THE BROWNS BOARD

Good game, thoughts from Ravens perspective on Game and Season, and a question

PurplePantyWaste

First off, I'm not here to rub anything in.

The Browns were a much improved team this year. At one point you guys were 7-4 at the top of the division. And that was with without Gordon and with Hoyer starting.

That probably doesn't make many of you feel better, but it's true. The Browns are now a team I dread facing. I actually predicted you guys to win this one, and for a while it looked like I was gonna be correct.

Although much has changed from week 3 till now, both games were eerily similar.

The Browns basically controlled both games for the majority of the 4 quarters of play. Then at the end Flacco and the offense stepped up to steal the game away late. And both game winning/defining plays were made against the Browns top All Pro Corner Joe Hayden.

Anyways, good game, good season.

Now, I'm curious. Who is everybody here rooting for this Saturday, Ravens or Steelers? Or is it one of those games where you just don't root for either team?

Is there a team any of you are pulling for in the playoffs? My father has always rooted for the North winner if the Ravens weren't in it anymore. I usually root for an NFC team, usually the Packers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll pull for the team whose had the longest championship drought....which means Pittsburgh and your team are at the bottom of the list. Actually I make an exception for those two teams. If they never won another it'd be too soon.

Fair enough, not a bad way to pick a team. So, in this tears 12 teams is that the Panthers since they never won one?

Piss off. Why would we "root" for either team?

But I'm rooting for the Panthers.

Ok. A simple no would have been fine.

My only reservation against rooting for the Panthers if the Ravens lose is the fact they're a sub 500 team in the playoffs.

That being said, I guess my list right now off the top of my head would go like this:

Detroit

Arizona

Carolina

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Green Bay

Seattle

The remaining teams I simply don’t want to see get anywhere, but if I had to list them:

Dallas / New England Tie

Denver

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Piss off. Why would we "root" for either team?

But I'm rooting for the Panthers.

And it's not an unthinkable idea to root for a teams in your division. You have every right not to, but the idea isn't preposterous, I know many Steelers fans who root for the Ravens and vice versa when their own team is out and done.

Fair enough, not a bad way to pick a team. So, in this tears 12 teams is that the Panthers since they never won one?

My only reservation against rooting for the Panthers if the Ravens lose is the fact they're a sub 500 team in the playoffs.

I don't know, they are still a young team comparatively so just because they've never won I put them lower than others like Detroit or Arizona.

That being said, I guess my list right now off the top of my head would go like this:

Detroit

Arizona

Carolina

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Green Bay

Seattle

The remaining teams I simply don’t want to see get anywhere, but if I had to list them:

Dallas / New England Tie

Denver

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Well at least the Ravens aren't dead last on the list...lol.

Though curious as to why Cincy is so high on the list...I know they haven't won anything in a while but they don't have much better history with the Browns than the Steelers or Ravens yet they're at the bottom of your list.

Well at least the Ravens aren't dead last on the list...lol.

Though curious as to why Cincy is so high on the list...I know they haven't won anything in a while but they don't have much better history with the Browns than the Steelers or Ravens yet they're at the bottom of your list.

They've not won before...and they are the other Ohio team. But that's not saying much. The rest below them have won recently or for those from Dallas on down I simply dislike the teams and anytime they struggle I'm happy with that. Personally I wish Cincinnati wasn't in our division, or the AFC at all, but that's another story.

They've not won before...and they are the other Ohio team. But that's not saying much. The rest below them have won recently or for those from Dallas on down I simply dislike the teams and anytime they struggle I'm happy with that. Personally I wish Cincinnati wasn't in our division, or the AFC at all, but that's another story.

Yeah, I can understand that.

Well the Bengals won an AFC Championship before, not sure if they ever won anything before the Superbowl era. But I understand your rationale.

I have a genuine distaste for all the teams in our division.....but if I have to watch one win, which I have for 30 years now, Id go with Pittspuke.....at least Im kind of used to them winning....

Then Baltimore....but only cause I hate the Bengals most....what a chump team they are and always have been.....

and their helmets suck too

I have a genuine distaste for all the teams in our division.....but if I have to watch one win, which I have for 30 years now, Id go with Pittspuke.....at least Im kind of used to them winning....

Then Baltimore....but only cause I hate the Bengals most....what a chump team they are and always have been.....

I get what you're saying, but just can't go with Pittsburgh..ever..and I dislike Ravens just a bit more than the Bengals. But on the division teams part, I don't like Cincy or Baltimore here and wish we could replace them with others.

And it's not an unthinkable idea to root for a teams in your division. You have every right not to, but the idea isn't preposterous, I know many Steelers fans who root for the Ravens and vice versa when their own team is out and done.

We will root for the meatwagon so that whomever the Ravens or Steelers meet in the next round they do so with a teams depleted with injuries. If the Browns have to continue to play with third string rookies due to injuries why not these two teams. Even in a playoff game.

