THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills

Zombo

Doug Marrone opted out of his contract.

So after their first winning season in forever, they go into the offseason with no coach, no qb, and no first round pick.

Not a good look.

Zombo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug Marrone opted out of his contract.

So after their first winning season in forever, they go into the offseason with no coach, no qb, and no first round pick.

Not a good look.

Zombo

Their Fans have got to be scheduling counseling right now. That IMHO is worse then the crap we have had experienced.

There was a clause in his contract that gave him a chance to opt out if there was an ownership change.

He was scheduled to make $4 million in 2015, but he may double that salary elsewhere.

That's not how it's going down here.

Word has it that Marrone wanted an extension for himself and his coaches. Marrone felt he had the opportunity to turn this so called winning season into an extention for himself and his.staff, and went for it by trying to leverage the Pegulas with the clause.

The Pegulas told him that his time was coming to an end. Everyone was shocked, probably no one as much as Marrone, so Marrone opted out to save face because he was about to be fired anyway.

Bill Polian will be the new boss, and watch and see who one of the richest and most liquid owner in all of pro sports hires. It could be as simple as old friend Frank Reich, or it could be Bill Cowher who had dinner with the Pegulas right before Christmas.

Nobody knows, but money will not be a factor whatsoever.

GTFO.

you'll be lucky to get the sweat from ryan's ball jock before you get cowher. he ain't coming back.

you laughed when i said watkins wasn't worth the pick.......

well i'm laughing cuz now you have no qb and no coach. bill polian who gets every pick wrong now pre-draft?

HAR DEE HAR HAR HAR MFer.

CLAPPY NEW YEAR!

Word has it that Marrone wanted an extension for himself and his coaches. Marrone felt he had the opportunity to turn this so called winning season into an extention for himself and his shitty offensive staff, and went for it by trying to leverage the Pegulas with the clause.

The Pegulas told him that his time was coming to an end. Everyone was shocked, probably no one as much as Marrone, so Marrone opted out to save face because he was about to be fired anyway.

Bill Polian will be the new boss, so watch and see who one of the richest and most liquid owner in all of pro sports hires. It could be as simple as old friend Frank Reich, or it could be Bill Cowher who had dinner with the Pegulas right before Christmas.

You have more of a pulse whats going on up there. But I don't believe Cowher would take that. The biggest question is that you have no first round pick and no QB. Thats a big obstacle to overcome. Another new coach, new schemes, new Offense, has an effect (negative) on the existing players.

I can agree with that from looking on the outside in, but as I sit here tonight, Bills offensive players seem to be celebrating, especially EJ Manuel by tweeting HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Beat writers are saying that the team is now much better off without Marrone, A lot of our QB problems with Manuel and o line problems may have stemmed right from Marrone's surly attitude with his players. Manuel definitely played like a robot under Marrone, instead of like the first few games before he got hurt in Cleveland.

I do believe whatever is going to happen has already taken place, and Marrone definitely got pushed out. We will all know soon enough.

We sure will, But I must be a gentleman and thank you for the first round pick! BTW Happy New Years!

I can agree with that from looking on the outside in, but as I sit here tonight, Bills offensive players seem to be celebrating, especially EJ Manuel by tweeting HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Beat writers are saying that the team is now much better off without Marrone, A lot of our QB problems with Manuel and o line problems may have stemmed right from Marrone's surly attitude with his players. Manuel definitely played like a robot under Marrone, instead of like the first few games before he got hurt in Cleveland.

I do believe whatever is going to happen has already taken place, and Marrone definitely got pushed out. We will all know soon enough.

Yeah- I know your new owner has money- but so does every other owner- except tightwad Mike Brown. Come on, $12 million for Cowher? 50% more than any other NFL coach is pulling down?

He'd be far better served sinking $50-70 million into stadium upgrades- though I've never been- Browns fans who have- say they're badly needed.

Toxic, I'm still laughing. Laughing at you.

Polian has a ring as a GM, and you?

Dude, you are throwing stones, and the glass in your house was shattered a few weeks ago in Buffalo, and you never recovered.

The doper you called your Ferreri and better than Watkins, you know, the guy who was going to tear the Bills up?

I'm busting a gut because you are ready to run him out. I bet Watkins looks pretty good right now, huh?

We have him, and you what out of your last pair of 1st rounders.

I wouldn't be taking shots at other front offices either if I were you. Our owner didn't let a street bum call our shot. The NFL is still laughing at that one, so do yourself a favor and go back in your hole and stop embarrassing yourself.

My apologies to the rest of the Browns fans.

I don't fucking care if they get Cowher or not. I'd rather have a smart offensive minded guy with some sack. Right now, I'm more concerned with keeping Schwartz here. I do know if Cowher does want to coach, it will probably be here where we have his style of defensive talent, and Pegula would probably pay him 12-15 million a year if he feels like it, and not miss the check.

