THE BROWNS BOARD

does character count?

Westside Steve

Just a hypothetical. Was talking with a buddy a couple of weeks back about this and wondered how you guys felt.

The genie makes you an offer. We sign Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and Michael Vick and the Browns will be favored to win the AFC Championship Game. Do you take that deal or do you stand pat?

WSS

Very good player, was washed up before punching his old lady, old, and fragile/old. I would take the deal if the other three made sure that Adrian Peterson used time outs with his kids so long as he is under contract with the Browns.

Character is only an issue if you think it will affect playing time. Dennis Rodman who was probably one of the most dysfunctional athletes of all time is a hall of fame player because his antics were annoying but didn't affect his production.

True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

Yeah but you had a strong leader in Phil Jackson who kept the nonsense from hurting the on the court performance.

I believe under Bob Hill at San Antonio prior to Chicago it didn't work.

I've got faith that Pettine is kind of a badass but the question is does his lack of NFL success hurt his ability to pull Gordon aside and say, "you're taking plays off and pouting, I'll take some of it if you know what the fuck you are doing and dominate when needed" aka "be Randy Moss"

The good example regarding character in the 2015 draft is Dorial Green-Beckham.

Top-5 talent, Aaron Hernandez attitude.

Exactly...

After the fiasco of Josh Gordon and Johnny Fucking Football, it's hard to imagine the solution being Winston and Green-Beckham.....

Yet, some are suggesting it....hahaha

Archived