Unfortunately Gip, the Ravens and Steelers play each other first playoff wild card round. This part I hated the most with Steelers winning last night, because now there has to be a winner to make it to the divisional round. And if I were a betting man...I'd have to go all in on Steelers in this matchup.

Yeah, I can understand that.

Well the Bengals won an AFC Championship before, not sure if they ever won anything before the Superbowl era. But I understand your rationale.

The Bengals have never won a championship since their creation in 1968.....which by the way is after the "SuperBowl era". They didn't exist in the non Super Bowl era. They came closest in 1981 and 1988 when they faced the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Both games were fairly close losses.

No team from Cincinnati/SW Ohio has ever won a pro football championship.

On the contrary, teams from Cleveland and NE Ohio have won 13 pro football championships.....tied with Green Bay for most by any city/region. (FYI, Baltimore area has 5: 3 by the Colts, 2 by Ravens)

Here is your history lesson for the day.

Unfortunately Gip, the Ravens and Steelers play each other first playoff wild card round.

Ergo, my rooting interest being in the meatwagon.

This part I hated the most with Steelers winning last night, because now there has to be a winner to make it to the divisional round. And if I were a betting man...I'd have to go all in on Steelers in this matchup.

Actually, worse was San Diego choking. If the Chargers had won the Ravens win over the Browns still would have not put them into the playoffs.

Unfortunately Gip, the Ravens and Steelers play each other first playoff wild card round.

Yep, I re-read your last statement and somehow missed that acknowledgment. My bad.

This part I hated the most with Steelers winning last night, because now there has to be a winner to make it to the divisional round. And if I were a betting man...I'd have to go all in on Steelers in this matchup.

Actually, worse was San Diego choking. If the Chargers had won the Ravens win over the Browns still would have not put them into the playoffs.

Agreed. Steelers were in no matter so this was worse.

The Browns basically controlled both games for the majority of the 4 quarters of play. Then at the end Flacco and the offense stepped up to steal the game away late. And both game winning/defining plays were made against the Browns top All Pro Corner Joe Hayden.

Actually the skinny post for the TD was against Skrine. The moon ball to Smith, yeah... against Haden. I mean, statistically if you throw enough of those fuckers up there, you're bound to come down with one of them. Haden was 2 for 3 on the day, not bad.

I don't like anybody in the AFC except the Browns. I would expect the Steelers to win vs the Ratbirds, but won't root for either team. I think Cincy will beat the Colts.

NFC is different. I'd prefer the Lions or Cardinals, but that would take a miracle. Seattle looks too tough right now, I think they repeat.

I hate the Ravens and Bengals too much. Rooting for Colts and Steelers. I will watch all the games this weekend but think in the end it will be Seattle and Patriots. The Patriots and Colts play in the AFC's worst divisions and I'm sick of it.

Only reason I give Steelers any consideration is because I respect their coach. Mike Tomlin is a football guy thru and thru. And the whole organization's pedigree of winning gives them the edge.

I am looking forward to the mock drafts one day after the season ended. C'est toujour la meme chose!

I've been hell bent on re-alignment

I hate the Ravens and Bengals too much. Rooting for Colts and Steelers. I will watch all the games this weekend but think in the end it will be Seattle and Patriots. The Patriots and Colts play in the AFC's worst divisions and I'm sick of it.

Only reason I give Steelers any consideration is because I respect their coach. Mike Tomlin is a football guy thru and thru. And the whole organization's pedigree of winning gives them the edge.

I am looking forward to the mock drafts one day after the season ended. C'est toujour la meme chose!

FRAK!! Tomlin is no more of a football guy than Lewis or Harbaugh.

If the steelers won another Superbowl, that'd give them one more piece of ammo for their obnoxious fans "well we've won more championships than anybody."

We will root for the meatwagon so that whomever the Ravens or Steelers meet in the next round they do so with a teams depleted with injuries. If the Browns have to continue to play with third string rookies due to injuries why not these two teams. Even in a playoff game.

Because the Ravens have absolutely no injuries that they've overcome...please.

The Bengals have never won a championship since their creation in 1968.....which by the way is after the "SuperBowl era". They didn't exist in the non Super Bowl era. They came closest in 1981 and 1988 when they faced the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Both games were fairly close losses.

No team from Cincinnati/SW Ohio has ever won a pro football championship.

On the contrary, teams from Cleveland and NE Ohio have won 13 pro football championships.....tied with Green Bay for most by any city/region. (FYI, Baltimore area has 5: 3 by the Colts, 2 by Ravens)

Here is your history lesson for the day.

AFC Championships they have won seeing as they've made it to the Superbowl a few times...

But thanks for the history.

Honestly, that was a steal of a Christmas present.

Actually the skinny post for the TD was against Skrine. The moon ball to Smith, yeah... against Haden. I mean, statistically if you throw enough of those fuckers up there, you're bound to come down with one of them. Haden was 2 for 3 on the day, not bad.

yes, but the bomb to Smith was the momentum changer and set up the skinny post.

