THE BROWNS BOARD

time to start the draft talk you Blunts.

Clevfan4life

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't have said it better.

So why was I the first to throw the man a point?

Sunday's game showed how little depth we have in both lines.

Not to mention QB...

Really, Ag... It took you until Sunday to see we lacked O-line depth? I thought you were better than that.

Not many good ones, I'd rather keep Brian than take Sanchez, Ponder, Locker, etc, etc.

Ditto on Hoyer, but still hard to see happening.

Here's the full list of QB FAs...

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/

Actually the name you mentioned that I could see fitting is Locker. Question with him is health, but I see some good with him in our offense... at least the Hoyer version.

From the link's full list only one or two that interest me although in at least one case I am not sure why:

- Locker; and

- Jordan Palmer, the choice I'm a bit at a loss to explain except that I've seen glimpses of his brother from time to time.

I hope they take ALL of Walters 52 upcoming "need" picks...... Then we will be spared about 537 "who we shoulda picked" threads..

Upon what do you base your optimism?

so i guess they were bums in the 7 games we won? take away our biggest run stopper our top corner our top safety and some other key components............oh you're a waste of time.

you are the new flip flopper only behind walter.

In some of those games we won yes they were bums. And no I'm not flipping dude I've been raging about our run defense all season. I've been giving our secondary ALL THE PROPS!!! I have explicitly stated that if it weren't for them we'd have been talking about the draft after 6 games. We weren't stopping the run from day one when everyone was healthy...and I've been trying to figure out why all season, I've been the first to say I dunno. But after the Cincy game when the defense utterly had to bone up they didn't, so as far as I'm concerned one of two things need to happen....either the scheme changes or the personnel get blown up. I'm not employed at Berea so I don't know which has to go, the players or scheme. But I know what I'm seeing on Sundays...something has to go.

Common sense has nothing to do with the Browns since 99. Our players quit, plain and simple. Not all, but enough to make it look as pathetic as it did. It was a common theme with section 139, and anyone I talked to after the game. Sure, a few people simply blamed JF, but that's because they are just that, simple. There was no fight in our team. They just gave up.

Some folks don't seem to have seen that Sunday. I think half our roster got in a crash before the game and limped to the stadium

also...change the thread title back to cunts, thanks.

Sorry- title insulting to board members who actually have some intelligence. You going for shock value? (insert profanity here). Maybe I can have Zombo change your screen name to Cunt Head- would that make you happy?

Actually the name you mentioned that I could see fitting is Locker. Question with him is health, but I see some good with him in our offense... at least the Hoyer version.

I like Locker, he's got the arm and mobility you want in a quarterback but he's always hurt. He's missed 23 out of 48 games since he was named a starter in 2012.

I don't doubt a change of scenery would do him some good, but if you bring in a guy like him to compete for the starting job you also need a solid backup for all the games he will miss.

Not many good ones, I'd rather keep Brian than take Sanchez, Ponder, Locker, etc, etc.

Agreed. No QBs drafted next year.

At this point they should wait and see what Manziel does these last two games...then decide on Hoyer and what they want to offer him, if anything.

Common sense has nothing to do with the Browns since 99. Our players quit, plain and simple. Not all, but enough to make it look as pathetic as it did. It was a common theme with section 139, and anyone I talked to after the game. Sure, a few people simply blamed JF, but that's because they are just that, simple. There was no fight in our team. They just gave up.

Missed this lil' gem back on page 2... "quit", "no fight"... synonyms for "uninspired"?

Joe Thomas warned us a couple weeks ago about the impact of a QB change on the team, and while he said the right things after the change was announced, it just may be his original take was correct.

Missed this lil' gem back on page 2... "quit", "no fight"... synonyms for "uninspired"?

Joe Thomas warned us a couple weeks ago about the impact of a QB change on the team, and while he said the right things after the change was announced, it just may be his original take was correct.

The team made it to the point they had with Hoyer at QB. Signaling for a QB change told the rest of the team their playoff hopes hinged on a suspect rookie. When said rookie started turning the ball over, people

really wonder why the team looked uninspired?

Well I bet someone will give him 7 guaranteed next year- regardless we don't even need to spend 5 mill on a BACKUP qb.

Facts not in evidence... especially the "BACKUP" jab. History may judge that stance harshly...

The team made it to the point they had with Hoyer at QB. Signaling for a QB change told the rest of the team their playoff hopes hinged on a suspect rookie. When said rookie started turning the ball over, people

really wonder why the team looked uninspired?

