THE BROWNS BOARD

Bills

Zombo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the fuck do you care where I spend my time?

So there's that...

As long as it's not here, I don't.

Not to add to your clearly rising stress level, but how 'bout Ryan bouncing Schwartz in favor of his guy, huh?

They've got billions in liquid cash, and not worried about jail anytime soon from ripping people off. They are basically sports fans with cash, and this is not a business to them. It's a legacy thing.

Same as Haslem, I do believe. He's a sports fan with cash. Of course, lots of cash doesn't buy you anything in the NFL, except the team. But it's nice to know they're rich, eh?

Now, the right coach to wake things up and hopefully change the attitude for good. People can hate on him all they want, but ask yourself if you would trade your situation with ours right now. A young GM, and everyone on the same page.

Why would we trade??? This is EXACTLY where we were just a year gao.....and still are, by most accounts.....We have a new rich owner, a young, smart GM and a solid coach who's changing the culture....and everyones on the same page..(well...one guy wasn't, but he's gone now)....so...

In two weeks, everything went from upside down to somehow working out perfectly.

For the moment. Things always seem great when they're new. The "working out perfectly part" needs some time to brew

I'm guessing we will have a new QB, and I wouldn't be surprised if the choice it a big splash.

Id agree that ANY qb you get is gonna create a stir. Maybe your owner can use some of those billions to buy a really good one.......

I'm a little excited.

Isn't that nice. Cleveland is happy for you.

Thanks. Things are looking up for us all!

Lets just hope that the Kubiak switch thing was total bullshit. You know.. with Haslem firing first year coaches on the bus ride home.

I think we would all love for Mike to succeed without something as counter productive, like losing Kyle over "differences" with ? and feeling like the ground is shaky knowing he might be the next Chud tomorrow.

Nothing could be worse and more distracting than a head coach looking over his shoulder after one season.

Mike's going to pull it all together and have the boys ready to play.

Painesville..

BTW, do you know Bruce Hanusosky or Keith Shima?

Great guys, and a pleasure to work with.

No worries there, cause that whole Kubiak story was fiction written by a local college kid......amazing how something as ridiculous as that gets legs......Pettine is solid and not looking over his shoulder.....and Haslem did what good owners do by backing him up and saying he's 100% behind Pettine....

and.....I've met Bruce, but I cant say I know him well. Did some work on his building many years ago when he was first starting out. His business is pretty well known in these parts and right around the corner from me(as is almost everything in Painesville, small place).....funny, cause when I saw the pic of your trailer and how fancy it looks, I immediately thought of High Tech ...

Can't say I know Shima.....though there is a Shima limo company close by....maybe the same guy?

... there is no alarm clock in my life or schedule to keep, so I guess I'll keep visiting with you and my friends on the Bills boards.

Since you asked..

I'm thinking Buffalo has a dream ownership couple. They've got billions in liquid cash, and not worried about jail anytime soon from ripping people off. They are basically sports fans with cash, and this is not a business to them. It's a legacy thing.

His wife is actually running the team.

Now, the right coach to wake things up and hopefully change the attitude for good. People can hate on him all they want, but ask yourself if you would trade your situation with ours right now. A young GM, and everyone on the same page.

I'm a little excited. We are going to use our restaurant trailer as a tailgater, and it will be ready to hit the road, I just need to buy a new tractor, and wrap the thing buffalo.

We might be at a game near you some day...

First, very cool looking rig, but only NFL near me is Dallas.

Second, alarm clocks do suck. Haven't set one excepting for special occasions in nearly a dozen years.

Third and last, owners with money are definitely a good thing, but Rexy poisoned your well as far as I am concerned, so I'll pass on the trade. Short-term, I think the Bills are clearly in a better position than the Browns. But then I could say the same thing about the Jets a few years ago.

Nope.. only crystal ball here belongs to Z, but I like my odds. AS I said... let's give it 10 months.

Not a JM fan, so you wasted time there. There is, however, difference between our clowns. Mine still has a chance of growing up.

Ring? Yeah Rexy has one as D-line coach. Hell his Daddy won a ring as a DC. How'd that translate to his being a HC?

I watched his inaugural presser. I could see the old Rex just straining to get out... but I suppose it's possible his lapband was just a little too tight.

All I want is for the Browns to continue on the improvement path Pet has set us upon. I could give a rat's ass which direction the Bills head.

Ring? Yeah Rexy has one as D-line coach. Hell his Daddy won a ring as a DC. How'd that translate to his being a HC?

I watched his inaugural presser. I could see the old Rex just straining to get out...

Yeah.....there is definitely something strange about ALL the Ryans....daddy and Rexy and Robby....

Can't put my finger on it, but they are way out there....somewhere.....

i like rex as a coach. i think his ego won't let him go backwards to being a DC again (which he might be forced to do if he fails in buffalo) but IMO there's nothing wrong for sticking up for your players, your team and letting your competition how you feel about them.

Peyton Manning is scheduled to make $21,500,000.

Really guys?

Which is most likely the reason Fox abandoned ship in Denver. Manning at this stage of his career isn't worth 1\2 that.

Stress isn't a part of my life. I'm in pretty good shape businesswise, and there is no alarm clock in my life or schedule to keep, so I guess I'll keep visiting with you and my friends on the Bills boards.

Since you asked..

I'm thinking Buffalo has a dream ownership couple. They've got billions in liquid cash, and not worried about jail anytime soon from ripping people off. They are basically sports fans with cash, and this is not a business to them. It's a legacy thing.

His wife is actually running the team.

Schwartz was absolutely awesome, but so is our defensive talent, so going back to the same system Mike ran here won't make a difference. We were pretty good two years ago defensively.

In two weeks, everything went from upside down to somehow working out perfectly.

I'm guessing we will have a new QB, and I wouldn't be surprised if the choice it a big splash.

I'm a little excited. We are going to use our restaurant trailer as a tailgater, and it will be ready to hit the road, I just need to buy a new tractor, and wrap the thing buffalo.

We might be at a game near you some day...

FWIW, I don't hate on Ryan. I do think he's a snake oil salesman extraordinaire.

BTW, MHO is the Bills are young & talented- at least on the defensive side of the ball. But if you think you're going to pull a franchise qb out of the rabbit hat, lotsa luck, especially with no first round pick in a real thin qb class.

In your favor- Brady can't play forever, so the tides of the AFC East are about to turn.

If you don't give a rats ass, why be a hypocrite and demonstrating it by posting a reply??

I think you would rather diss away on a subject you think you know...but really don't.

A subject I think I know? Yes. Those are usually the ones in which I engage. When I don't at least "think I know", then I find that questions work better. I understand why you'd hope I don't know this topic. If you cannot handle my disagreement, then you can't be very secure in your own beliefs.

As for hypocrite... not applicable. I'm in a football discussion about a coach. I love football. I don't love the coach. I talk about many teams, coaches, players here, but only really care about the Browns. Probably why I do not post on any Bills' boards. Ditto for 30 other teams.

Yeah.....there is definitely something strange about ALL the Ryans....daddy and Rexy and Robby....

Can't put my finger on it, but they are way out there....somewhere.....

Rob seems the most normal though.

ESPN did an segment yesterday on NFL Live intercutting Buddy and Rexy inaugural presser comments. Eerily similar... the ego flowed like water.

Archived