingler. It was a bonus pick Farmer felt he could roll the dice on.

Of course, JFF is going to have growing pains. He also had the benefit of sitting for 3\4 of the season to get acclimated to the pro game.

I truly think when Pettine put Manziel in- he had seen enough bad play out of Hoyer to make the switch- and as I've said elsewhere today- I believe the switch is permanent- barring injury.

OH BULL FUCKING PUSSY,

I see Big Ben make plays like that all the time, he was extending the play for positive yardage.

Slow down man. Even Johnny Football can be subject to criticism :P

Personally, I just want the browns to win football games and I support whoever is behind center. Personally, I think Manziel deserves the start next Sunday though (lets be real if he gets the start next Sunday he'll probably start the rest of the way unless he gets hurt) - but if Pettine announces Hoyer stays I'm going to support the choice as well.

Hoorta said " What I saw today is what we saw of college Johnny. I'm not getting too excited over one drive though. Nice non-fumble on the second one, in case you forgot."

College Johnny? I thought the NFL was supposed to chew him up and spit him out. I guess a playmaker in college can still be a playmaker in the pros after all.

Yes I saw the fumble, that happened after the ball was snapped when he wasn't expecting it. That won't happen if he's working with starting center all week.

He showed some things today. He has the arm strength and accuracy. He can run for big plays. It wasn't perfect, no, but some were probably shocked at how fast he wemt 80 yards for the only td of the game.

Hoorta said " What I saw today is what we saw of college Johnny. I'm not getting too excited over one drive though. Nice non-fumble on the second one, in case you forgot."

College Johnny? I thought the NFL was supposed to chew him up and spit him out. I guess a playmaker in college can still be a playmaker in the pros after all.

Yes I saw the fumble, that happened after the ball was snapped when he wasn't expecting it. That won't happen if he's working with starting center all week.

He showed some things today. He has the arm strength and accuracy. He can run for big plays. It wasn't perfect, no, but some were probably shocked at how fast he wemt 80 yards for the only td of the game.

Don't put words in my mouth guy. Manziel had a nice series, did I say something else? Nah, nah nah. praise the good, ignore the bad. Homer. Threw into triple coverage, and got Austin sent to the hospital because of it. Pettine 80 against soft defense. "I need to look at the tape".

Hope you noticed Bills fans mocking the money sign too. Scoreboard beats money sign.

I guess youre not a Chad Johnson/Ochocinco fan huh Hoorta?

Even though he was a Bengal I LOVED some Ochocinco man. That was entertainment. I loved the celebrations, the press conferences. It was awesome.

Same with Johnny. I di the money signs and the attitude no matter the situation. It can be used to fan the flames to use as fuel for better play.

Same with Johnny. I di the money signs and the attitude no matter the situation. It can be used to fan the flames to use as fuel for better play.

all egotistical people use whatever it is to extend their brand. albeit a sign or gesture.

The Browns front office has been proven once again that they have the smarts by not signing Hoyer to a long-term deal without first seeing him perform over an extended period of time.

Well, for what it's worth, I believe the Browns did offer him a deal earlier this year...that he rejected.

Against a softened D, but whatever, the spark was there.

Was I the only one that flashed back to JM's pre-season drive that ended in a running TD???

Rams game I think...

Nope, I noticed, and was impressed by his arm strength and accuracy that I saw in pre-season.

Yeah that throw to Dray? seemed too close for comfort, but those plays are also what are needed at times with a QB that can put the zip on it to get it there.

They did chew him up and spit him out... Did you see the fumble when the Bills defensive starters were put back in?

The only thing he showed was how quickly one drive can blind a gulible fool.

Yes. Your insightful and intelligent comments have changed my mind, manziel does suck. You are correct. Together we can form a coalition to cheer against the Browns for as long as manziel is the starting QB. Because we keep it so real as Browns fans. After every loss we can tag team fuck your johnny football real doll in celebration.

Yes. Your insightful and intelligent comments have changed my mind, manziel does suck. You are correct. Together we can form a coalition to cheer against the Browns for as long as manziel is the starting QB. Because we keep it so real as Browns fans. After every loss we can tag team fuck your johnny football real doll in celebration.

lol!

Nope, I noticed, and was impressed by his arm strength and accuracy that I saw in pre-season.

Yeah that throw to Dray? seemed too close for comfort, but those plays are also what are needed at times with a QB that can put the zip on it to get it there.

The characteristics displayed were no surprise. The whole drive sequence just seemed "familiar" to me. Roll one way, then the other, then over the middle, then etc...

The Dray attempt was a typical, strong-arm rookie throw. Very early Favre-ish... with not quite a Favre-ish arm...

Archived