Or when the offense went into the game with a game plan and a playbook dumbed down to less than Tebow level? Then make it 17-0 or 20-0, too. I don't know. Have no way of knowing. Just asking....Hopefully this Sunday's better just from a competency perspective, let alone stats and, you know, winning (insert Hoyer 10-6 comment here).

Well I bet someone will give him 7 guaranteed next year- regardless we don't even need to spend 5 mill on a BACKUP qb.

Manziel isn't a free agent after the season. Regardless nobody would pay him anywhere close to 5 million...or are you talking about a different backup QB?

So why was I the first to throw the man a point?

Not to mention QB...

Really, Ag... It took you until Sunday to see we lacked O-line depth? I thought you were better than that.

Ha, Ha-addressed to the guy who has been pushing Cedric Ogbuehi for RT from the moment I arrived. Good one Tour. :lol: :lol:

PS-and if the RG isn't producing you can shift him there since he started his freshman year there before shifting to RT. Extremely versatile.

And if Mack is not recovered, got to find a way to get Auburn's center. That would be priority #1.

Ditto on Hoyer, but still hard to see happening.

Here's the full list of QB FAs...

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/

From the link's full list only one or two that interest me although in at least one case I am not sure why:

- Locker; and

- Jordan Palmer, the choice I'm a bit at a loss to explain except that I've seen glimpses of his brother from time to time.

We NEED someone to compete with Manziel for the starter, and be a competent backup in case something happens... I'm not ready to go into 2015 with Manziel and Shaw as our QB depth...

I'd love to re-sign Hoyer and give him another open competition with Manziel in camp. I don't see why that can't happen...BUT if Hoyer leaves...

Locker has the most talent of the FAs left, but he has continuously been injured and would probably not be a reliable guy

I'd be interested in Christian Ponder. He has a unique still set and has had some success in the NFL. Look at his 2012 stat-line, it is MUCH better than Hoyer's was this year. He has not looked so good recently, but he seems to have the ability to succeed in the right system, and maybe our system would fit.

I also have some interest in Austin Davis. He's played well as a 3rd string QB this year, but he doesn't have the same pedigree or shear talent that Ponder has.

Also...

We have enough draft picks, why wouldn't we draft another QB?

I don't mean an early pick, but what about if Hundley fell to the 3rd, or Petty or Prescott...

How about Grayson, Carden, Fajardo, or Mannion with a mid-round pick... hell we have 2 4th round picks...

I think we'd be idiots not to bring in both a FA vet backup/fringe starter AND spend a pick on a guy who has talent as well...

Actually I was thinking similar skill set to JM... except with more "skill". Put a stop to emphasizing two different sections of the playbook.

I see that potential in Locker.

We NEED someone to compete with Manziel for the starter, and be a competent backup in case something happens... I'm not ready to go into 2015 with Manziel and Shaw as our QB depth...

We have enough draft picks, why wouldn't we draft another QB? I don't mean an early pick, but what about if Hundley fell to the 3rd, or Petty or Prescott... How about Grayson, Carden, Fajardo, or Mannion with a mid-round pick... hell we have 2 4th round picks...

Agree... and maybe on Ponder, but he seemed to hit a wall with the Vikes.

Not up enough on the QB crop yet to comment on the likely mid-round options, so... maybe spend a pick in a trade?

This may be way over the top, but a 5th for RG3?

Seems to have worn out his WSH welcome. (duh!)

Meets the similar skill set criteria.

Subway vs. Snickers...

See what happens...

Then again, I might just be "giving up".

I think we need to start evaluating our strength and conditioning coaches. It seems to me that both our O and D lines are fine the first 5 or 6 games every year and then start getting manhandled and start dropping like flies with injuries, which certainly doesn't help our QB or RB's. I think we need bigger targets at the WR spot. We're undersized at that position. I think our RB's are fine. There's no reason to draft another QB unless get rid of one. I think we have depth we just need to find out why we can't seem to keep them healthy.

GO BROWNS !

Actually I was thinking similar skill set to JM... except with more "skill". Put a stop to emphasizing two different sections of the playbook.

Not up enough on the QB crop yet to comment on the likely mid-round options, so... maybe spend a pick in a trade?

Subway vs. Snickers...

See what happens...

Sean Mannion.

Subway vs. Snickers...

See what happens...

Imagine the media blitz with RG3 and JFF? No thanks.

Archived