THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Wild Card Games

miktoxic

Agree to disagree? Sure... but as we travel that road.

No, I do not agree that the shoulder push was minimal. If I thought it was, I'd have to be pretty stupid to base my case upon it. Agree?

Is it not clear that the TE was stopping his momentum because he saw the ball coming, but was unable to do so because the LB saw to it that he could not stop?

I'll bend to this point: I would say by the pinpoint definition of the rules that's a PI due to the hand coming into contact with the shoulder. But if you make calls like that they might as well just play 7 on 7. It's a wonky play but that's about as good of defense you can play while still following the face guarding rules. He was making a play at the ball but the defender has a right to be there to stop it too and there's no contact in that regard.

The thing we can both agree on? If that's a Cleveland Brown receiver you bet your sweet ass it should be a flag every time.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it so hard to believe that somewhere out there people are conspiring?

This.

Is it so hard to believe that powerful people would get together and plan for certain outcomes?

Is it so hard to believe powerful interest would operate outside the law or be unethical? Nah

Is it so hard to believe NFL owners like Jerry Jones, Steve Biscotti, and Robert Kraft are in bed with league officials in Roger Goodell to protect their interest?

Is it so hard believe NFL owners and league officials would suppress information and cover for certain players that could jeopardize their TV ratings, commercial budgets, and revenue?

If you think everything in the NFL is ethical, clean, above board, and powerful people always play by the rules then you're visually and mentally impaired.

How exactly are we to know if a bad call is a conspiracy or just human error?

How do we find out?

The Cowboys have won 2 playoff games in 20 years.

Ill repeat...2 playoff games in 20 years.

Sounds like a shitty Jerry Jones conspiracy to me.

I don't think coaches or players are in on it.

I do think league officials, the marketing geniuses, and owners can influence refs to "steer games towards a certain outcome"

aka (a missed flag here, a phantom penalty there, etc)

The lights going off at The Super Bowl for a half an hour during a blowout allowing 30 minutes more of commercials and not allowing the game to get out of reach and losing interest?

Get fucking real. The NFL pulled the lights in the game.

I guess they should've turned the lights out on many other SB games too that were lopsided. They didn't help poor Peyton when the Broncos lost to the Seahawks last year in a lopsided loss. People must've been interested in seeing him screw the pooch.

Flags have gone missing?

Is it so hard to believe that somewhere out there people are conspiring?

There seem to be a lot of people that think so...

Hmmmm...

How exactly are we to know if a bad call is a conspiracy or just human error?

How do we find out?

The Cowboys have won 2 playoff games in 20 years.

Ill repeat...2 playoff games in 20 years.

Sounds like a shitty Jerry Jones conspiracy to me.

That's what I've been trying to say here and to everyone else who say conspiracy to this game in particular. The Cowboys are arguably the most marketed/followed team in the NFL. If there was conspiracy they'd have a few more rings by now especially considering they were in "win and in" games several times the past 10 years and lost.

Report: NFL tells Dallas Cowboys they missed 7 penalty calls against Detroit Lions http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/01/report_nfl_tells_dallas_cowboy.html

Clarence Hill @clarencehilljr · 60m 60 minutes ago

The Cowboys sent in 10 plays to the league to get reviewed as they do every week. At least 7 came back in their favor.

There was also a defensive hold on Jason Witten on the play before the 4th and 6

Among the flags missed were illegal hands to fade that were so blatant that it knocked off Jermey Parnells helmet.

Just in keeping with fairness, the NFL has told the Cowboys that game officials missed several penalties against the Lions

i guess dallas fans will try and balance out the fact that the nfl robbed detroit with this worthless piece of info.

i'm sure there's dozens of missed calls every game. they just don't throw the flags, which in this case they picked up and then chose to ignore the unsportsman-like conduct foul of a player going onto the field without a helmet.

shame on you dallas and the nfl.

Detriot wasnt robbed. They were beaten. Its not an automatic unsportsmans-like conduct foul coming onto the field without your helmet. That only applies to players on the field. You do not understand the rule.

So the entire team should have run off the bench and complained since its not a penalty. Foolproof plan..

Detriot wasnt robbed. They were beaten.

how do you know what would have happened if the lions got the ball downfield from the pass interference with an automatic first down in field goal range.

who are you, karnac?

So the entire team should have run off the bench and complained since its not a penalty. Foolproof plan..

Sans helmets...

Players and coaches are always on the field complaining. Its pretty common...

Coaches? Yes... Players? No... rarely if ever... whether helmeted or not.

On the field? Yes... a step or two. All the way out to the numbers? No.

Your homer is showing.

lol... maybe, but I'm not into conspiracy theories... not even in this case.

When the Ravens were making their SB run a few years back I predicted that they would go all the way and win it all, even if some freak occurences happened along the way. Why? Because the NFL and the Media was making such a fuss about it being Ray Lewis's swan song.

Kinda like Pittsburg when Bettis was playing his last year. Some really funky calls in the SB that went against Seattle.

I think there is so much controversy because the flag was picked up. The cowboys could have been nailed for holding on that play, but it wasn't seen/called. Beyond the hold - later down the field when the ball was in the air both the lions and cowboys players were pushing each other. I've seen much more agregious pass interference not called. And seen, especially early on, Joe Haden get called for much less before he adapted to "the new rules".

If that flag isn't thrown, and then picked up it's one of those ho hum plays where you say to yourself "it sucked but it's not the worst thing I've seen".

I'll bend to this point: I would say by the pinpoint definition of the rules that's a PI due to the hand coming into contact with the shoulder. But if you make calls like that they might as well just play 7 on 7. It's a wonky play but that's about as good of defense you can play while still following the face guarding rules. He was making a play at the ball but the defender has a right to be there to stop it too and there's no contact in that regard.

The thing we can both agree on? If that's a Cleveland Brown receiver you bet your sweet ass it should be a flag every time.

Face guarding rules? I thought that was college, not NFL? No Faceguarding in NFL?

Face guarding rules? I thought that was college, not NFL? No Faceguarding in NFL?

You have it the other way around. Face guarding in and of itself is NOT illegal in the NFL, but it is in college by definition. It is for sure called a lot as WR's are taught to initiate contact with the defender which is just about a call 100%.

Here's an interesting article from Pete Morelli who was an official at the game. You can see where he states face guarding is legal in the NFL too:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/01/04/lions-cowboys-referees-explanation-for-picking-up-flag-face-guarding-is-not-a-foul/

You cant keep moving the goal posts. First, i mentioned that the offensive player made contact with the defenders face mask, your response is "oh its only two finger". Now i inform you that its not an automatic flag and other players and coaches do it, and your response is "oh but not that far on the field". I think you have a misunderstanding of the NFL rules. You dont have a leg to stand on. I think your Cowboys hate is showing.

I could move the posts wherever I want, but I have not. I have responded to the points you have made. Yet to see you refute a point that I have made.

I have two legs.

I hate the Cowboys.

You are pure homer here.

Archived