2 for 3 over all, 0 for 1 when it mattered the most.

He's 0 for 2 this year at the end of games in clutch moments.

FRAK!! Tomlin is no more of a football guy than Lewis or Harbaugh.

Idk what you mean by this exactly...can you please elaborate?

I can't possibly root for any of the AFC North teams. Screw them all... I'm with whoever said they want a lot of injures in the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game so they have no chance in the next round. Go Colts.

I'd like to see Denver win just because I'd like seeing Manning get a 2nd ring. In the NFC...Im rooting for the Packers and Cowboys.

If the steelers won another Superbowl, that'd give them one more piece of ammo for their obnoxious fans "well we've won more championships than anybody."

Winning another Super Bowl would only give Pittsburgh a little over half of the number of championships that we have won here in NEOhio.

Are they working on their 3rd string QB? Did your All Pro Center go down for the year? Did your Pro Bowl Nose Tackle get injured? (does losing a guy to substance about count....if so we can count the best WR in the game last year being out for 10 games). Your Pro Bowl Free Safety? Your best LB? I am sure I have not finished.

AFC Championships they have won seeing as they've made it to the Superbowl a few times...

Bengals won those AFC Championship game twice.

Opal said that he admired Tomlin and the Steelers because he was such a "football guy". I questioned that because I don't believe Tomlin is any more of a football guy than anyone else.....and I mentioned Tomlin and Lewis.

But FYI for you and for Opal....the real "football guy" that gives the Steelers their edge and has now for a decade is Dick LeBeau. He has been more valuable to the Steelers than any string of HCs that have come and gone in the AFCN over the years.

I can't possibly root for any of the AFC North teams. Screw them all... I'm with whoever said they want a lot of injures in the Pittsburgh/Baltimore game so they have no chance in the next round. Go Colts.

I'd like to see Denver win just because I'd like seeing Manning get a 2nd ring. In the NFC...Im rooting for the Packers and Cowboys.

I will go for the teams that went the longest without winning. That is why the Bengals winning would be OK by me. I might even be sympathetic to the Steelers and Ravens in about 50 years if they do not win. Call me then. I will be 113 years old.

Winning another Super Bowl would only give Pittsburgh a little over half of the number of championships that we have won here in NEOhio.

True but Buttsburgh fans don't count non Superbowl Championships

Are they working on their 3rd string QB? Did your All Pro Center go down for the year? Did your Pro Bowl Nose Tackle get injured? (does losing a guy to substance about count....if so we can count the best WR in the game last year being out for 10 games). Your Pro Bowl Free Safety? Your best LB? I am sure I have not finished.

With out our best corner in Jimmy Smith and every good corner we had, our two tackles, four games without Ngata, lost Pitta, lost every viable member of our secondary not named Web, but he didn't play for the first 6 weeks and didn't play well until very recently, we didn't have Will Hill for the first 10 games and he and Webb are the only members of the secondary with any credentials, down to two running backs, and we lost Owen Daniels for several weeks while being without Pitta for the whole year.

We've been relying on at TE, Crocket Gilmore, Supernaw, at CB Danny Gorrer (who then also get injured), Asa Jackson (served a 6 game or so suspension and then game back for two games and got injured), Elam who's a second year safety playing nickel back, some guy hamed Rashaan Melvin playing #2 corner now that we've gone through 4-5 or more healthy corners and safeties for the year.

Our secondary is so thin that if it was paper it would break by just blowing on it.

Bengals won those AFC Championship game twice.

Opal said that he admired Tomlin and the Steelers because he was such a "football guy". I questioned that because I don't believe Tomlin is any more of a football guy than anyone else.....and I mentioned Tomlin and Lewis.

But FYI for you and for Opal....the real "football guy" that gives the Steelers their edge and has now for a decade is Dick LeBeau. He has been more valuable to the Steelers than any string of HCs that have come and gone in the AFCN over the years.

I will go for the teams that went the longest without winning. That is why the Bengals winning would be OK by me. I might even be sympathetic to the Steelers and Ravens in about 50 years if they do not win. Call me then. I will be 113 years old.

I'll hold you to it if I'm still kicking ;)

First off, I'm not here to rub anything in.

The Browns were a much improved team this year. At one point you guys were 7-4 at the top of the division. And that was with without Gordon and with Hoyer starting.

That probably doesn't make many of you feel better, but it's true. The Browns are now a team I dread facing. I actually predicted you guys to win this one, and for a while it looked like I was gonna be correct.

Although much has changed from week 3 till now, both games were eerily similar.

Anyways, good game, good season.

Now, I'm curious. Who is everybody here rooting for this Saturday, Ravens or Steelers? Or is it one of those games where you just don't root for either team?

Is there a team any of you are pulling for in the playoffs? My father has always rooted for the North winner if the Ravens weren't in it anymore. I usually root for an NFC team, usually the Packers.

I Hope you guys beat the steelers then get demolished by anyone else.

Archived