THE BROWNS BOARD

time to start the draft talk you Blunts.

Clevfan4life

I don't mean an early pick, but what about if Hundley fell to the 3rd, or Petty or Prescott...

How about Grayson, Carden, Fajardo, or Mannion with a mid-round pick... hell we have 2 4th round picks...

I think we'd be idiots not to bring in both a FA vet backup/fringe starter AND spend a pick on a guy who has talent as well...

I'm not a big fan of the idea of using yet another draft pick on a QB, but Hundley in the 3rd would be too good to pass up.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of the idea of using yet another draft pick on a QB, but Hundley in the 3rd would be too good to pass up.

If you don't have a franchise QB, you're looking for one...

We don't have one, so what position could possibly be more important to invest a draft pick in than QB?

Just my line of thinking...

1 game is way to early to dismiss a rookie QB. I bet the Browns stick with Manziel next season (I hope, it would be nice to have consistency for once) and sign some veteran as a mentor. With Manziel and Shaw (assuming Hoyer leaves), I would rather get a veteran QB than roll the dice on another rookie. Browns can probably sign Sexy Rexy for cheap and let him teach Johnny Shanahan's playbook.

YRRGS.jpg

We don't have one, so what position could possibly be more important to invest a draft pick in than QB?

Just my line of thinking...

You don't go out attempting to convince yourself a player is a franchise worthy QB. That's how you end up with the Ponders, Lockers, Cassell's and Young's of the NFL.

Yup... I've said since day one here, you're always looking for your next QB. The only thing that impacts how hard you look/ the price you'll pay... is the performance of the QB you have.

I haven't even started thinking draft. Not until we're mathematically eliminated anyways. What is our draft stats as of right now? What is Buffalo's pick? We are around what draft slot this year? What is the best possible pick we could get at this time? After that we could start to figure out what will be available.

As of right now, I'd like a Star Linebacker. Dansby wont last forever. It's time for a MLB that will dominate in orange and brown for a long time.

Then maybe OL, WR/TE, FB and a fucking K>

I've started seeing Landon Collins (S) as a first pick for the Browns. Like i've been saying for months. Unless we can get one of the stud OL, Landon would be a great safety-in-waiting behind Whitner.

I don't like WalterFootball's second pick (in the 1st) for us though, Sammie Coates. Awesome physical specimen, but he never been productive in college. More athlete than football player. Gametape > combine results.

Just a thought here, but why not dedicate a draft to the line of scrimmage. That area where games are won and lost. Since 1963 I remember a few HOFers and all pros populating the line on both sides of the ball and we won a lot of games. By hook or crook the old team always had a bunch of bad assed O and D linemen. Now, we have no depth and marginal talent. Been that way since 99. Change it up and DRAFT A FUCKING LINE already! Doing the same thing over and over is just insane!

Just a thought here, but why not dedicate a draft to the line of scrimmage. That area where games are won and lost. Since 1963 I remember a few HOFers and all pros populating the line on both sides of the ball and we won a lot of games. By hook or crook the old team always had a bunch of bad assed O and D linemen. Now, we have no depth and marginal talent. Been that way since 99. Change it up and DRAFT A FUCKING LINE already! Doing the same thing over and over is just insane!

I agree 100% unfortunately, & I don't know if it's specific to Cleveland, but there is too much emphasis placed on the quarterback.

It hasn't been a successful plan since the return.

WSS

I agree 100% unfortunately, & I don't know if it's specific to Cleveland, but there is too much emphasis placed on the quarterback.

It hasn't been a successful plan since the return.

WSS

I think that's why Bermie is so nuts. Without a real good line, Browns are just spinning wheels and selling tickets. Guys like Golic and Dieken were the ones winning ballgames

Im with you there.

I think we should go all defense and O line and just smear the field with our opponents. Then get a functional QB like Dilfer. Well only need 3 pts a week to win anyway.

Just a thought here, but why not dedicate a draft to the line of scrimmage. Now, we have no depth and marginal talent.

"Marginal talent"... let that soak in.

We need run defense. First round: DL and LB. Meh, if we want to go for Mariota or Winston, this is the year to try.

Second round: OL.

After that: BPA.

Good OL can be found late: just this past year, Henderson(7) for Buffalo, and Linsley(5) for GB.

Uhhh no, no it is not. There is no QB worth a first round investment, yet again. Unless some team is willing to sit Mannion for a year or so and let him work on quickening his release.

DL, WR, ILB, OL (quality depth) I got around to watching Denzel Perryman. Color me not impressed. Reminds me of Rey-rey when he was at USC.

Archived