THE BROWNS BOARD

JF has 200 more starts for the browns....

Tacosman

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is just one, calm the heck down.

You know who else struggled to get their team going today? Aaron Rodgers.

And even though it's only one start, you could see some of the upside. Look at one of the early throws- second possession on third down. He scrambles up effortlessly, checks to number 3 receiver, and then throws a dart that is dropped. Would have been 20 yards at least on a play most every qb gets sacked on.

Johnny is here to stay, and a few rough spots in the final few games of the year won't change that.

It's up to the browns to put quality pieces around Johnny now....some more stout pass pro, more explosive wideouts, and better coaches. If the gm can't put higher quality pieces around JF, the gm will be gone. If Shannon and Pettine can't get things rolling, they will be gone. The constant moving forward(way forward) is JF, so everyone else would do well to get on board. Johnny isn't under any pressure to get better quickly IMO- others are.

You have a seriously distorted perception of reality. That "dart" that hawk dropped took forever to get there. While the ball was in the air I went and took a dump, 5 seconds after I got back it finally made it to hawk. And by his facial expression, he was trying to fire it in there lol

If anything, I think jf just caused the FO to reconsider resigning hoyer in the offseason.

Lol....sure someone like Connor shaw part 2(ie a late round draft pick or undrafted free agent) is really going to compete seriously for the job. Let's be real.

It's Johnny's job. If he struggles for a couple years, he may be on the hot seat then. But not anytime soon.

A couple years? Not a freaking chance. I'm sure there will be better days ahead of him though...

Hes only been playing how many fucking years? And he still sucks balls.

Does he? Or does he get paid millions of dollars to be one the top backups in the NFL? And can he actually operate a vertical passing game? Because I didnt see one today from your midget boyfriend.

Z

A couple years? Not a freaking chance. I'm sure there will be better days ahead of him though...

Absolutely a couple years....look how long other first round qbs get, even if they are bad. Blaine gabbert got about two years of terrible play. You guys are delusional if you think 22 year old first round qbs have a few starts only to 'prove they belong'.....

Now it's not important in this case because JF is going to be good. But this crazy idea you guys have that a first round 22 yo qb for a bad franchise needs to play well in the final 2 games or else(or else what Connor shaw starts lmfao) is not based in reality.

That "bad franchise" won 7 fucking games before your midget boyfriend took a shit on the field today. That same bad franchise beat the absolute shit out of this same Bengals team with a different QB just 1 month ago.

Now tell us again how great your midget boyfriend is going to be because he won the fucking Heisman trophy.

Does he? Or does he get paid millions of dollars to be one the top backups in the NFL? And can he actually operate a vertical passing game? Because I didnt see one today from your midget boyfriend.

Z

Actually I think you were sucking his cock with your prediction thread earlier.

Absolutely a couple years....look how long other first round qbs get, even if they are bad. Blaine gabbert got about two years of terrible play. You guys are delusional if you think 22 year old first round qbs have a few starts only to 'prove they belong'.....

Now it's not important in this case because JF is going to be good. But this crazy idea you guys have that a first round 22 yo qb for a bad franchise needs to play well in the final 2 games or else(or else what Connor shaw starts lmfao) is not based in reality.

Baby steps here.

Today he looked for one receiver, and then did his decapitated chicken routine.

Maybe next week he can look for a second receiver before the routine.

I'm so sad...

Yeah because every other rookie QB looked like shit in their first start....oh wait...no...none of them looked as shitty as Johnny fagboy looked today.

Even backups with no time to prepare came in and played better than our Heisman trophy winning midget mascot.

People it's not going to happen overnight. It may take some time for JF to be good. Deal.

Keyword is MAY. Cuz right now, he was shit. He's got a long way to go.

Like the commentator, think it was Lynch, stated... the top NFL QBs are the ones who put the work in on and off the field. Not sure J man has what it takes

Our team is nearly young and talented enough to win with nothing more than competence on offense. JFF will get next year, but too many stinkers and he won't get too far into it.

Well I wasn't going to join until JF was the official starter. Now he is, so here I am.

Hi Fanboy. :)

He's a fucking joke. Today was a fucking playoff game and he brought nothing. Worse performance from a Browns Qb in a big game ever. Why make excuses?

Z

Oh, I'll pile on in due time Z- The Fanboys got a serious lesson on life in the NFL today.