The QB thing will work itself out by next year.

Happy New Year cunt face!

Toxic, I'm still laughing. Laughing at you.

Polian has a ring as a GM, and you?

Dude, you are throwing stones, and the glass in your house was shattered a few weeks ago in Buffalo, and you never recovered.

The doper you called your Ferreri and better than Watkins, you know, the guy who was going to tear the Bills up?

I'm busting a gut because you are ready to run him out. I bet Watkins looks pretty good right now, huh?

We have him, and you what out of your last pair of 1st rounders.

I wouldn't be taking shots at other front offices either if I were you. Our owner didn't let a street bum call our shot. The NFL is still laughing at that one, so do yourself a favor and go back in your hole and stop embarrassing yourself.

My apologies to the rest of the Browns fans.

I don't fucking care if they get Cowher or not. I'd rather have a smart offensive minded guy with some sack. Right now, I'm more concerned with keeping Schwartz here. I do know if Cowher does want to coach, it will probably be here where we have his style of defensive talent, and Pegula would probably pay him 12-15 million a year if he feels like it, and not miss the check.

You want to pay Cowher more money than Belichick makes? lmao.

I'm pretty sure that would make him almost double the highest paid HC in the league and to be perfectly honest Cowher just isn't that great. He's Andy Reid tier and the most overrated HC prospect by every single hapless organization in the NFL.

What is with these awful teams thinking Cowher is going to save them?

I'm not a big fan of the Bills, but was impressed with them this season. I hope the rumor about Cowher is true. Maybe he can take the next step and start beating up on Bellichik (sp...whatever). It's good to see a team that has struggled turn things around. It almost kind of makes me think there is hope for the Browns. You know....the carrot in front of the horses nose thing.

As we thank you for settlng for Gilbert, and giving us our star receiver for the next decade in Sammy Watkins.

Let's hope your two firsts don't go to waste again this year. I am personally hoping they hit big.

Gilbert may have maturity issues, but Watkins is a 2nd level receiver, he'll be solid not one of the greats. Gilbert has more upside at his position. And the first round pick to boot makes it a no-brainer.

Buffalo is the only team where coaches just quit. Second time it has happened, lol.

But you have a good, young wide receiver, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Zombo

Browns fans here have a real solution for you. Since you are obviously going to win the SB, we will give you the Browns 2014 #22 pick for your 2016 #32. Browns will even pay the freight charge.

That will make last year's 2 for 1 look like child's play since Watkins turned out so much better than Gilbert and whomever we get at #19 this year.

It's a great deal. Take it!

Zombo, want to understand what all of our receivers, including Watkins deals with? Have you seen our offensive line? They are all so big, they can't run. Screens are out of the question, as well as pass protection. We can't run because they can't run block either.

Our QB?

I'm surprised anyone caught the ball this year. Watkins was open all year long, but Marrone never trusted Orton to throw against the other teams best DB.

We do that trade 100 times over because like Gilbert, production can only go up. Draft picks are useless if you keep drafting prima donnas.

As far as paying Cowher, I'm not paying him, a guy with 5 billion dollars from Pennsylvania wants to turn things around will be paying him. Besides, that figure was from me, not the Bills because I'm sure if Cowher wants to come back, and that's the figure he wants, it'll be a done deal.

He gave 88 million to Penn State to build a hockey rink, so I guess that oil and gas money keeps coming in and causing him tax problems.

Why did you give me such a cool-headed and sensible answer on Watkins, I was trying to troll you, lol.

Oh well, you guys were similar to us this year without the drama. Your defense was a playoff defense but the offense sputtered. Orton was one of the few starters with a QBR lower than Hoyer, you mentioned the o-line and the running game. We started off with a running game and OL, but one key injury (to the best center in the NFL in my biased opinion) blew that all up an exposed our offense and it's mediocre passing game.

We are in excellent shape a s far as draft picks and cap space. I think we found the coach but the perennial search for the QB continues, until then Ben and Flacco get to beat us every year (thank God we finally got Ben once) and the best we can hope for is "gritty" and "spunky".

Zombo

--PS forget about Cowher, they never recapture the magic when they are away that long.

Ahahaha.....Anyone who believes that story that a homeless guy made the manziel pick is simply foolish.....really???.....omg

We do that trade 100 times over because like Gilbert, production can only go up. Draft picks are useless unless you pick football players instead of prima donnas.

That works out good for both teams, because we make that trade 100 times over too.....even though Sammy finished as the fourth or fifth best receiver, you all still think he's worth twice as much as the others.....hahaha

I love driving my million dollar corvette too.....and it doesn't even bother me that everyone else got their corvette for 20 g's.....mine is fast and cool....

Pegula looks to build a new stadium, hopefully a retracting roof for guys like me who bitch about the cold, but I'm also a guy who spends $8,500 in season tickets.

