THE BROWNS BOARD

JF has 200 more starts for the browns....

Tacosman

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel joined a long list of rookies that include Troy Aikman, that was shut out in his first start.

The line aint as long as you think. And for like the fourth time in a day, Manziel is nothing like Aikman.

Manziel better do something because he was abysmal yesterday. It was hard to watch. The whole team sucked but so did he and the offensive line was just disgusting.

Yes he was....yes it was....yes they did....yes he did...yes it was .....thats "I agree" X 5

Score a TD, jump into the dawg pound and motor boat some DD breasts and chug a beer?

Wonder if he gains a little humility after that beatdown.....Yesterday I swear I saw Hoyer mouthing the words "I woulda hit that pass".... ;)

We I have to temper expectations. I am probably at fault for expecting too much too soon....which is what we've been SCREAMING at you the whole time....completely deaf ears

I didnt know what to expect once he got in there. I thought it would be a mixed bag...reread your posts. You pretty much announced he was the second coming and would rule the world....light it up...be better than the "normal rookie"....he was different....blah blah blah.. puke

i didnt expect a complete disaster performance....me either. But Im not shocked either. Already knew he wasn't god.

From here on out I am looking for improvement each week. ...Me too. Doesn't look like he's taken much coaching to this point and "admitted" this was the first week he actually worked real hard to prepare. Had to stay late and "cram", cause he really hadn't done it yet(his words)

Does he learn from his mistakes? ...so far, he doesn't seem to...

Do you see progress? .....so far, no. Looked worse than pre-season even. So I dont 'see' progress....but hope that its there anyway. Next week he has to be better....right?

Hopefully the media backs off a little....hopefully he keeps out of the news and off TMZ. He's a media baby because he wants to be. Thats pretty clear. A lot of folks knocking his party ways expected him to show up unprepared and they weren't disappointed. No matter why he looked so bad, had he done all the "right stuff" behind the scenes, then he'd be getting less flack.

So sorry...no sympathy on the whole media monster that he's created and feeds regularly

lets him learn and develop like any other rookie is suppose to....We are and thats what we've been telling you all year.

All the other rookie QB's started many weeks sooner and played fairly well on really bad teams...they even scored points......So now he's had more time to learn and develop than any of this years other picks or any of the Browns past QB's....so......it is what it is....a more than level playing field.....

I had to LMAO at this post. So let me get this straight….you guys butchered your last 15 QBs when in their first game they looked bad…..but now you want to give this little punk a break and say he needs to learn and mature?? LOL!!!

Where was this patience with Weeden, McCoy, and so on and so on and so on???

You guys thought it could not get any worse…..well your future QB just finished game one with a QB rating in the 20's, passing for 80 yards.

Someone….Anyone on here please come to some sanity and admit that it is not the QB…..it is freaking Cleveland!!

Who the fuck are you?

Manziel joined a long list of rookies that include Troy Aikman, that was shut out in his first start. Manziel can only grow from this experience. A cold wet slap in the face is sometimes needed for a player to mature and be successful in the long run. The next two weeks will be interesting. I still say it was the right decision to play the rookie. We weren't going to the Super bowl anyway. So now we watch and hopefully he is the franchise. Remember, Aikman, Both Manning's, Bradshaw, etc all struggled their rooki years. We need to get him the momentum for next year.

My Super Bowl Prediction:

Patriots vs Seattle

What's yours?

and none of them were as short as manziel or played in such a stupid college system.

Manziel looked like a high school player playing with men out there. I say fuck Manziel. Put Hoyer back in for the last two games. If we stick with JF and get trounced the last two games to go to 7-9, do you realize the damage psychologically that will do to this team going into next year? Try to end on a positive note by beating the Ravens. Only Hoyer could accomplish

this.

Plus, JF is one ugly fuck.

to me he's got two more games and if he can't produce or even look like a NFL player then then the QB wheel spins again.

No way. Haslam gets down on his knees and blows hoyer. Then tells him its his team. Pays Dallas to take johnny waterboy. Then gives hoyer 10 mil.

Fuck that dicklicker, get me an NFL QB with real size and a real arm.

Z

Name me one player that played well Sunday Zombo. The punter?

The team as a whole, collectively played like Absolute dong.

Johnny had no chance.

Was he bad? Yes. Did he play like a rook? Yes.

Did the team elevate their play around Johnny to increase his chances at success? No

First, were some posts dumped out of the prior page or was DieHard talking to himself?

