THE BROWNS BOARD

Good game, thoughts from Ravens perspective on Game and Season, and a question

PurplePantyWaste

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they do. I have extended family, who are unfortunately Steelers fans, that live in Atlanta and Colorado. They spread like a disease.

I'm not sure where I'd fall if there was no Cleveland football. If the Browns didn't exist, likely neither would the Bengals. Due to geographical location, I'd probably would've been raised a Steelers fan. Oh the horror...

I don't hate Baltimore because they aren't the "Old Browns" anymore. There isn't a player on roster that was around for The Move and its time to get past that. I despise the Ratbirds for their whiny fanbase. I LOATHE Pittsburgh fans because they're toothless mountain people. Seriously, these are the fuckers that sell out WWE shows on a constant basis.

The Bungles I have less of an issue with. Been to a couple games in Cincy, most of the fans are cool with Browns fans. We have heartbreaking history and a long standing series of ineptitude.

For the most part, many of them would pull for the Brownies should we make the playoffs and they don't. Lets be honest with ourselves, if the Browns never existed, we'd all be Bengals fans.

Whether or not the Ravens are the "old Browns" never had anything to do with players for me. I never said, damn, those players are traitors, or, damn, Ray Lewis should've been our guy, and I didn't change my mind the day Matt Stover retired. If I was 20 years old, or 60 years old, I'd probably feel differently about the history and current significance. The Ravens will always be illegitimate to me. I hate the Steelers, too, but I can, at least on rare occasion, respect the franchise and its success.

I wouldn't be a Bengals fan if the Browns didn't exist. I'm a Browns fan because my dad grew up in Erie, Pa during the 60s. Some 20 years later, even though I grew up in Indiana, then Virginia, I was never given a choice in the matter. Had the Browns not existed I'm not sure what I'd be, and I got a test run for three seasons as an impressionable little mush head but my golf game got better on Sundays instead of caring more about some other NFL team. As for my dad, I guess he might've passed the Steelers or Bills along instead.

Interesting question. If the Browns were for some reason no more, who would you root for. I would have to think about that one for a while. Definetly not any other AFCN team

The Cleveland Bulldogs.....for if the Browns were no more, this town would get an expansion team.....or would take someone else's team and reconfigure it.

When the potential occurred that the "Cleveland Browns" would be no more, an expansion team being located here was an option and the Cleveland Bulldogs was the most common name bandied about for that team.

The Cleveland Bulldogs.....for if the Browns were no more, this town would get an expansion team.....or would take someone else's team and reconfigure it.

When the potential occurred that the "Cleveland Browns" would be no more, an expansion team being located here was an option and the Cleveland Bulldogs was the most common name bandied about for that team.

Hypothetically. Cleveland has no football. I think I may have to go with Houston

Archived