You talk about your "rich" owner....a lot.....but I wonder what that means........

Aren't they all rich?......isn't there a salary cap?......and what owners build stadiums?....never heard of that.

My guess is your RICH owner makes a deal so all the Buffalo fans can pay for that new stadium....just a guess....but thats usually how it goes.....

My memory of good, Bills fans is fading.

Agree with the above, hard to see Cowher leaving his TV gig, but if he did:

Can't see Cowher going to a division where there is not a clear path into the playoffs;

Can't see him going to a smaller market than he left in Pittsburgh.

As for the Bills' fine D... Cowher is a 3-4 guy... all the way.

Based on the openings so far that would leave Atlanta as his option.

we'll see how sammy does with jeff tool throwing him the ball.

in 2 years when gilbert and the browns are gearing up for their playoff game, the bills will be cleaning out their lockers cuz god knows watkins put them over the top.

Coming from a Manziel lover, and an obvious expert in spotting QB talent, I'm taking that shot with a beer LOL.

Really dude, go back and read your prior posts, some real comic genius there..

Enjoy your beer. LOL :P

Word has it that Marrone wanted an extension for himself and his coaches. Marrone felt he had the opportunity to turn this so called winning season into an extention for himself and his shitty offensive staff, and went for it by trying to leverage the Pegulas with the clause.

Bill Polian will be the new boss, so watch and see who one of the richest and most liquid owner in all of pro sports hires. It could be as simple as old friend Frank Reich, or it could be Bill Cowher who had dinner with the Pegulas right before Christmas.

Looks like Polian turned down your GM Position according to ESPN. So looks like your savior is gonna be someone else.

Man, I love the back and fourth talk here. We all feel we are one or two players away. Truth is that both teams need a lot. Watkins does us no good without someone to throw the ball, and Cleveland has better drafts without first rounders to blow.

We all have our problems to overcome folks. Personally, I hope that we kick your ass in the AFC Championship game.

Watkins doesn't justify a #4 and #19 overall or whatever. No other way to cut the cake than that.

I don't really care to compare the bills and browns situations, but if you could go back in time you wouldn't make the Watkins trade unless you're crazy.

Looks like Polian turned down your GM Position according to ESPN. So looks like your savior is gonna be someone else.

Polian sounds like he was interested until Orton retired and Marrone quit

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12107463/bill-polian-informs-buffalo-bills-remain-espn-analyst-commentator

I'm hearing Jets want him. But I don't think that's a better job, maybe more money though.

Z

The money will be better and it is a better job. The Jets team right now may not be all that good, but it is still a better job.

Let's face it. Coaching is as short term as being a player. When you have a chance to grab the cash and end up in a better city, you take that chance.

Dude, with respect, without Brady, Bellichick was fired back in 2005.

You have as much time as Brady. When he goes, you are 4-12. He is more than a generational QB. He is the Pats, perod.

Enjoy these Brady years. You hit the lotto with him, and you got the hardware because of solid QB play. When the Brady career ends, the Pats come off the magic carpet.

I will go on to say that not only does Bellichick know that, but I expect him to retire when Brady does because no sane man wants his legacy tarnished with what's coming.

Um, you do know that Belichick has two rings without Brady, right? As well as a defensive game plan sitting in the Hall of Fame for his Superbowl victory over.... the Bills.

Belichick doesn't suck without Brady, he just won't have a HOF Quarterback anymore which will make a difference.

If you want to know who sucks without who, Bill Parcels sucks without Belichick, and his record on multiple different teams shows it.

Belichick toppled Parcels Patriots at Cleveland in the playoffs and had built the Browns into the off season Superbowl favorites the year Art ripped Clevelands hearts out. Were it not for that, Cleveland might be looking at 3 or 4 Superbowl rings (the one Baltimore got AND the ones that resulted from Belichick building his program in New England).

And since Belichick drafted Brady, and believed in him enough to keep an abundance of QB's on the roster in order to not risk waivers, Brady might even have spent his career wearing brown.

Not trying to turn the Cleveland posters here into alchoholic depressives, but your take on Belichick is just wrong. He's by far the best HC in the league, and it honestly isn't even close.

Let's talk about it if Brady gets injured or retires. When he is out, then we will see what Bellichichs got..

Until then, Bellichick is the luckiest motherfucker to ever roam the sidelines..

30 years of Conference Championships and Superbowl appearances and top defenses and top offenses and #1 seeds sort of makes that statement laughable.

It's one thing to be a flash in the pan and have a good year or a good little run before fading back into irrelevancy and getting fired.

Belichick's success has ingrained him in NFL history. You're just really wrong. You would think a Bills fan would respect him more. He's been owning you forever, from his time as a defensive coordinator for the Superbowl champion Giants, to his 23-2 record against Buffalo (or whatever it is) since signing with the Pats.

Did Don Shula suck too? I don't get it lol.

Archived