Second, on the same page, was Walter actually giving someone a second chance?

Third, which would be more strange?

We have to temper expectations. I am probably at fault for expecting too much too soon. I didnt know what to expect once he got in there. I thought it would be a mixed bag, i didnt expect a complete disaster performance.

From here on out I am looking for improvement each week. Does he learn from his mistakes? Do you see progress? That really is the key. Nothing like live bullets and a shot of humility. I am happy for Johnny, he got de-flowered. Hopefully the media backs off a little and lets him learn and develope like any other rookie is suppose to.

If by "de-flowered" you mean "butt-fucked" and on a flexed to the max, Fox Sports nationwide broadcast, good choice of words.

As for the media "back(ing) off"... good luck with that. They'd have loved a success story, but given that there's blood in the water now, they'll just as gladly take a full out feeding frenzy.

Just rewatched the game (well the Browns offense). Not as bad as i thought for Manziel. Some real positives and of course negatives. I think many of us owe Hoyer an apology because this offense, doesnt do shit to help their QB. That was my impression. Too many breakdowns on the o-line, WRs dont get open and dont fight for the ball, running backs not knowing the play calls, stupid penalties, blow plays. I mean, it was just poor execution on the entire offense. I thought the Bengals played everything perfect. Manziel missed a few throws, mostly because he hesitated. I think he sat in the pocket and went through his reads. Made some nice throws on the run. His foot work is his own style, if you wanted perfect foot work you should have drafted another QB. My prediction is he plays much better next week. I dont know if the offense will score alot of points but i think Johnny wont hesitate as much. I know the forum is losing its fucking mind, but i feel good about him still. Lots to stay positive about.

Big turn in sentiments in two-hours...

So his footwork deteriorated in the two-weeks since the Bills game? I'll have to watch for that because it was perfect then... excepting the two pressures... which is understandable.

What was your impression of JM's read-option reads? On the mark? Signs of rust?

What percentage of JM's 18 pass attempts would you say came out in the rhythm of the play, i.e., on time?

Carolina's defense on the road is a tough matchup, especially what their front 7 will be able to do with pressure up the middle. JF not going to be able to step up through that, and unfortunately they've been doing a decent job of containing the edge as well.

And Baltimore is going to be hungry as hell the last week of the year, as they will likely have playoff ramifications.

Wouldn't be surprised if JF amd the browns offense continues to struggle mightily these next two. But....patience. Process. It'll come...just not now:)

Manziel could take a shit at midfield in both these next two games and he will start next year. The browns may use these games to evaluate a couple other positions, but qb is not one of them. And that would be true even if bh was still starting.

Manziel could also take a shit in your mouth and I suspect you'd like it.

Pettine has shown he doesnt care about draft position. If manziel wants to presume he starts, he'll watch Shaw do the throwing.

But: Manziel was the first one in the facility and the last one out all week.. so all you who say he isn't working now.. are objectively wrong. That's from NFL network.

You know who would also be a pretty smart qb...relative to his arm and athletic ability? Stephen hawking. And I don't want him leading our team either.

And what exactly are your qualifications?

Pettine has shown he doesnt care about draft position. If manziel wants to presume he starts, he'll watch Shaw do the throwing.

But: Manziel was the first one in the facility and the last one out all week.. so all you who say he isn't working now.. are objectively wrong. That's from NFL network.

Sure he's working hard now. Was he working hard the previous 14 weeks? Sunday's games says no..

Carolina's defense on the road is a tough matchup, especially what their front 7 will be able to do with pressure up the middle. JF not going to be able to step up through that, and unfortunately they've been doing a decent job of containing the edge as well.

And Baltimore is going to be hungry as hell the last week of the year, as they will likely have playoff ramifications.

Wouldn't be surprised if JF amd the browns offense continues to struggle mightily these next two. But....patience. Process. It'll come...just not now:)

Good plan asshat...get the excuses out of the way before he even plays his next game.

I think it was all the JFF nut swingers who raised the expectations so high. So now after we've seen a team game plan against him and what that result looked like, we should lower them? We benched a QB with an above .500 record as a starter to IMPROVE things. We were told over and over all we needed was the brilliance of our savior who art in football heaven to rescue us from evil, evil Brian Hoyer. We were told he has been working hard and preparing for 13 weeks for his chance to enlighten all us doubters. Nope, no lowering of expectations here. Sorry. This is what all the JFF lovers wanted. You got it. This team can't exist without a QB controversy. So good luck with the lowering of expectations campaign.

Archived