I think JF will get at least 2 whole seasons to prove himself, but after one whole season it will be so clear he is the franchise qb that this conversation will all seem silly.

Look Brandon weeden got a solid year and a half or so to stink, and weeden wasn't 22 years old, wasn't a heisman winner, etc.....

I expect JF to play better next two weeks, but if he doesn't it's no big deal. This is HIS TEAM. For a LONG TIME.

It's his team as long as he doesn't totally suck FYI- he did today- by every conceivable standard.

Obviously he won't get 12 straight years of starts if he plays like he did today....but again today was ONE WEEK. He will be given a couple years as the unquestioned starter....you gotta be patient with 22 yo first round heisman winners.

I said he would have 200 starts for the browns because he will be good.

If shanny can't make it work with JF, then the browns will bring someone in who can. JF is the browns starter. End of discussion.

Manzealots pile on Hoyer after one or two bad games- better have a thick skin here noob.

Troy smith was like a 6th round draft pick. JF was a first round draft pick. You don't take first round qbs and then give them 'two more starts to show something'......that's not realistic.

You need to be patient. And if you can't be, well that's a you problem not a JF problem.

other than the D line Manziel WAS the primary problem.

People it's not going to happen overnight. It may take some time for JF to be good. Deal.

F- all the Manzealots. not you in particular, but a shit ton of others that positing just give JFF the ball, and he's the second coming. Now kindly cool your jets- us NFL fans know better.;

Wonder if LeBron got to see his buddy. I bet Manziel worked more on his money sign then he did on the playbook. I can't believe a two minute warning and you still need a TO to get a play.

Kinda makes you wonder if LeBron reverted back to being a Cowboy's fan after watching this debacle.

A lot of you guys are just not based in reality. The general rule is that even if you suck and show little promise at any point as a first round qb, you still get 20 or more starts. 22-29 seems to be the number most 'bad' first round qbs fall into. There are a few exceptions(weeden and Quinn got a few less than this but weeden was a unique first rounder in that he was so old so had less long term potential).

I'm not sure how much advanced math everyone has taken here, but 1 start plus 2 upcoming equals 3 starts. JF will almost certainly be the starter for the entirety of next year, and there is going to be no qb competition. If he blows chunks in 2015(unlikely), then there may but a competition in 2016.

And no, this is not a browns team that is just lacking a serviceable plug in qb. They are going to finish last in their league, and the only reason they are going to get to 8-8(maybe) is they had 4 games with the worst division in history. Give them a different division on th schedule and instead of 4-0 possibly thy go 1-2, maybe 2-2.

Johnny is a 22 yo rookie qb. There are going to be struggles very early in his career. I suggest you be patient with him and watch him improve(he will) rather than this 'you've got two games to show me something' nonsense.....Johnny has plenty of time to come around, and it may not happen as fast as we all want it to- but it will likely happen.

I know we've had such a run if crappy and worthless journeyman qbs that everyone is burnt out with the suck invests at qb....but you don't develop elite qbs with such a tragedy. It's ok to give undrafted free agents a quick peek and then move on, but with 22 yo first rounders, you are patient with them and watch them grow. None of those 2 more games nonsense.

A lot of you guys are just not based in reality. The general rule is that even if you suck and show little promise at any point as a first round qb, you still get 20 or more starts.blah blah blahbla blah blahblah blah

What if you are a fucking midget with no NFL game and you float passes into NFL double coverage and score zero points.

Do you get 29 starts?

No, you get three.

Zombo

--One down.

A lot of you guys are just not based in reality.

Most of us understand that he will get his starts.

But Reality is that if he sucks, we're gonna say it. 1st game or 30th game.

And if he sucks week after week and the coaches stick with him, we will understand why, but we will still say he sucks.

THAT is REALITY.

Reality check. He played this week and sucked.

Not calling for his head. Not saying bench him. Not saying he'll fail. Just saying that today he sucked.

Thats Reality

What if you are a fucking midget with no NFL game and you float passes into NFL double coverage and score zero points.

Do you get 29 starts?

No, you get three.

Zombo

--One down.

No, you probably get low to mid 20s then instead of 29.....but your welcome to go root for some other team next year, because there is no chance JF isn't spathe unquestioned starter. So either get on board or not. Your choice.

Archived